The Brexit effect on football ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Brexit effect on football ?

My point is simple; there have always been non-Europeans in all walks of life and more so when/if we leave Europe and football is no different.

Why the doom mongering? Let's seize the opportunity to develop markets around the world and sign undiscovered talent from anywhere and everywhere. Once our go getting commercial department has conquered China the sky really is the limit, 46th game in Dubai to start with before relocating to the highest bidder with all games streamed to an underground Factory somewhere in Medway. This is going to be great, really great. I dream of intergalactic Gills once Elon gets his thing together.

I don't know whether you are being deliberately obtuse WayneKerr, but football clearly IS different to other walks of life. It has been explained a number of times, but I'll do it again one more time just for you - to get a work permit as a non-EU passport holder adult to play football in England, you need to demonstrate you have sufficient ability, and are not just cheap labour.

Vambogills - 8/2/2018 22:13

When SL gets us into europe Gills fans will have a blue passport to get us to Barajas Madrid airport where we can enjoy a long visa filling immigration scrum before heading to the Bernabau where the Spanish crowd will mock us because all the UK based Japanese manufacturers have moved their businesses there instead.

vambo - whilst I like your thinking about SL getting us into Europe I have to point out that this nonsense about blue passports is just mory Tory bullshit to appease small minded nationalists. Blue passports could have been reintroduced without ever leaving the EU. Not only that but the original blue passport was itself imposed upon Britain by Johnny Foreigner. But hey, when have the Tories ever let the truth get in the way of their bullshit?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/blue-passports-brexit-colour-change-leave-eu-withdrawal-european-union-countries-travel-a8124526.html

It was not Tory propaganda, but Leave propaganda. All major parties including the Lib-Dems were to a degree split. It was David Cameron's fear of UKIP that bought about the referendum, the only useful thing he did.

No, the announcement was made by Theresa May, who is the leader of the Conservative Party but was part of the Remain campaign.

I agree with you about Cameron's fear of UKIP but I reckon that fucking a pig was probably more useful than calling a referendum...

Cheap labour? Maybe we could get a good striker from non EU country on minimum wage.