The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steer, Trez, Douglas, Marv, Targett and Davis are the main lads I'd want to play this game.

I think Trez, Targett and Douglas still have plenty of adapting to do and we've not seen Marv yet. Davis has to show he is capable of leading the line and Steer obviously shouldnt be sitting out the entire season. The rest I am not too bothered about I think Mings, Mcginn etc. deserve a little rest.

Well even if we make 11 changes the side should still be good enough for Crewe.

Steer

Elmo Konsa Hause Targett

Marvellous

Hourihane Lansbury

Jota/Trez Davis El Ghazi

Yep as close to this as possible.
It would be utter madness and I cant believe it's being suggested that the likes of SJM, Wesley should play.
Have to show faith in the squad and protect certain players.
No way should SJ , SJM, Engels, Mings, Wesley, Luiz, Heaton, Guilbert be within 100 miles of Crewe .
People need reminding that currently the striker back up should Weskey get injured is Keinan Davis. Nothing against Keinan but he is an inexperienced kid . We wont survive if we are relying on him as our lone striker.

I want to win. I'm not throwing the game but that team above should beat Crewe 10 out of 10 times.

Doesn't bear thinking about SJM, SJ, Mings having a season ending injury at Crewe away at this stage having had the the opportunity to play capable others.

I genuinely don't care about this one. If we win, great. If we lose, nevermind. It's all about the PL for this season for me.
I think winning a cup and getting into europa next season would give us a huge draw for picking up that higher standard of player next summer. I really hope we give it a go in both cups, we should have enough depth to competit in both and stay up.

I think the teams above were the old management way. I think we will see a team that Dean Smith thinks can win, with various partnerships being developed further. I can see Steer coming in definitely, then DS will use this game to look at combinations. In theory we should see a seemless style of play with the additions. Not sure it will be wholesale changes though.

Off to Crewe in a minute if my chauffeur sirdennis ever arrives. Bit awkward that he always expects to talk with me whilst driving.

Some people eh? Always taking advantage of situations. He'll be aksing for petrol money before you know it

Steer
Elmo, Konsa, Hause, Targett
Angela, Marvelous, Hourihane
Jota, Keinan, El Ghazi

Should be enough to beat Crewe and a few of them will be pushing for a place in our regular starting line up. Its about time we had a decent cup run and it can keep the positivity up around VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.