The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

The stock market has gone mad, if they do bankrupt these hedge funds it might cause a short-term market crash.

A lot of seemingly strong companies dipped quite a bit today. Which I assume was companies covering their short positions and unwinding some of their longs.

They’re also making some people very, very rich - if I was an ordinary shareholder I would be selling before it does crash. What a dream ticket to captial gains you would never have imagined.

How do I start a rally on Reddit on Legal & General shares?

They’re also making some people very, very rich - if I was an ordinary shareholder I would be selling before it does crash. What a dream ticket to captial gains you would never have imagined.

How do I start a rally on Reddit on Legal & General shares?

CDX put me on to some guys called Dumb Money. One of their guys is going nuts for WSB and getting in ahead of these trades. I think you could probably catch something early if you are willing to lurk on Reddit for long enough.

most of the trading apps used by the reddit kiddies are sell only on that particular pup though atm
should be fun when it plummets

supposedly the hedge funds are out now - which seems to be the main driver for those buying to 'stick it to the man' etc
what's it actually worth $10-20 maybe -
but nah wouldn't touch it altho it can't be far off a massive correction on the froth in general

most of the trading apps used by the reddit kiddies are sell only on that particular pup though atm
should be fun when it plummets

Even some of the non-kiddie ones did it too, TD America is a big brokerage and now owned by Schwab. They have a younger demographic and did the same.

Its one thing to say you can't use margin and put TDA at risk its another to dictate what you can do with your own money. Good arguments today about the legal liability based on your investor profile but I have mine set to the highest risk and I couldnt do anything.

Fidelity is where my big boy money is and they didnt stop my buying AMC which was my one man silly protest. RH I would have pulled out and closed down everything if I could have. That was an emotional decision that I have reversed but I probably will end up moving all my money into a different brokerage.

If rumors are true people will be going to jail. Someone said Steven Cohen pulled the plug of the clearinghouse and subsequently leveraged into another short on $GME. If true they should go to prison and he should have a lifetime ban from the markets.

Isn't this whole Gamestop shit the exact reason why the planet is financially fucked on a stock market front. Some spotty teenager feels happy about a company or some 40yr drunkard feels the same for a day and some make money for doing nothing and others lose money for doing nothing and despite nothing changing in said company it can be totally reversed the next day if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Betting on disaster, borrowing shares that you sell and then buy back and then give back WTF?

Isn't shorting in itself insider trading or at the very least commercial espionage?

I can understand Amazon's share price as they make money, the likes of Facebook/Twitter - have they even actually made a profit yet in reality?

I honestly don't get it, the whole thing is a scam based on a false premise.

Isn't this whole Gamestop shit the exact reason why the planet is financially fucked on a stock market front. Some spotty teenager feels happy about a company or some 40yr drunkard feels the same for a day and some make money for doing nothing and others lose money for doing nothing and despite nothing changing in said company it can be totally reversed the next day if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Betting on disaster, borrowing shares that you sell and then buy back and then give back WTF?

Isn't shorting in itself insider trading or at the very least commercial espionage?

I can understand Amazon's share price as they make money, the likes of Facebook/Twitter - have they even actually made a profit yet in reality?

I honestly don't get it, the whole thing is a scam based on a false premise.

Facebook made a profit of $7.85bn in Q3 last year. Yep, 7.85 billion in 3 months.

Things like what's happening at Gamestop and AMC are total market manipulation and have nothing to do with the fundamentals of the companies. Still, it's a lot of fun to watch.

Most stocks don't operate like that. The markets are so big that spotty teenagers or drunk dads can't move the market by themselves. If you can get a few hundred thousand drunk dads and spotty teenagers you might be able to move something small. Stocks go up and down on the fundamentals of their business.

My Top Glove shares are up 10% today after a Malaysian subreddit issued a call to arms to emulate WSB's Gamestop fiasco/battle/gain/game.

Top Glove doesn't have the same short interest as Gamestop did so it would be very difficult to make it pop like that.

