Thanks | Page 3 | Vital Football

Thanks

Always my first port of call when I fire up the laptop. I think it's great that we can argue until the cows come home on certain threads then totally agree on others.

Quite funny and surreal sometimes, throwing hammers in one thread, joking around in another, and completing agreeing in a third when it's the same folks in all three threads.

You can't multitask like that in a pub lol

I really like this place, especially compared to other Villa forums which I spent years on. Firstly you're allowed to have something called 'banter' on here whilst other forums are banter free zones.

Secondly this forum is run by people with a sense of humour, other Villa forums are run by individuals who have had sense of humour transplants.

Finally there's a lot of great people on here!

I really like this place, especially compared to other Villa forums which I spent years on. Firstly you're allowed to have something called 'banter' on here whilst other forums are banter free zones.

Secondly this forum is run by people with a sense of humour, other Villa forums are run by individuals who have had sense of humour transplants.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Accusing JF and the alert team of having a sense of humour is frowned on just as much as giving me any praise or thinking I've made a good point.

:ban:

Quite funny and surreal sometimes, throwing hammers in one thread, joking around in another, and completing agreeing in a third when it's the same folks in all three threads.

You can't multitask like that in a pub lol
I bet you can't find one thread where I've agreed with you..... :tongue::tongue:

I think we should have a Vital Villan of the Season award..... I promise I'll keep my acceptance speech nice and short.... :smoke::smoke::smoke:

I bet you can't find one thread where I've agreed with you..... :tongue::tongue:

I'm convinced I've given you a red card for agreeing with me before lol

With the amount of crap we both post though, I'm not going searching for it, it would take forever :Fingers:

I think it's a great forum and most people agree with me, those who don't agree just need further convincing ;)
Funny that, cos most people agree with me lol - been fairly easy for us all to agree on the majority of things this year.

Think I'm gonna disagree with a few when I urge caution reference next season. Many have suggested we "should" be pushing for European football with a couple of strategic additions to the squad. I just don't think our trajectory is linear and I'll be quite happy with a similar points haul (consolidation) - if we get a few more points I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Many other teams will be spending/improving their squads and all their fans will be as expectant as ours. In truth, we had some great results last season, but we can't rely on collecting so many points off the teams above us again. We're not yet controlling games, too many passes go astray or don't stick. I think we have come a long way in a short period but if it was easy to break into the top 6, many teams would have done it by now.

When disagreeing with posters on this site I sometimes think I should really agree with them. But then I think, "No, we'd both be wrong then."
Seriously, I learn a lot from some very knowledgeable and common sense posters on here. I love the fact that this is a multi-generational site. The age range must be tremendous.

Funny that, cos most people agree with me lol - been fairly easy for us all to agree on the majority of things this year.

Think I'm gonna disagree with a few when I urge caution reference next season. Many have suggested we "should" be pushing for European football with a couple of strategic additions to the squad. I just don't think our trajectory is linear and I'll be quite happy with a similar points haul (consolidation) - if we get a few more points I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Many other teams will be spending/improving their squads and all their fans will be as expectant as ours. In truth, we had some great results last season, but we can't rely on collecting so many points off the teams above us again. We're not yet controlling games, too many passes go astray or don't stick. I think we have come a long way in a short period but if it was easy to break into the top 6, many teams would have done it by now.
Yeah, all you need do is look at the gap between us and Newcastle one place, but ten points, below. It's a looooong way to the European spots in terms of consistency over the season. It's doable, don't get me wrong, but another couple places up the table without any sustained slumps in performances would represent a decent improvement.

Even that is assuming we get what we need in the way of player recruitment.