The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our second string
is better than yours
out second string is better than yours

(our new song maybe!?) ((Maybe not))

Taking the claret and blue specs off for a moment and I don't see many of that team improving the 1st IX.

We did what we were expected to do, win comfortably, but Crewe could have scored more than once and earlier in the game. DS delivered an honest appraisal after the game, which is refreshing.
That's very harsh I think merd! Every player showed something in that game apart from Targett who may be carrying a knock or something because hes not the guy I saw playing for Southampton yet.

I think Davis performance was incredible, great to see him get a goal too even if it was a tap in. Hourihane and Lansbury looked good, the defence looked solid, everyone got a touch of the ball and played sensible passes.

I think it's a brilliant squad.

Agree that our second string are better than theirs. There's no way we'll play the first team or anything close to it so soon after a difficult game against Arsenal imo. It'll be a difficult one but Smith said himself he's taking the competition seriously so we won't be going to make up the numbers.

It's not really rocket science or much of a debate. It's all hindsight and after the event based opinion really

No one complains when we play a second string and win. Well done Deano....

But if we play a second string and lose .... Bad boy Deano.

Well the match is only 2 days after Arsenal away, where I expect we will be chasing the ball a lot, so I cant see us going full strength. Hopefully Pansy Potter will do the same

Seems you're right. So Arsenal get given an extra day to recover from a Europa Cup game before they have to play us, yet we only get 2 days before we play Brighton!
Surely it will be pushed back to the Wednesday.
Now you've just hit the realms of la la land GGS. Common sense is not a strong point of the FA nor the EFL (whose cup it is).

That's very harsh I think merd! Every player showed something in that game apart from Targett who may be carrying a knock or something because hes not the guy I saw playing for Southampton yet.

I think Davis performance was incredible, great to see him get a goal too even if it was a tap in. Hourihane and Lansbury looked good, the defence looked solid, everyone got a touch of the ball and played sensible passes.

I think it's a brilliant squad.
There was one 'loose cannon' who did not play in position and was aimlessly wandering around the pitch like a crisp packet (a la Karim Al Hamadi).

He set up one goal and scored one as well. Why can't these players follow simple instructions and play in the position that they are allocated?

A standout moment which was perhaps lost in the avalanche of goals in Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup win at Crewe was the first team debut of promising academy player Cameron Archer, who came on to replace fellow graduate Keinan Davis for the last eight minutes.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...tle-cameo-villa-fans-react-to-academy-player/
Watching this kid for ten minutes made me realize that we were 100% correct in moving Scott Hogan out. His link-up/hold-up play and movement was better in that short cameo than we ever saw from Hogan. That's not to say he's going to become a world beater, but as a late substitute for a tiring centre-forward he showed he can do the job that's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.