Team v Rochdale | Vital Football

Team v Rochdale

I’m hoping that’s a 442 with O’Neil right midfield as I dont fancy either Fuller or O’Neil at centre back.

I’m hoping that’s a 442 with O’Neil right midfield as I dont fancy either Fuller or O’Neil at centre back.

The fact O'Neill is one of the first 4 names after Holy would possibly suggest he's in defence, but I guess it doesn't always work like that. Would be strange when we've got Ogilvie who's played more at CB than either of those 2. We'll find out at KO I suppose.

Agree with Nibbles, reckon its a 4-4-2 with O'Neill in front of Fuller (how we finished last week) and Reilly in front if Garmston.

Personally would've had Garmston LM and Oglivie LB.

4-4-2 should mean less leg work for our midfield and make us more rigid (Que 4-0 defeat).

Last edited:
Twitter is saying 4 -3 - 3
Parker and O'Neil out wide dropping into midfield to form 4 - 5 - 1 without the ball.

Who on Twitter? That would work in some ways but potentially leave Eaves horribly isolated again.

The club's Twitter.

"We believe #Gills will go 4-3-3 from the start with O'Neill and Parker supporting Eaves from either side. They will then drop back when defending, essentially making it 4-5-1."

The club's Twitter.

"We believe #Gills will go 4-3-3 from the start with O'Neill and Parker supporting Eaves from either side. They will then drop back when defending, essentially making it 4-5-1."

If that is the case, square pegs round holes spring to mind.

I think O’Neil has the attributes to play that position (good running at players, good right foot) if not the experience.

If the tweet is correct I suspect he’ll play more as part of a midfield five than a forward three.

Be interesting to see how get on on what should be one of the best pitches in the division.

FFS, 1 down. We've actually made the brighter start, but then a long ball from the keeper, Ehmer misjudges a header, Rochdale player ends up 1-on-1 and slots past Holy.