The Ashes Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Ashes Thread

Shame, tail is going to have to do better, if not there is a hell of a lot of pressure on our bowlers.

We were just starting to edge the day then threw away wickets.

Interesting second day in prospect. At least there looks like there is some turn

The Fear - 18/7/2013 20:11

Oh and from 28 for 3, I think I'd have taken that score!!

Fair point. Got ourselves out again but good recovery as you say. It's a 400 wicket but the way the last test went who knows.

Yup. Just hope our attack are as good as we think it is. Could well be another humdinger couldn't it mate? I'd like to think our bowlers are chomping at the bit having seen the swing and also the bit of rough Strauss was talking about, 'more than usual for a first day'.. Hope so!!

Loving it!

The wickets haven't been very English, they are more like subcontenant pitch. Which is why they prob went for bress over Finn as he reverses the ball more than Finn.

We will still win though

I think Aussies will struggle to get more than 600 over 2 innings, so get past 300 tomorrow, then close to 300 in our second innings and can't see anything but an England win :63:

Well that was a bit dozy of Anderson. Got a reprieve with a non caught ball then did exactly the same the very next delivery!!!

Pitch marking up nicely though. Swann could have some fun today.

Atherton and Hussain both say we'd not enforce the follow on so I will just shut my trap!!

Dont know what it is about England, we never seem to enforce the follow on. Ah well we could be back batting again before the days out.

Yeah, not sure why either. I guess if they think the pitch is going to turn etc. But surely go for the jugular, kill the / win the match?!

Very few enforce a follow on these days.
There have been some bloody awful shots again. KP looked totally out of it.

Trekker - 19/7/2013 18:23

Very few enforce a follow on these days.

But why not, Mark? Australia were on the ropes and now they've been given a glimmer of hope after taking three cheap wickets.