Team Vs Sunderland | Vital Football

Team Vs Sunderland

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Both teams off form - Sunderland no win in the last three and Norwich no win in the last four.

DW confirms that there are a few knocks to players and they will asses them today during training. Hoping they are not too serious.

DW also confirms that they have recalled Reyes from his loan but have done this too late for tomorrow and so Ansen will be on the bench again tomorrow. why didn't they recall him once Gunn confirmed to be out until end of November - slow moving Norwich.

DW says that Gunn is unlikely to feature for Scotland in November's international break due to his injury. DW cannot see a situation where he features. DW is very happy with Long's performances in training and knows he can rely on him in Gunn's absence over the next few weeks.

DW says that Hanley will play his first 45 minutes in a development game against Stoke on Monday. This will then be increased between the time before the next international break - there is no plan for him to feature before the break despite results. Wagner keen to stress that they cannot rush it now.

It will be interesting to see if DW throws Hanley straight in when he is 100% - after DW not changing the back four currently because he likes a settled defence. If he does then that says a lot about what he thinks of Batth.

DW says he has held more meetings in the last few days than he normally would. DW says he has already described it on multiple occasions as 'this is not the nicest period'. He is happy to take the criticism and says that the squad is very self reflective. He then says that he will never question his players - 'Do I ever question my players? No, never, not a chance. Six weeks ago everyone praised them. We are not miles away. We have lost four games by just a single goal.'

That is. worry that the manager never questions the players after a shit run. Can I get a job at Norwich - I can fuck up and never be questioned - sounds great.

He continues by defending the players and saying he has a quality squad - that is nonsense DW!

the thing is he then says that he has shown the players where they are going wrong and that is that they are way too open in the game - so isn't that questioning them??

Then because these players are too sensitive he says that he always follows that up with positives. Goodness me can managers not criticise players these days without them getting upset and so the manager has to cuddle them and say 'you're so good though'.

DW says that the fans criticising him is just and they have the right to do so, but he doesn't like to hear it. He says that 'he hears it' and he 'just stays calm' just makes sure he 'sticks to his values' - DW that is the bloody probably you are to stuck in your ways and never change it. He then says:

'The only people who can turn it around, it's us. You, the journalists, won't change it for us. The fans won't change it for us. Only us. We will be brave. It's so important that I go to bed in the evening knowing I have done everything to prepare the lads for the game.'

Oh and then this -

'Look I had a run of seven games without a win at Huddersfield in the Championship before. This is quite normal for me. Now it is about how you respond to it and whether you get driven away by the noise.'

So guys this losing is normal for DW and if it continues for another three games its fine he has done that before in fact went 18 games without a win for Schalke - oh, aren't we lucky.

So our new Director of Football is on an extended holiday (recharging his batteries) so will not be involved in any chats with the current situation and is not going to be involved until he arrives which DW says he is expecting it to be around the end of November (expects - doesn't he know). DW says there has been no extra conversations with Webber and Adams have taken place.

DW states the obvious 'if results were positive, people wouldn't be looking to the changing factors at the football club.' DW then simps for the owners and shows he is a good dog by praising the processes and all the people involved at the club.

I am now confused as one minute DW says no talks have taken place with SW and NA about changes and they are all on the same page and staying positive, but then he says that they are looking changing the setup and changes with personnel. He says that this is all to help build up the confidence in the players.

'There are conversations happening about our tactical set-ups and personnel changes are currently happening.'

I stopped watching but apparently there were questioned asked when Idah was taken off on Tuesday because he was coming into the game but when asked about this DW said that Idah was tired and needed to come off --- that sounds like shit. He said that he felt that Hwang and Sainz gave us more attacking threat....did they?

'Idah was brought off on Tuesday for his energy levels'

DW says that he has asked the players to be brave for the Sunderland game. Says he wants the players to remain consistent in their performances ---- DW they are remaining consistent --- they are losing and playing poorly!

DW says that he doesn't think that Sunderland are the strongest side in terms of attacking a defending set pieces, but says that they are a strong side. So you watch they'll score two goals from set pieces and concede none from set pieces.

I'd go:

Long

Stacey
Warner
Batth
McCallum

Forshaw
McLean
Fassnacht

Sara

Rowe
Idah

Subs:

Ansen - Fisher - Duffy - Nunez - Placheta - Giannoulis - Sainz - Ogwuru - Lima

go 4-3-2-1 and with these player you can switch to 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 or even 4-5-1

Lol yb defo not but he should or atleast 40k gets boot for me, play warner or batth, got to get CDM in as its clear how porous we are, DW losses this he should go, no question, the scum have double out pts tally already with a weaker squad so who’s to blame DW…..

Both teams off form - Sunderland no win in the last three and Norwich no win in the last four.

DW confirms that there are a few knocks to players and they will asses them today during training. Hoping they are not too serious.

