The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

You boys and your trendy US tech shares...

I’ve bought into Greencore plc who make ready made sandwiches for the U.K. retailers, whilst the price is suppressed due to lockdown. Cash burn on the high debt is a watch out, price at time of writing is 116p mkt cap £600m.

It’s a risky one though, it might be one that I have to hold a few years as I’m not expecting a sudden doubling in price, it’ll be a bumpy ride and will probably never recover to pre-COVID levels, but we will be back to normal one day.

I’m happy to take punts on companies affected by footfall at the moment if they come back to profit in 2022.

@CDX_EIRE GOGO doesn't look great financially. Why do you like that one?

RKT looks much better financially. The analysts seem luke warm on it. Why is that?

My reason for being in this one is that their debt and interest payments mask a business that is actually profitable with guaranteed income for the next 24 months. Considering it is covid and they are actually profitable and have income to get them through it they should come out strong.
So basically S&P upgraded their debt rating which is what they needed to get a refinance. They pay 10%+ interest on their debt so I believe it looks like they are losing 50-100MM per year but that loss is actually purely their interest payments. Once they refi, it is expected that their balance sheet immediately turns the balance sheet around.
Management has committed to refi'ing before their next earnings call which I think is early March. They sold their commercial aviation business last year and had committed to doing by Q1 2021 but completed it in March. They promised to execute the refi on or before the earnings call I believe.
Its sort of a cross between speculation and high conviction. I've already made a few thousand on them already thanks to them being on the short interest list with AMC and GME but nobody is paying attention to it. So I believe shorts have come back in now (previously it was 50%). I am basically only using a portion of my profits on this play now.

Rocket I don't know as much about. I think the average analyst rating is $25 but I've seen some people say real fair value is $30. Unclear what the metric is tbh.
The fundamental bear case seems to be a future rate increase (which we know wont happen for a couple of years) and what appears to be 28B in debt. This debt is not really a risk. People have called their investor relations and the debt is basically based through the company to the ultimate holders of the mortgage. They hold this debt on average for 18 days. If they cant sell the debt then Fanny Mae and others who through regulation are compelled to buy debt. They sell 98% of these mortgages to the Government because the Government has bailed out these companies.
The shorts think Rocket is a bank with billions of loans outstanding. They are not and thats the opportunity.
Rockets Market share is a big opportunity, I believe they only have 8-10% of the market. They are also increasing optionality by entering into other loan and financing spaces. and They are entering into the canadian market.
Their margins are nuts they made 6B off of 11B in revenue last year.
They supposedly will be announcing a new partnership on their next earnings call.
PE ratio is only like 5, they are anticipated to do 8b off 14b revenue this year and they are a 40B market cap.
Their client retention is around 90%, something like an average of 4 transactions per customer.
90 odd percent of the company is owned by insiders, the float is only 2B and they are already buying back 1B.

The high short interest, strong metrics and handful of possible catalysts such as the partnership and upcoming earnings call could possibly send this to the moon as WSB say.

I am in the process of preparing my mind to handle what I want to do which is put 50% of my trading account into the trade. Currently only have about 7-10%.

My reason for being in this one is that their debt and interest payments mask a business that is actually profitable with guaranteed income for the next 24 months. Considering it is covid and they are actually profitable and have income to get them through it they should come out strong.
So basically S&P upgraded their debt rating which is what they needed to get a refinance. They pay 10%+ interest on their debt so I believe it looks like they are losing 50-100MM per year but that loss is actually purely their interest payments. Once they refi, it is expected that their balance sheet immediately turns the balance sheet around.
Management has committed to refi'ing before their next earnings call which I think is early March. They sold their commercial aviation business last year and had committed to doing by Q1 2021 but completed it in March. They promised to execute the refi on or before the earnings call I believe.
Its sort of a cross between speculation and high conviction. I've already made a few thousand on them already thanks to them being on the short interest list with AMC and GME but nobody is paying attention to it. So I believe shorts have come back in now (previously it was 50%). I am basically only using a portion of my profits on this play now.

Rocket I don't know as much about. I think the average analyst rating is $25 but I've seen some people say real fair value is $30. Unclear what the metric is tbh.
The fundamental bear case seems to be a future rate increase (which we know wont happen for a couple of years) and what appears to be 28B in debt. This debt is not really a risk. People have called their investor relations and the debt is basically based through the company to the ultimate holders of the mortgage. They hold this debt on average for 18 days. If they cant sell the debt then Fanny Mae and others who through regulation are compelled to buy debt. They sell 98% of these mortgages to the Government because the Government has bailed out these companies.
The shorts think Rocket is a bank with billions of loans outstanding. They are not and thats the opportunity.
Rockets Market share is a big opportunity, I believe they only have 8-10% of the market. They are also increasing optionality by entering into other loan and financing spaces. and They are entering into the canadian market.
Their margins are nuts they made 6B off of 11B in revenue last year.
They supposedly will be announcing a new partnership on their next earnings call.
PE ratio is only like 5, they are anticipated to do 8b off 14b revenue this year and they are a 40B market cap.
Their client retention is around 90%, something like an average of 4 transactions per customer.
90 odd percent of the company is owned by insiders, the float is only 2B and they are already buying back 1B.

