The All New TV Thread | Page 184 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Going to start watching American Gods 2 For the second time to see if I can ascertain more of what is going on second time round

Did anyone see that documentary on the Tokyo metro at rush hour?

They employ pushers to get everyone on the trains

Not for me

I love celebrity masterchef and great British bake off. Those two along with peaky blinders and football pretty much make up my weekly viewing

Finished the first season of Mindhunter, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing the second season.

Also agree with Melon, enjoying the new Peaky Blinders season, although that Scottish guys accent is pretty suspect (as are a lot of them I'd imagine)

Yes, posted in this thread the same, Brassic, binge watched and enjoyed. I think that Michelle Keegan is relatively easy on the eye!

Thought the last episode of Peaky Blinders was pathetic. Talk about a show going up its own backside. The Churchill scene was embarrassing. They have strayed so far from the original story it is untrue. Typical though, anything Birmingham based naturally has to end up in London! The gangs were scum of the earth, rough as hell, they wouldn't end up MP's in parliament !

Thought the last episode of Peaky Blinders was pathetic. Talk about a show going up its own backside. The Churchill scene was embarrassing. They have strayed so far from the original story it is untrue. Typical though, anything Birmingham based naturally has to end up in London! The gangs were scum of the earth, rough as hell, they wouldn't end up MP's in parliament !

Spoiler alert.......!

Yes. Must admit I was underwhelmed. Backed itself into a corner adding real life people in. Not exactly a shock Moseley wasn't killed because he didnt die until 1980!. Didn't think it was great making him the main baddie. There was other stuff that the writers could have made the focus like Michael's attempts to take over. Instead next season I fear will be about Moseley again.

Shame because some of the series was very good I thought. Think it was episode 2 where I thought it was one of the best episodes they had made.

Kind of agree, it went a bit off the rails the last few episodes.

I thought it was interesting at first when Mosely came into it, and it referenced the fascist movement of the the early 30's, but I didn't predict that would become the main plot and end with some kind of Inglorious Basterds type assassination attempt at the end! Didn't he live until the 80's?

EDIT: just seen MD's reply, he lived until 1980. So yeah, obviously he wasn't going to be killed.

Tell you what has turned into utter crap.

Stranger things . 4 episodes into season 3. Since when was it a slapstick comedy?.

I thought Peaky Blinders was as good as ever.

As said above it had to move on. You can't have 5 series about a razor cap gang cutting people on the streets of Small Heath, I've quite enjoyed the progression of Tommy from gypsy to MP while still maintaining his violent ruthless streak.

I'm sure it's not unthinkable to think that some of the MP's back then came from rather shady backgrounds. I'd imagine a fair bit of research was done before going down that route, the story probably losely parrallel's someone or other.

I also like the fact that this series had many different story lines all going on at the same time, rather than just one battle against 1 family like they've done in the past.

And finishing the series with loads of loose ends.... why not? It's a break from the usual formula and keeps it a bit fresh. Other shows do it all the time. I know Peaky usually concludes nice and neatly but I've no problem with them leaving us hanging just this once.

Tell you what has turned into utter crap.

Stranger things . 4 episodes into season 3. Since when was it a slapstick comedy?.

Disagree with this too. Started slowly but ended brilliantly.

It has always been a fun show. It's never taken itself too seriously, thats half the appeal.

and of course it gave us the greatest love scene since Juliet noshed of Romeo....

I was initially disappointed with the last episode of Peaky Blinders mainly because they always tie up all the loose ends , but I think it's clever that this time there are so many plots to take into the next series, so it's now a thumbs up from me.

I dont mind the loose ends, it is so obviously coming back. I just think it has drifted ridiculously away from what it was about. The Churchill scene was pathetic.