DW also confirms that they have recalled Reyes from his loan but have done this too late for tomorrow and so Ansen will be on the bench again tomorrow. why didn't they recall him once Gunn confirmed to be out until end of November - slow moving Norwich.

DW says that Gunn is unlikely to feature for Scotland in November's international break due to his injury. DW cannot see a situation where he features. DW is very happy with Long's performances in training and knows he can rely on him in Gunn's absence over the next few weeks.

DW says that Hanley will play his first 45 minutes in a development game against Stoke on Monday. This will then be increased between the time before the next international break - there is no plan for him to feature before the break despite results. Wagner keen to stress that they cannot rush it now.

It will be interesting to see if DW throws Hanley straight in when he is 100% - after DW not changing the back four currently because he likes a settled defence. If he does then that says a lot about what he thinks of Batth.

DW says he has held more meetings in the last few days than he normally would. DW says he has already described it on multiple occasions as 'this is not the nicest period'. He is happy to take the criticism and says that the squad is very self reflective. He then says that he will never question his players - 'Do I ever question my players? No, never, not a chance. Six weeks ago everyone praised them. We are not miles away. We have lost four games by just a single goal.'

That is. worry that the manager never questions the players after a shit run. Can I get a job at Norwich - I can fuck up and never be questioned - sounds great.

He continues by defending the players and saying he has a quality squad - that is nonsense DW!

the thing is he then says that he has shown the players where they are going wrong and that is that they are way too open in the game - so isn't that questioning them??

Then because these players are too sensitive he says that he always follows that up with positives. Goodness me can managers not criticise players these days without them getting upset and so the manager has to cuddle them and say 'you're so good though'.

DW says that the fans criticising him is just and they have the right to do so, but he doesn't like to hear it. He says that 'he hears it' and he 'just stays calm' just makes sure he 'sticks to his values' - DW that is the bloody probably you are to stuck in your ways and never change it. He then says:

'The only people who can turn it around, it's us. You, the journalists, won't change it for us. The fans won't change it for us. Only us. We will be brave. It's so important that I go to bed in the evening knowing I have done everything to prepare the lads for the game.'

Oh and then this -

'Look I had a run of seven games without a win at Huddersfield in the Championship before. This is quite normal for me. Now it is about how you respond to it and whether you get driven away by the noise.'

So guys this losing is normal for DW and if it continues for another three games its fine he has done that before in fact went 18 games without a win for Schalke - oh, aren't we lucky.

So our new Director of Football is on an extended holiday (recharging his batteries) so will not be involved in any chats with the current situation and is not going to be involved until he arrives which DW says he is expecting it to be around the end of November (expects - doesn't he know). DW says there has been no extra conversations with Webber and Adams have taken place.

DW states the obvious 'if results were positive, people wouldn't be looking to the changing factors at the football club.' DW then simps for the owners and shows he is a good dog by praising the processes and all the people involved at the club.

I am now confused as one minute DW says no talks have taken place with SW and NA about changes and they are all on the same page and staying positive, but then he says that they are looking changing the setup and changes with personnel. He says that this is all to help build up the confidence in the players.

'There are conversations happening about our tactical set-ups and personnel changes are currently happening.'

I stopped watching but apparently there were questioned asked when Idah was taken off on Tuesday because he was coming into the game but when asked about this DW said that Idah was tired and needed to come off --- that sounds like shit. He said that he felt that Hwang and Sainz gave us more attacking threat....did they?

'Idah was brought off on Tuesday for his energy levels'

DW says that he has asked the players to be brave for the Sunderland game. Says he wants the players to remain consistent in their performances ---- DW they are remaining consistent --- they are losing and playing poorly!

DW says that he doesn't think that Sunderland are the strongest side in terms of attacking a defending set pieces, but says that they are a strong side. So you watch they'll score two goals from set pieces and concede none from set pieces.
What he also said Bears is
" We must invest everything to turn this around."
So if they don't and we lose, that means everything that can be has been invested.
Therefore, He MUST go Monday.

• 12Long
  • 35Fisher
  • 24Duffy
  • 6Gibson
  • 30Giannoulis
  • 23McLean
  • 17Gomes Sara
  • 16Fassnacht
  • 29Forshaw
  • 27Rowe
  • 31Hwang Ui-jo

Substitutes​

• 3Stacey
  • 7Sainz
  • 8Gibbs
  • 11Idah
  • 20Placheta
  • 21Batth
  • 25Hernández
  • 26Núñez
  • 51Ansen

Goal machine No Idea dropped for another Goal Machine.
If neither score today that will be 0 goals between them in October.

Last edited:
I am happy to see Fisher in the team. Hwang is a waste of space, he is one of the few people I would rather see Idah instead of. Why not give Sainz a start? Still no changes at centre back which is worrying.

A defence that has conceded 24 goals in 14 games and until Huddersfield let in 4 at lunchtime kick off was equal worst with them and QPR and has generally been unchanged.

Wagner's answer to keep both CB 's and drop right back.