The high short interest, strong metrics and handful of possible catalysts such as the partnership and upcoming earnings call could possibly send this to the moon as WSB say.

I am in the process of preparing my mind to handle what I want to do which is put 50% of my trading account into the trade. Currently only have about 7-10%.

You've sold me on RKT. I'll start digging around on that one. Is that a Dumb Money trade?

You boys and your trendy US tech shares...

I’ve bought into Greencore plc who make ready made sandwiches for the U.K. retailers, whilst the price is suppressed due to lockdown. Cash burn on the high debt is a watch out, price at time of writing is 116p mkt cap £600m.

It’s a risky one though, it might be one that I have to hold a few years as I’m not expecting a sudden doubling in price, it’ll be a bumpy ride and will probably never recover to pre-COVID levels, but we will be back to normal one day.

I’m happy to take punts on companies affected by footfall at the moment if they come back to profit in 2022.

Sandwiches are similar to commercial office space. It's going to take a while to recover, if it ever fully does.

I sold the 2kg of silver that I bought in 2011 today. Thanks to the exchange rate, I made 3.5% profit. Lol

I was expecting to eat a 30% loss.

You've sold me on RKT. I'll start digging around on that one. Is that a Dumb Money trade?

I first got onto it from the guy Peloton Gainz on discord and then subsequently through @dpogrebinsky - he is also where I got the $GOGO idea. He comes up with some good ideas I've noticed in the last while however, I've only followed him into $GOGO and $RKT. I've followed them mainly because they are simple and easy to understand stories and the follow-up DD is pretty straight forward.

Obviously, I could still get crushed on either of these trades. Refi might not happen on the expected timeframe for $GOGO or insiders could use any potential leap in share price to sell (unlikely). However first lockup expires today, supposedly they've maintained they will not be selling.

I first got onto it from the guy Peloton Gainz on discord and then subsequently through @dpogrebinsky - he is also where I got the $GOGO idea. He comes up with some good ideas I've noticed in the last while however, I've only followed him into $GOGO and $RKT. I've followed them mainly because they are simple and easy to understand stories and the follow-up DD is pretty straight forward.

Obviously, I could still get crushed on either of these trades. Refi might not happen on the expected timeframe for $GOGO or insiders could use any potential leap in share price to sell (unlikely). However first lockup expires today, supposedly they've maintained they will not be selling.

RKT have Q4 earnings on the 25th of Feb. That should be interesting.

Their net income was $58m off $3.16bn operating income for Q3. Their profit margin was 1.23%.

RKT have Q4 earnings on the 25th of Feb. That should be interesting.

Their net income was $58m off $3.16bn operating income for Q3. Their profit margin was 1.23%.

Also BB supposedly like Ireland there is a massive shortage of housing. Apparently, there's only 370,000 single-family homes on the market and 80MM Millenials.

Interesting. Interest rates on savings accounts have been virtually zero for a long time anyway. I just wonder if they will be happy to lend money at lower rates in a bad economy. These are the same ***** who took all the bail out money from 2008 and kept it for themselves.

Interesting. Interest rates on savings accounts have been virtually zero for a long time anyway. I just wonder if they will be happy to lend money at lower rates in a bad economy. These are the same ***** who took all the bail out money from 2008 and kept it for themselves.

The average small bank balance like mine probably won’t be affected, but those with tens of thousands might have to view it as a service they need to pay for, rather than someone that is owed to them. For convenience and safety, I’d rather money in a bank than under my bed.

Ofgem again proving they aren't fit for purpose and banks continuing to pretend free banking is still a thing. What a surprise.

Tesla went and bought $1.5B of BTC - woooooooooooo mad money!

I thin a few people are upset they used part of the secondary offering to buy it.

Tesla went and bought $1.5B of BTC - woooooooooooo mad money!

I thin a few people are upset they used part of the secondary offering to buy it.

If I was an investor in Telsa, I'd be furious that they spent $1.5bn on Bitcoin. To me, Bitcoin is a massive ponzi scheme. You'd have to question the board of a company that makes those kinds of decisions.

If I was an investor in Telsa, I'd be furious that they spent $1.5bn on Bitcoin. To me, Bitcoin is a massive ponzi scheme. You'd have to question the board of a company that makes those kinds of decisions.

I sold my big 2 shares today (they were up 100% anyway) - Tesla juiced my account anyway.

I bought Romeo Power and Nio to replace it. I typically dont like Chinese companies but NIO looks to be a leader and aspirational brand in China. RMO is a bit of spec play I think they'll do well if all these EV Regulations come to fruition.

I need to look at my holdings again because it's bloated to like 22 positions now.

I sold my big 2 shares today (they were up 100% anyway) - Tesla juiced my account anyway.

I bought Romeo Power and Nio to replace it. I typically dont like Chinese companies but NIO looks to be a leader and aspirational brand in China. RMO is a bit of spec play I think they'll do well if all these EV Regulations come to fruition.

I need to look at my holdings again because it's bloated to like 22 positions now.

Congratulations! That's a great gain.

Be careful with Nio. What's traded on Wall Street is a holding company in the Caribbean that has some funky agreement with Nio in China. You aren't actually buying shares in Nio and you don't legally own any part of Nio.

Romeo Power sounds romantic.