The agents best friend.... | Vital Football

The agents best friend....

Certainly try and request a sell on clause if the agent insists on a release clause.

PLAYER still gets away,AGENT STILL GET`S HIS 5% OF TOTAL DEAL NEGOTIATED.....club may benefit long term?
It`s called counter re negotiation........ Barry Fry is good at doing it on deals.
Loads of instances of clubs reaping sell on windfalls.

can anyone answer whether or not we have any sell on clause on the sale of Woodyard to Posh,sad if we see no long term upside on the deal and watch Posh take all the cream in 18 months time.

Bet we've bought players with release clauses, what goes around comes around.
That's football guys!
Get some cash now or nowt at the end of his contract?

Yes,listening to DC tonight he loves release clauses too!

especially when they are engaged 2 days before the season starts.

Anyone would think that recruiting replacement players was like walking into Tescos with an empty basket. and filling it up.....it`s nothing as easy as that ...it`s more of a case of running faster to stand still and disrupting your planning to boot.

A
Yes,listening to DC tonight he loves release clauses too!

especially when they are engaged 2 days before the season starts.

Anyone would think that recruiting replacement players was like walking into Tescos with an empty basket. and filling it up.....it`s nothing as easy as that ...it`s more of a case of running faster to stand still and disrupting your planning to boot.
Anylink to our leaders words of wisdom?

I would rather we refused all such deals.
And i would rather have players who want to be here.
And isnt it about time agents were sued for breaching confidentiality when they tell a buying club the exact fee they need to bid?

Leeches indeed

I think Whitehouse, Farman and Waterfall are all with the same company. Someone’s done very well out of our departures this summer!

Certainly try and request a sell on clause if the agent insists on a release clause.

PLAYER still gets away,AGENT STILL GET`S HIS 5% OF TOTAL DEAL NEGOTIATED.....club may benefit long term?
It`s called counter re negotiation........ Barry Fry is good at doing it on deals.
Loads of instances of clubs reaping sell on windfalls.

can anyone answer whether or not we have any sell on clause on the sale of Woodyard to Posh,sad if we see no long term upside on the deal and watch Posh take all the cream in 18 months time.
Barry fry is the master of squeezing out every last penny from the buying club

And isnt it about time agents were sued for breaching confidentiality when they tell a buying club the exact fee they need to bid?

Leeches indeed
You may not like the team you’re left to support. I don’t like the clauses, the agents or their actions but it let us sign Woodyard, Raggett, Waterfall, Rhead (I believe he has one) and god knows who else has one in their contracts.

Leeches indeed

We are a league 2 club, doesn’t mean they don’t want to be here, they wouldn’t sign if they didn’t want to be here. Means if a bigger club comes in in the future they want to be able to move on.

Only thing I would consider putting into these release clauses is that they must be met by 'x' time i.e. 14 days before the transfer window closes or something, which gives ample time to source a replacement.

That would be a good thing.

You can put anything in a contract provided it isn't actively illegal or against FA regulations. As such, players who may once have signed on with a hand-shake and a single typed side of A4 signed at the bottom have learnt to use that to their benefit.

Foreign club's use it a lot, particularly the Spanish but I know they run with slightly different rules, hence why all their contracts have to have release clauses in them.

Or, if it's not met by 'x' date, the value of the release clause increases. They do that, too.

Only thing I would consider putting into these release clauses is that they must be met by 'x' time i.e. 14 days before the transfer window closes or something, which gives ample time to source a replacement.

bury these details which bend the contract back in your favour in the small print.....agents will be too busy popping the bubbly to notice anything plus a lot of these agents/slimeys can`t read and write.