Team vs Blackpool | Vital Football

Team vs Blackpool

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Last one this season.

DW on Dowell:

He has done quite well in the time that I have worked with him but we want a fresh group. So we have to create this space. This is why he is leaving.

DW on Byram:

He has been here for a few years now, but he just hasn't put a run of games together due to his injuries.

DW on Sinani:

I take on board what the guys had told me what had happened before and we need new faces and new energy to this group of players.

DW says that Monday will be a day for Pukki. They will try to start him against Blackpool.

DW on giving something for the fans:

'Everything that we will do in the transfer window is not based on Monday’s game, no. We like to win football matches and this is our aim for Monday.'

Hernandez is back fit for Monday

Sargent has an injury that will keep him out until sometime in preseason.

It was hoped that placheta would be able to make a couple of games this season ut he hasn't recovered in time and now will be ready for preseason.

Is Sargent turning into an injury concern? The guy has been out a lot this season and now has another long Injury. We will be down to Idah upfront.

DW on preseason:

Next season there will be some very crucial parts (that need to be right). This will be our pre-season (his first and his pre-season) and it will be be our transfer window (his players to come in and work with). We really have to make sure we get this all 100% right to be competitive next season.

DW on the squad for next season:

I am very happy with what we all have in our heads. We have been showing the potential new players the training ground and the amenities around the club. All the first steps are done. But we do have more to be done.

So it sounds like the first new players have already be setup and shown around so I expect the first new signing to be confirmed sooner rather than later.

DW much like DF was like saying that he wants all transfers done by the 1st pre season game:

I want all the new players in for the start of preseason. This is very important to me. If we can get those players we want early then that will be great.

DW answers questions around selling Aarons and Omobamidele:

It is very common that we sell players to invest (it's our way). This is what we have to do and we do like to do. If we want new faces in the group then we just have o make the space for them. If you can do this and make some money that is great.

So he says the club likes to sell players and it is the clubs way. There ladies and gentlemen is one big issue with this club - they are happy to sell all their top talent.

Also sounds like both Aarons and Omobamidele will be sold.

Also if we have already shown new players around and discussed things how are we affording to buy them unless these are say two loan players or players out of contract.

Asked about where he will add new players DW said he isn't happy answering that.

If it is not disrespectful I don't want to answer that.

DW on Norwich and Huddersfield.

The setup here is different class. The thing is the squad is just not big enough. We have to make sure that we have the balance right. There are certain positions that we haven't been good enough in terms of quality and depth. But I am excited going forward.

So DS came in and said the group is too big and now we are told it is too small...couldn't make it up.

DW saying that there are areas we are short and we haven't done enough - I am guessing upfront, central defence, the wingers (DW hasn't been happy about this since joining) and maybe the attacking midfielder role.

DW asked about the loan market to save on spending money:

I really love to bring success to Norwich City FC. If we have to go to the loan market to get players then of course we will do.

DW says he is very interested to see where Pukki decides to play instead off here for us.

DW confirms that the club will not sell Mumba and he will be a big part of the club next season.

So says Mumba is going nowhere but didn't say that about Aarons and Omobamidele.

DW confirms that he will not be going away after the game as he has work to do and next week he will be in his office working away. I remember DS pissed off to America for like three weeks after the relegation didn't he?

Yes, next week I will b back here. I will probably go somewhere, but I haven't made those plans as yet. I will go to Germany maybe. then I'll be straight back to talk to players and agents.

I wonder if our preseason tour this year will be in Germany again.

Monday is for pride and to try not to finish on a negative but saying that I would throw some players in for their last game.

McGovern

Aarons
Omobamidele
Byram
Giannoulis

Sorensen
Gibbs

Tzolis
Sara
Hernandez

Pukki

Crazy to think that 8 of that 11 could be gone in summer - not bad though.

That whole backline could be gone.

Subs:

Gunn - Nunez - Idah - Hills - McCallum - Rowe - Marquinhos

Thinking about it maybe we should do what Blackpool are thinking and blood some of the young players to see what they can offer in a competitive game.

