Thank you your Majesty! | Vital Football

Thank you your Majesty!

Amen to that. With her age it isn't a surprise but shocking nonetheless. Whatever opinions people might have of her she has always lead the country by example and worked every day of her life. She has always been at the forefront as a public figure in the face of adversity and has been a tremendous servant to the United Kingdom. May God Save The Queen!

The fact that they’ve gone public with this news suggests the seriousness of her condition. I wouldn’t describe myself as an ardent monarchist, but she has always inspired a touch of awe for me and total respect.
She has been a constant throughout my 64 years in the place …way outlasting my school days, work life, my parents and much of my extended family ….as such she has literally always ‘been there’ in the news on the telly in the papers….the monarchy certainly won’t be the same when she’s gone and I can’t see Charles inspiring anyone to any degree.
This could be a watershed moment for the constitution.

I endorse everything said, I have always been a royalist and Her Majesty has done a wonderful job for our country. My wife who comes from Armagh, Northern Ireland is very upset as they absolutely love the Royals over there. Today is my 72nd birthday, and I would hate to remember the day with Her Majesty's demise.

Last edited:
I've never reported anyone on this forum, ever. But I just made an exception for you after disturbing this thread. Take your insults, your political bile and sling your hook!

I'd say it was LMB but his grammar and spelling was better than this prick.

Now can we please get back to the thread and possible passing of the greatest living person.

The Royal Family are all in transit to Balmoral, including Harry. It saddens me to say that this probably the biggest clue of them all in regards to Her Majesty's current status.

I've never been a massive Royalist, but always loved the Queen from a young age. Her resilience, calmness and strength is truly admirable and whenever she speaks, I feel that all is okay in the world even if the walls are falling down around us. Her address to the nation at the height of Covid being an excellent example of that.

We can debate regarding Prince Charles, but I do feel William in particular has inherited many of the traits that made his grandmother so special and will be a fitting King in the future.

Last edited:
The Royal Family are all in transit to Balmoral, including Harry. It saddens me to say that this probably the biggest clue of them all in regards to Her Majesty's current status.

I've never been a massive Royalist, but always loved the Queen from a young age. Her resilience, calmness and strength is truly admirable and whenever she speaks, I feel that all is okay in the world even if the walls are falling down around us. Her address to the nation at the height of Covid being an excellent example of that.

We can debate regarding Prince Charles, but I do feel William in particular has inherited may of the traits that made his grandmother so special and will be a fitting King in the future.
I am not a royalist at all but I agree with your sentiments about her.
As for the future generations - they have a lot to live up to.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty, thank you will never be enough! All my thoughts are with the family and it truly devastates me to know that a number of them couldn't make it in time to say goodbye before she passed.

Long live King Charles 3rd.

Earlier on, not being an overt monarchist (whilst neither being an outright republican), I'd respected the rights of others to proclaim their sympathies and expressions of loss ..............but on more than one occasion tonight, switching channels, watching the various tributes, I must admit to getting a little teary eyed on more than one occasion.

Maybe though, the best example of this woman (regardless of who she was) simply being a decent person is this ........ RIP Liz ... your like will not be seen again.

Last edited:
On the day I was born Elizabeth was my Queen, and then every day since. Until this morning. I usually don't get too emotionally wrapped up on hearing of the death of someone I don't know and never met. That grief is reserved for friends and close family and especially parents. This feels different though. Its like a part of anyone I've ever grieved over has just moved further away...another connection to our past severed and people we loved.

I feel privileged that you were my Queen for so long. Charles has a huge job on his hands to " follow that " as they say.

God Bless your Majesty and Long Live the King.