The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

Completely agree re; both Ballard and Simms, people are probably sick of me talking about them.

Ballard has gone to Sunderland, and my point re: simms is just who leaves to make room for him?

Not seen it official re: Ballard.

If we were to get Simms it would be Beasley who went on a half a season loan initially for me.

We are being linked with the young AFC Wimbledon midfielder Jack Rudoni.

Transfer fee remains sticking point in Huddersfield Town bid for 12-goal midfielder Jack Rudoni
Reports from London suggest that the Terriers, along with Sunderland, have had a renewed bid knocked back for the attacking midfielder, who impressed in League One last season

Completely agree re; both Ballard and Simms, people are probably sick of me talking about them.

Ballard has gone to Sunderland, and my point re: simms is just who leaves to make room for him?

Two very decent players, I would be delighted to have Ballard back, but for me, neither were very keen to return. Appleton will probably have his own ideas and targets. Its all changed it seems and probably time to move on.

We don’t need Ballard in my view, I appreciate he was a decent player but I’d rather we spent else where.

I think with decent service the 4 we have could be in the goals, I’ve a feeling Yates will have a new lease of life under Appleton and could get back to scoring regularly.

You would have to think a youngster like Casey who is still a bit raw might be someone Appleton can really bring on so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s kept this season and not sent on loan. Same also applies with Carey who looked impressive before injury so hopefully he can kick on this season.

I’d keep Thorniley & Dale but agree with Dave that Garbutt, James & Lubala can move on.

Hopefully we can get Keshi back to form pre injury as he was our best player.

I know it’s frustrating we haven’t signed anyone but for once we actually have numbers for pre season and don’t have a handful of players on the books. I’m sure over the next couple of weeks we will make progress and perhaps get a couple of youngsters in on loan that Appleton can see potential in. I’d love Sterling back as well but I wouldn’t be surprised if he featured in and around the first team or perhaps was loaned to a lower Premier League side. I also thought the competition brought out the best in Gabriel and what worries me currently is that our back up right back would be Connolly who we can all agree isn’t his best position.

Wales

Blackpool have been credited with holding an interest in young Brentford defender Fin Stevens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriels injury record is starting to look really bad isn't it. When he's on the pitch he makes a positive difference, but in reality we almost have to have a squad with 2 x starting calibre RBs because he misses so much.

The same for Stewart. I like him but only being available for a quarter of the season means that he is unfortunately becoming a liability especially ££ wages wise as I can't imagine him not being one of the highest earners.

Gabriel played just 21 games last season. Wintle played 18 and was only here for 4 and 1/2 months....

The same for Stewart. I like him but only being available for a quarter of the season means that he is unfortunately becoming a liability especially ££ wages wise as I can't imagine him not being one of the highest earners.

Gabriel played just 21 games last season. Wintle played 18 and was only here for 4 and 1/2 months....

Yeah, Stewart was absolutely worth the risk in league one because he's clearly championship quality who would only be dropping down because of the injury risk. Different ballgame when he's at the right level and still only playing 25% of the time.

Jun 27, 2022

Not a lot happening in the Pool transfer market is there!

And still not a lot happening with only 19 days to go to seasons start. Should we be concerned and worried about this?

A left-field name has been linked to Blackpool as Israeli midfielder Dor Peretz is reportedly someone of interest.

Last edited by a moderator: