Thank you Steve Cooper | Vital Football

Thank you Steve Cooper

You can tell he loves the club in everything he says. Unlike many I think he genuinely wants to repay the owner for his faith in him at a time when pretty much any other owner would have just sacked him.

When you consider our owner’s trigger happy reputation, that was an absolutely huge call.

Well don't all rush at once to thank the manager for committing his immediate future to us, despite being linked with some big hitters.

Typical Radz Fred (PMSL)

It’s probably as you’re a snert & so most on here have done the sensible thing & placed you FIRMLY on ignore.

We called Cooper out for subbing Shelvey and not replacing like for like last week but how much has Cooper got correct this season. I was listening to him being interviewed before game and the interviewer asked if the draw at Everton had a bearing on game. SC felt it was so long ago and teams had changed so much and Forest were still integrating at that time that his answer was no,very little.

Got me thinking. Last Everton game, third game of the season and the media was up in arms about Forest buying 21 players. Here we are now with the team starting yesterday and Navas, Lodi, Aurier, Felipe, Shelvey and Wood were not at the club when we played Everton. It shows what a massive turnaround of staff not once but twice that Cooper has had to manage whilst playing every week. Add to that Ayew, Scarpa and Danilo and we can see why they appear a bit disjointed at times. If we can survive this season, bring in 3 high quality players and have a good preseason, I am hopeful of some real quality football next season.

elsewhere I have commented about building a team around MGW, BJ and possibly Danilo. All 22 this year. If we can supplement these with three more quality young players we will have a nucleus for the future. Just need to survive this year.

Horrible Fred
His shit
Can see the Mods icing this

What an utter vile vile forum this is

You’re also a dinosaur. Stop using GENDERED language it makes you look like a bigot.

Sure.no worries, maybe I will just refer to everyone as *****. I will start when you stop.being ageist.

I am nowhere near as old as some of the foggies on ere.btw.

Sure.no worries, maybe I will just refer to everyone as *****. I will start when you stop.being ageist.

I am nowhere near as old as some of the foggies on ere.btw.

I wasn’t insulting your age I was pointing out that gendered language isn’t what a gentlethem would do no matter how old they were.

I am quite definitely an old fogie and it looks as though I've learned a lot more than some of you youngsters. In particular about Forest. Even you middle aged blokes seem to be spoiled at times by memories of the Cloughie years. Perhaps you should have been there in the formative years in the 1950s and earlier, in the days of part time players when you went to see your team when you were lucky enough to have a quid in your pocket for once. Take my word for it, they were very different days to today.

We are more lucky with our football today than many of you realise.

I am quite definitely an old fogie and it looks as though I've learned a lot more than some of you youngsters. In particular about Forest. Even you middle aged blokes seem to be spoiled at times by memories of the Cloughie years. Perhaps you should have been there in the formative years in the 1950s and earlier, in the days of part time players when you went to see your team when you were lucky enough to have a quid in your pocket for once. Take my word for it, they were very different days to today.

Quid in your pocket? Luxury. We used to dream about having a quid in our pocket.

I wasn’t insulting your age I was pointing out that gendered language isn’t what a gentlethem would do no matter how old they were.

i was born in kings mill, how much of a gentleman do you think i am? not sure there have been many gentleman here since orf packed and left.

chapz is being used like folk or guys- traditionally gendered language but nowadays not so much. i was being inclusive rather than exclusive.

i do think language matters, then again, so does intention.

you could be right, us middle aged blokes were spoilt. when i first started going regular i paid £4