The Bury game | Vital Football

The Bury game

Lienking

Vital Football Hero
Surprised that only half the ground is open for this one. Usually these games have no excitement, but we now have two players in most positions with nothing much to choose between them. Good performances could get the first team shirt, and hopefully we will get to see more of Soudani, Robinson, Hefele, Byram, Bridcutt plus more chances for some of the younger players.

Would like to see
Smith
Byram Hefele Dawson Robinson
Cash Yates Bridcutt Goncalves
Soudani Brereton

Maybe 4 4 2 is the way to go, as Grabban and Soudani both look useful goalscorers, without either of them looking like a lone striker. In fact Grabban improved when he moved out more towards the wing.

It’s a nothing game. God forbid we lose, but if we do it’s a distraction from what REALLY matters. If we win, it’s expected, nothing to see here ! I’ll be surprised if the attendance reaches 5 figures.

1-4-2-3-1

Steele
Byram
Dawson
Hefele
Robinson
Yates
Watson
Cash
Soudani
Goncalves
Murphy
BENCH
Smith
Worral
Appiah
Brereton
Bridcutt
Lolley
Clough

Last edited:
It’s a nothing game. God forbid we lose, but if we do it’s a distraction from what REALLY matters. If we win, it’s expected, nothing to see here ! I’ll be surprised if the attendance reaches 5 figures.

Karanka has 30 decent players to keep happy. Games like this will be an ideal opportunity to give some of them a chance to win the first team shirt, or at least give them some game time for when they are needed. If we play Spurs, Man City etc later, will that be a nothing game?

I'd go with a complete change. Give Byram and Hef some game time but wouldn't risk Dawson in a cup game.

Smith/Steele (whichever is deemed the number two).
Byram. Worrall. Hef. Robinson.
Watson. Bridcutt.
Soudani. Brereton. Goncglaves .
Murphy

Karanka has 30 decent players to keep happy. Games like this will be an ideal opportunity to give some of them a chance to win the first team shirt, or at least give them some game time for when they are needed. If we play Spurs, Man City etc later, will that be a nothing game?

I was talking about this game in isolation. Do you think we’ll get more than 10k for this game, because we might play Spurs, Man City etc in the next round ? Also I was talking about how we as fans would rationalise a potential banana skin. If we do lose we’ll explain it away, as a game that doesn’t really matter, got bigger fish to fry etc. Of course we all want to get as far as we can, but if we don’t oh well never mind.

Every game is important doesn't matter wether it's a nothing game or a cup final. Every player should play to their best ability .
Don't forget that paying fans have the last word in their aptitude of match performance.

Aren’t the prem teams filtered in over the next 2 rounds?

I think the next round is only prem teams not in Europe and the relegated 3.

It’ll be nice to see Brid get some time and have a look at Hef/Byram. Agree we shouldn’t risk the War Horses in a cup game.

It’s only £15 for me and the boy so bought tickets this afternoon ?

Any match thread from anyone? Or is it only just the carabao cup?

Back to work today so less time. It's hard to find the hour or so it takes midweek when I'm at work.

When you have CP and DF deliberately needling you on threads, trying to start an argument you ask yourself "shall I spend that hour writing for the forum? Or shall I spend the time doing something more enjoyable like taking the bins out or hoovering?" And come down on the side of the latter

I was talking about this game in isolation. Do you think we’ll get more than 10k for this game, because we might play Spurs, Man City etc in the next round ? Also I was talking about how we as fans would rationalise a potential banana skin. If we do lose we’ll explain it away, as a game that doesn’t really matter, got bigger fish to fry etc. Of course we all want to get as far as we can, but if we don’t oh well never mind.

Seems like you aint on the same page as most of us :) The boss will want to win the cups as much as the league.. and about time we had that attitude too :)

Sheesh! I put the curse on that... No Bridcutt!

Strange he’s not even on the bench either unless not fit?

XQCZ5Y

Back to work today so less time. It's hard to find the hour or so it takes midweek when I'm at work.

When you have CP and DF deliberately needling you on threads, trying to start an argument you ask yourself "shall I spend that hour writing for the forum? Or shall I spend the time doing something more enjoyable like taking the bins out or hoovering?" And come down on the side of the latter

Needle and thread.

Smith, Byram, Robinson, Dawson, Hefele, Watson, Yates, Goncalves, Soudani, Cash, Murphy.

That's an outstanding team. You could make an argument for it being stronger than saturdays