Team vs M'boro | Page 7 | Vital Football

Team vs M'boro

I agree refs are shit but I am fully blaming Sainz for that and not the ref. It was really weak but there was no need to have his feet up. He gave the ref and Howson an opportunity to send him off.

Slow motions show Stupid Sainz kicked out , so the intent may stop the red being overturned.

That's what howson did to sainz prior to the red and howson got nothing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306-231827~2.png
    Screenshot_20240306-231827~2.png
    510.6 KB · Views: 6
My god, here we are playing championship yet again and one of our best players from the past Johnny Howson who was sold certainly against my wishes is STILL playing championship and yet again against us and creating havoc, just as he did for us. This was one bloody decision of self funded crap that really has come back and not just bitten us but chomped us right up

Never learn, either. I remember last season when we decided to go with three central defenders. We all knew that was a risk, especially with Hanley and Gibson and what happens if they get injured and no one was signed in January. Guess what? Both got injured, and we lost any chance of getting into the playoffs because we only had Omobamidele.

The same happened with left-back McCallum and Giannoulis, both of whom had knocks. We loaned out Early and then sold without having any other left-back. Both McCallum and Giannoulis got injured, and then we played Sorensen there—injured. Then Mclean got injured, and the club sat on it and said that they would look at a new left-back in January. Then Smith got sacked, and they couldn't sign a left-back.

We were lucky that Aarons stayed fit, as for about three seasons, we just loaned out Mumba and went with one RB.

This season I think nearly all of us thought going with two forwards was a little risky and then boom two injured and dw was happy with just Idah and having Gibbs and nunez as backup.

This season going with three wingers after Springett and Placheta let go in January. I thought it was a risk, and now we are left with 0 and out-wingers, but DW says it's okay as we have Gibbs.

There are probably more examples.

The thing is, we now have the whole first-team squad involved in the match-day squad because the squad is so tiny, and DW did say he didn't want to be left short - I bet he is pissed at BK for that.

Long
Gunn

Stacey
Fisher

McCallum
Giannoulis

Duffy
Hanley - sounds like he got an ankle knock
Gibson
Batth

Sorensen
Nunez
McLean
Sara
Gibbs

Onel
Fassnacht
Sainz
Rowe

Barnes
SvH
Sargent

We will probably go into a FIFTH season with the proven losers that are Hanley and Gibson .
If they offer Gibson a new deal, then that would be bloody backwards, especially after BK going on about the future being younger players and DW also admitting that's the way to go. I wouldn't put it past them, though, going with Duffy, Gibson, Hanley and then maybe one of the guys on loan and letting Batth go, or going out and signing another old defender.

My god, here we are playing championship yet again and one of our best players from the past Johnny Howson who was sold certainly against my wishes is STILL playing championship and yet again against us and creating havoc, just as he did for us. This was one bloody decision of self funded crap that really has come back and not just bitten us but chomped us right up
Problem being Steve. He wanted to leave.

Afternoon all - hope everyone is doing well. I've not been on here in months as between moving home and starting a new job (back on the buses from the lorries) have not had a chance. Another poor season all round, way below what we should be expecting of this club having been in the PL for so many of the recent years. I am still not interested in DW being sacked. Cut the cycle and get rid of the owners properly and only then I will be interested in any other changes. OTBC

Norwich confirmed they have appealed the red card.

I didn't realise a red card was a four-game ban I thought it was two games.

I think it's dependent on what the red was given for. Second yellow is one match ban, proffestional foul is one match ban, dissent is two match ban and violent conduct it's three match ban. I guess this is a four because it was an off the ball thing?

Theoretically, if they were to decide that the appeal was frivolous, they could increase the ban to five games. Probably unlikely in this case because there is a question of intent and there was no real injury.

I think its one to three depending on why he was sent off and as its his second sending off this season another match is added. So if its a three match offence it becomes a four match ban.

I was wondering how it works for tomorrow. I doubt if appeal is decided so quickly so does he play and any possible ban then commences from a later game ?

Good question DG - I think they should let the club know by Saturday morning - I am sure I have watched Norwich games where a player on the other side was sent off midweek, and the commentator said his appeal was successful on the morning of the game.

I think he will still miss the game if there is no decision.

Reactions: Rex