Alternative Line up with youth:

McGovern

Aarons
Hills
Byram
McCallum

Riley
Sorensen

Tzolis
Clarke
Rowe

Pukki

Subs:

McCracken (can't remember which young GK isn't out on loan)
Welch
Kamara
Shipley
Giannoulis
Coker
Hernandez

Sod it let's see what they can do - I heard so much about young Welch and is a Norwich lad (I think) and is a defensive midfielder. Riley is a central midfielder we battled with some other clubs to sign from Bolton so let's see why he played a couple of times for Bolton and they thought highly of him. Hills is a central defender and been around the first team and I think captained the U21s. Shipley on the bench is a left footed central defender and can play at left back if needed. Throw on McCracken at some point see what he offers. Coker looks like another Morris type big and strong with pace. So get Coker, McCracken, Welch, Kamara and Shipley on as subs at some point.

So Zoe Webber has said Webber will answer questions and talk about the future in due course....the thing is we all know it will be questions created by his marketing team.

She also made mention of the young player of the year award. It's called the Etty smith trophy after Delia's mum. Can't we have that changed. Like name it after a really successful youth player of the past or someone who played for us for a while and went on to do well in his career. Not an old lady who had nothing to do with football

Wouldn't the Darren Eadie trophy be well suited? A local lad who came through the academy and stuck by the club.
My thoughts exactly. Plus he is always happy to get involved so would come and give the trophy to the winner.

The Danny mills trophy.....hang on no he never played for us and isn't from Norwich....🤣

Oh Mr happy Chris sutton

So Zoe Webber has said Webber will answer questions and talk about the future in due course....the thing is we all know it will be questions created by his marketing team.

She also made mention of the young player of the year award. It's called the Etty smith trophy after Delia's mum. Can't we have that changed. Like name it after a really successful youth player of the past or someone who played for us for a while and went on to do well in his career. Not an old lady who had nothing to do with football

How about the Shetty Smith trophy.

I have never felt so unenthusiastic about going to last game of season.
Nothing to play for and maybe the embarrassment of failing
to beat an already relegated team.

I am arguing on insta about ' legends'. Pukki came here for free
and is leaving for nothing. That results in getting higher wages.
He has done very well but is also part of the total failure of last 2 seasons.
I will clap him and wish him well but he is not a legend but simply
one of the many over paid sportsmen in this world.
A legend is a soldier, fireman, policeman or anybody who risk their lives
in order to keep us safe.

Fair play to you DG, I wouldnt attend today if someone paid me.
The whole season is an utter embarrassment, how are the staff and players going to go around at the end of the game clapping the fans and expecting it back?
Id love an empty attendance to show solidarity to how these over paid prats have embarrassed us, including the coaching staff and owners.
They should make it a free to attend game as its been that bad, i say this as all the prem wealth weve had and weee say in mid table with literally no decent performances all season and no team ID.

Agree totally with your posts lads . I don’t want to go today but will be there to say goodbye to Pukki and then leave immediately after giving a two fingered gesture to all the miserable losers of players on the pitch , the rude Webbers and the totally self centered , obnoxious Smiffs who have wrecked our club and forced myself and many others to stay away in the future until they go

Last edited:
I feel bad about going today and having ST for next season as I have been against the smiffs for many years and saw these days coming a long time ago.

Only comfort I have is that I am going on a big USA trip and hopefully Windies cricket tour this year so may miss a few games.

The worry is were now more or less starting over again. Weve got no real potential in the squad, no real excellent talent, just 2 saleable players in airons and sara who for me im happy to let go, then what? Weve literally got nothing with excitement left!!

No goodbye for Byram or McGovern.

Bit of a shame but maybe they are injured or didn't want to play

Subs

Krul
Hayden
McCallum
Rowe
Hills
Idah
Kamara

Strange having Hayden on the bench but no Marquinhos. I do wonder if some didn't fancy it so no place