The Asian markets are down in general as Wall Street tries to figure out what's happening.

FB has removed their WSB group and you now need to register with Reddit to read the WSB page.

It's hilarious how much these retards (that's what they call themselves) have shaken the establishment.

It turns out that Cittadel (the market maker used by Robinhood) was the one who made the call to stop accepting buy orders but to continue taking sell orders. Cittadel are one of the people who baled out Melvin. The 'tards are furious and believe that the short sellers are still in the game. They are going to be going hard at Gamestop today. Grab your popcorn, fellas.

BB I dont even know whats true anymore. I saw that Apex Clearing who are the clearinghouse for both RH and WeBull made them shut down.

I saw that it was due to RH not having enough capital available during the settlement process either.

I've no idea what to believe.

Big movement in silver. There has been some chatter on WSB about silver but I wasn't sure how serious they were about it. Apparently, it's impossible to find physical silver at the moment.

If we see a big move up in silver, I fear it might cause a market crash as the markets freak out about the power of WSB and where they are going to go next.

Big movement in silver. There has been some chatter on WSB about silver but I wasn't sure how serious they were about it. Apparently, it's impossible to find physical silver at the moment.

If we see a big move up in silver, I fear it might cause a market crash as the markets freak out about the power of WSB and where they are going to go next.

From all the different sources I follow they reckon margin requirements and options will be much more limited in the future. Perhaps even limiting options based on a cash value. Thats how most "real" brokers do it anyway, I don't think TD or Fidelity let you trade options without $25,000. Altho if you call them up they will authorize it.

I also follow a guy Craig Scott his twitter is private but he'll let you in @InfinityTradesX - he isnt selling anything he is just teaching people. He's made his money. Those are the guys I like. He said his ultimate goal is guide and help people as the inevitable happens. He is bearish for the next few months and thinks a deep pullback will happen in the next 2-3 months. To be fair to him he isn't crying it out from the hills he is just quietly saying he thinks it could pull back due to the euphoria of the last 9 months.

Another thing he said as that Silver doesnt trade like a stock so he doesnt see them being able to move it like $GME. He doesnt think its possible, he said moving a commodity is nothing like moving equities. I am staying clear, I am focused on $GOGO and $RKT (Rocket Companies) both of those are somewhat under the radar companies who are shorted but are actually incredibly solid businesses. $RKT IPO'd - days ago and they're already buying back 1B worth of shares (there was 2B on at IPO I Believe).

From all the different sources I follow they reckon margin requirements and options will be much more limited in the future. Perhaps even limiting options based on a cash value. Thats how most "real" brokers do it anyway, I don't think TD or Fidelity let you trade options without $25,000. Altho if you call them up they will authorize it.

I also follow a guy Craig Scott his twitter is private but he'll let you in @InfinityTradesX - he isnt selling anything he is just teaching people. He's made his money. Those are the guys I like. He said his ultimate goal is guide and help people as the inevitable happens. He is bearish for the next few months and thinks a deep pullback will happen in the next 2-3 months. To be fair to him he isn't crying it out from the hills he is just quietly saying he thinks it could pull back due to the euphoria of the last 9 months.

Another thing he said as that Silver doesnt trade like a stock so he doesnt see them being able to move it like $GME. He doesnt think its possible, he said moving a commodity is nothing like moving equities. I am staying clear, I am focused on $GOGO and $RKT (Rocket Companies) both of those are somewhat under the radar companies who are shorted but are actually incredibly solid businesses. $RKT IPO'd - days ago and they're already buying back 1B worth of shares (there was 2B on at IPO I Believe).

I've sold out of SILJ, AAL and PENN today. The only American stock I have left is EPD.

The silver rally looks like a bust to me. It failed to break $30. I'm expecting a big correction there. I might buy back in when that happens.

@CDX_EIRE GOGO doesn't look great financially. Why do you like that one?

RKT looks much better financially. The analysts seem luke warm on it. Why is that?