The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

Chester still needs minutes for U23's and Jota is out for a couple of weeks after his hernia op.

Other than that a full bill of health.

Good read here - interview with Sir Dennis of Mortimer on the Brighton website.

On signing for Villa from Cov:

“It felt like a step up because a club that had just got promoted wanted me and were prepared to pay a decent amount, which £175,000 was at the time. But it wasn’t until I got there that I realised the potential. Coventry usually drew about 17,000 to Highfield Road and when I made my debut at Villa Park there were 52,000 in the ground. It dawned on me very quickly that it was a big club that had previously fallen on hard times.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...n-villas-european-triumph-and-the-present-day
Great read thanks JPA.

I don't really think anyone should know who is the VAR man, it might help them actually overrule the ref if said ref didn't know who the VAR man was but this old pals act is coming into play where the VAR man always backs his mate on the pitch.
Look at that Dermot bloke on Sky doing his best to justify every crazy decision to the point of making himself look a nob.
Exactly my thoughts , in 5 years there will be lots of ex VAR officials in witness protection ?

I'm far too excited for Brighton at home. I'm far too hyped and buzzing and looking forward to the game.

This can only mean one thing.....

I'm going to be let down!!!!

After the high of thrashing Norwich, the last two weeks have seemed like a bloody eternity....can't wait for tomorrow, should be a decent game and I'm confident of 3 points.....this confidence malarkey isn't normal for us long suffering Villans....but I quite like it and long may it continue!

We have momentum. Genuinely think we will be too strong for them.

What makes a game like this interesting for me is too coaches who are very good at working with what they have and producing. I am very curious to see what weaknesses both managers are seeking to exploit.

If teams are still targeting Jack that’s a good thing for us, double up on Jack (and he doesn’t get the credit for taking extra players away) and free up SJM.

If teams are still targeting Jack that’s a good thing for us, double up on Jack (and he doesn’t get the credit for taking extra players away) and free up SJM.

Jack makes us tick, he draws 3 players every time he gets the ball, He glides past players as if they are not there.
He's our best player by a mile and I think we are taking him for granted to the point of when he's not a 9 out of 10 people are saying he's not played well etc.
It won't be long before the rest of football wakes up to it, just like they have with Tyrone .

I've been ready to go since 9am I only live 5 miles from VP, I'll be there 3 hours before KO, but away like a shot come the final whistle that's my routine.
works for me