Team v Rochdale | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team v Rochdale

Top wank just 18 minutes in. Feel for those who made the effort to go to watch this shite house.

The thing is, we've not actually been playing that badly going forward, it's just at the back we look a bundle of nerves, every time Rochdale come forward it looks like they could score.

“I want a reaction” seems to be Lovell’s “we go again” or “bad day at the office”

We have been getting all the possession and doing nothing with it, 1 shot on target to their 3.

Delivery of the ball into the box is pants for Gills. Nothing for Eves to attack

I can think of at least 2 decent balls in, one a few minutes ago that Eaves got to first but put over the bar, and one early on that seemed to be just inches too far in front of him.

Watched the first half on ifollow. We completely dominated the game, played some decent football, but have had a mare at both ends of the park, which is kind of key in a football match. Rochdale look a poor long ball team wit little talent. However, their long ball tactic has proved too much for our clueless defence - both goals coming from humps up field. Up front Eaves has had three good chances - two sitters and I don't think has made the keeper work. Reilly also shanked a sitter. Their first goal possibly involved a foul on Ehmer, I think, and second one included a handball. Eaves was also bundled over in the box on one occasion. All in, a bad first half for many reasons.

We're not out of this though. Rochdale are a poor side and slow at the back - List should rip them to shreds at the end. That's if we can cope with their long ball tactics and stay in the game!

Its going to be another of those "plucky" performances where we go 2 down drag it back to 2-1 then ultimately fail to get any points.
Have I ever said how I bloody hate that score line?

Struggling to think of the two sitters you mention for Eaves. Presumably one was the chance that came to his feet in the box and he put it over, not sure I'd have called it a sitter, but he should certainly have done better. What's the other one? The header at the back post that he put across goal and wide of the near post? Thought he did well early in the 1st half too, when he got away from his man down the left, cut into the box and then forced a save from the keeper from a tight angle.

Just watched the 1st goal back, personally I don't think Ehmer was fouled at all, looks like he just misjudged the header. 2nd goal definitely looked like handball though.

Goal disallowed for Rochdale (a 2nd, they had one disallowed first half too), to be honest I reckon we got pretty lucky, not sure there was much wrong with it.