Team vs Bolton | Vital Football

Team vs Bolton

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So

DF has confirmed that Pinto is back but is not able to play. Says Pinto can probably manage 20 minutes - so probably on the bench.

DF has confirmed that Klose is also injured and has pulled his hammy - will look at it last minute but not confident. He says he might have to look at other things. He says Tettey can play in at CB or he might go with a different formation - I hope if he is out then Raggett gets his chance sounds like DF doesn't rate him.

'We are prepared with different formations. It's important we are flexible.'

Wes and Edwards are both now 100% fit and are on DFs mind for tomorrow.

Jarvis will play for u23s next week.

DF says he was very pleased with how Watkins played midweek and is in his mind for tomorrow. He says that Watkins has improved his attitude too.

So

Out:

Pinto
Klose
Jarvis
Thompson

So I think DF will go:

Gunn

Reed
Hanley
Zimmermann
Lewis

Tettey
Leitner

Murphy
Maddison
Watkins

Oli

I think he might go something like that

I think I'd go

Gunn

Reed
Zimmermann
Hanley
Raggett
Lewis

Tettey
Leitner

Maddison
Oli
Hernandez

Now off into the city for a few beers ! Leaving the ground 5 minutes early at 16:45 to go shopping

:grin:

Norwich
1 Gunn
4 Reed
31 Hanley
6 Zimmermann
26 Lewis
27 Tettey
25 Hernández
23 Maddison
10 Leitner
11 Murphy
9 Oliveira

HT 0-0
Stats:

Possession
Home 79% Away 21%

Shots
Home 10 Away 3

Shots on Target
Home 2 Away 0

Corners
Home 4 Away 2

Fouls
Home 6 Away 10

Maddison hit the post early on

That was dreadful . Sorry to say this but all that the drama of the late goals against the Binners and Wolves achieved was to paper over the fact that game after game we look a very ordinary lower table Championship side . There will have to be a great deal of work done over the summer if we are to make an attempt to go up next season

utter utter shite.
Anyone who went to game able to say our tactics against a very very poor side
were good, defend keeping all players back against oppo corner and happy with short corners resulting in no cross at all.
I was disgusted with this garbage.

utter utter shite.
Anyone who went to game able to say our tactics against a very very poor side
were good, defend keeping all players back against oppo corner and happy with short corners resulting in no cross at all.
I was disgusted with this garbage.

makes Ipswich result look poor now.

after those 3 games, I was expecting at least 6 points and we got 3. Down to 14th. I was out all day today so heard nothing but reading on here it sounds like we were pants.

I see DF was sent off.

He also says that he takes the blame for the result and that he got it wrong.

How did Hernandez do?

It just seems that we can't get everything working right - I remember last season we scored lots but couldn't defend then started to defend but couldn't score - the start of the season we could defend so sorted that out but then couldn't score and that is the story now.

Oh Dear! Away for the weekend celebrating the Big 60.....Seems I missed nothing today at the footie, in bed at hotel most of today with a hangover from hell, now alive and going for the biggest steak I can eat.

Amazing how we can take one step forwards and two backwards all within a week....thats our team for us eh!

It's been a balance issue we've had for some time that goes back over a few regimes to be fair. Hopeless had a decent defence record in his first year with us which was in the Premier League. His problem was scoring as well. AN got us scoring but couldn't defend for our lives. Now we've gone back to being fairly solid at the back but cannot score again. I would take this over last season any day of the week, nothing more frustrating than shipping 2-3 goals a game because what can you do about that? Impossible to score 4 goals a game. At least currently even if we fail to score we more than often come away with something.

Obviously, I wasn't at the game today so I'll take the word of those who went - but RN made us sound immense in that first 45 minutes. I was shocked we weren't 2 or 3 up. Both Goreham and Cedric both said it should have been won by HT. Second half sounded like Bolton improved and we couldn't break them down - but even if we had I have zero confidence in Nelson scoring anyway !!!

This season is on course for exactly what I said it would be in the summer - mid table, up to 10th would be a good finish all things considered. More work in the summer and I believe we'll start to see the fruits of our labour next season. Keeping the faith!

Nathan. I was at game as always and yes the first half saw some very good and exciting play against a terrible bolton side but having failed to score they needed to kick on in second half which was absolutely terrible.
I despair at every home game and frankly am getting bored and when Mrs DG looked at our credit card statement yesterday had difficulty in justifying my 51 st season as a season ticket holder.