Team vs barnsley | Vital Football

Team vs barnsley

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Df starts by congratulating Lewis on his first northern Ireland call and says he has been phenomenal but wouldn't have been called up on his last performance....nice.

DF said he wanted to rest Lewis over international break but will have to deal with it now.

Leitner is out for at least 4 weeks.
Stiepermann not back until after international break.

Tettey doubtful as he hasn't trained and had played a few too many games recently.

Reed is out as is unwell.

There had been a sickness bug going around.

So we are down to the bottom of barrel for central midfield.

DF says very unlikely that Zimmermann will play.

Oki is our for at least 2 weeks with a calf injury.

Wow we will have a patched up side.

Edwards will not play ad attitude isn't right.

DF jokes that we will find some players who can play. He says it will be a chance for other players to show what they can do.

He says he will not play Edwards a yeah as he wants more defensive players for tomorrow.....which players are they?

DF says that he has not made any decisions on his selection.

Raggett will travel but admits he isn't used to playing 3 at the back.

Lots of injuries then so how will DF go?

Gunn

Pinto
Hanley
Klose
Lewis

Vrancic
Watkins

Murphy
Maddison
Hernandez

Srbeny

That's all I can think off.

Shows what a mess our squad is in . Like I said on another thread ...we are going to have to buy a new midfield and strike force in the summer just to survive next season

I would go

Gunn

Pinto
Klose
Raggett
Hanley
Lewis

Vrancic
Tettey (bloody play him)
Hernandez

Maddison
Srbeny

Something like that

Subs

McGovern - husband - Wes - Murphy - Watkins - Fonkeu (As he didn't play for u23) - other

Not many options after that. Tettey has to play otherwise we will have a smaller bench unless youth players come in.

5-3-2

Agreed guys. Tettey has to play...he is paid to do it. Sounds like he is fit just tired.

Funny because DF last Friday was saying he had a large squad and finds it hard to leave players out.

But honestly it's not that large and what are chances of so many injuries.

Going to be another game where we go for a 0-1 but if we go a goal down it will be a loss.

Going to be a patched up side and could even be 6 on the bench

Jesus

Gunn

Pinto
Hanley
Zimmermann
Klose
Husband

Tettey
Vrancic

Murphy
Maddison

Watkins

Watkins lone forward and husband back in

If we lose then blame Webber/Farke for their point blank refusal to buy the proven strikers we so desparatly need

Subs

McGovern (GK), Reed, Hoolahan, Raggett, Hernandez, Lewis, Srbeny.

So reed can't play as too unwell but gets on the bench.....is that because we have no One else so has to be on the bench? Why not get a youth player on the bench, all this chat about going into the academy.

Same with lewis.

I’ve been patient this season and am 100 per cent behind DF
But I’m expecting a huge reaction tonight
Saturday was inexcusable and I don’t want to see lack of motivation till the end of the season

I agree YB - we had two issues at the end of last season - defending and scoring - you need to score to get anywhere regardless of defending as defending clean sheets successfully time after time wont get you promoted on 0-0 draws. They did virtually say we wont get anywhere this season and that's the case but the improvement has been great defending but still we have the same attitude for scoring except for Maddision - we held him back - DF gave him his chance - what others have we waiting in the wings who can score- there's been a few of them recently - have we got a Rooney in our midst - he was blooded to the Prem at 18 - do we or will we ever do that regardless of the new academy buildings?.

Daniel Farke makes five changes to the side that uncharacteristically shipped four goals at Hull. With the boss returning to three at the back, Christoph Zimmermann comes into the side after his illness. Mario Vrancic comes in for the injured Moritz Leitner, Ivo Pinto and James Husband take up the wingback positions in place of Harrison Reed and Jamal Lewis, while Josh Murphy replaces Onel Hernandez.

It looks like we will destroy their defence with 2 ( ish ) up front comprising of one player who has not even scored in league all season and the other who last scored on Boxing day.
Barnsley must be trembling in their boots !