The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

Is there anybody else on here who know frankly firk all about Brighton? The last time I saw them play was the 1-1 where jack stole “their” title.
My optimism is based entirely on our current feel good status and hopes they haven’t improved since then. Fingers crossed eh?!

Is there anybody else on here who know frankly firk all about Brighton? The last time I saw them play was the 1-1 where jack stole “their” title.
My optimism is based entirely on our current feel good status and hopes they haven’t improved since then. Fingers crossed eh?!
All I know is that fella we were going to buy will score against us

Oh, and MUST be the same starting 11, injuries permitting. That said I was watching the playoff semi and final this morning - if heaton not 100% it’s great to know we’ve got Mr Steer to come in.

Exactly my thoughts , in 5 years there will be lots of ex VAR officials in witness protection ?
Well the good news is that I have just finished reading the excellent Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari, the follow up to his equally excellent book Sapiens.

In Homo Deus Harari states that there is a 98% probability that sports referees will be replaced by algorithms within the next 15 years.

That can't be a bad thing!

Right off in a minute.

I don't normally hype games up but I do feel this is a must win today bearing in mind our next 2 fixtures.

Don't like the phrase must win, however we need to beat as many teams in the bottom half as possible. Like to see Douglas Luis get some decent game time, although the Hurricane keeps contributing. Possible banana skin but should be too good for them.

Well the good news is that I have just finished reading the excellent Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari, the follow up to his equally excellent book Sapiens.

In Homo Deus Harari states that there is a 98% probability that sports referees will be replaced by algorithms within the next 15 years.

That can't be a bad thing!
Hope so and your right , both excellent reads ?

Would love another dominant performance with plenty of goals and not have to worry coming into the last 10 mins.... get a bit of confidence (and 3pts) going into the next 2 games. 3-0 to the villa! C'mon the Villa!

they did take spurs apart

It's been two weeks since that Norwich performance, nevertheless, the players have to keep their feet on the ground.

Approach the match correctly, start from the first whistle, play to the last and we should win. Play for the shirts, play for the club, play for yourselves and play for the supporters. COME ON YOU LIONS...... you can do this!

Not a must win; no match is at this point in the season. But a win would be a massive plus, and we really ought to do it. Anything else leaves us with more to do, especially looking at the matches coming up. And without a win we could end up in the bottom three; Everton have just won and the teams around us could as well. A loss could mean we need a good Xmas run just to get us out of the bottom three.
Here's hoping.

I find these sort of matches more nerve-wracking than those where we're the outsiders.