Team for Wednesday night | Vital Football

Team for Wednesday night

tomytony

Vital Champions League
Thought I'd be the 1st to ask the age old 'do we bother or just concentrte on promotion and play a few squad members needing minutes' question.
Personally -we have NO chance of winning the FA Cup but we do have a great chance of getting back on the, for us, survival, gravy train so it's a no brainer for me.
That's the pragmatic view and I appreciate the romantics will hanker after a cup victory but, for me, you play the percentages and the promotion %tage far outweighs the chance of an FA Cup miracle- and , let's be honest, it would have to be the miracle of all miracles.

Heckinclaht will I'm sure watch Blackburn at Leicester tomorrow and take note of players they rest for Saturday.

From our side I wouldn't play Davies. A keeper never needs resting physically so keep Wes in and on his toes.

Obviously we want to win the game and I reckon Spurs will rest a few after yesterday and in preperation for their tough trip to Wolves on Saturday.
So. I'd go as full strength as possible but FFS Heckinbombarars USE ALL 5 ALLOWED SUBS!!!!!!!!!

Well, other than the two Manchester clubs and maybe Spurs, its a rag bag assortment of lower PL sides, decent Championship sides and a couple who are just happy to be here like Fleetwood and Grimsby. The FA will want a Manchester derby I guess, but there is an opportunity to go all the way, and if its there we shouldn't hold back, imo. I know the argument about the league, but we could easily be home and hosed in five games time. If its Bristol City vs Stoke in the final, you'll kick yourself.

We need to prioritise the difficult game at Blackburn. I don't care who they rest. We need to give ourselves every advantage possible. If we were also playing on Tuesday I might think a bit differently, but we're playing on Wednesday which is a significant difference maker, especially with the Blackburn game being yet another early kick off.

Davies
Anel Egan Robinson
Basham Doyle Norwood Coulibaly Osborn
McAtee
Jebbison

and use the bench fully. I hope we compete well and lose by one goal.

Then at Blackburn aim for...

Wes
Baldock Egan Robinson
Bogle Norwood Fleck Lowe
Berge Ndiaye
McBurnie

Last edited:
Against Tottenham I would go with this.

Davies

Clarke Egan Robbo

Baldock Doyle Norwood Coulibaly Osborn

Mcatee

Jebbo

I would not risk McBurnie, Berge, Bogle or Ndiaye (to start).

The team I expect to be played

Wes

Bash Egan Robbo

Bogle Berge Norwood Fleck Lowe

Ndiaye McBurnie

We need to prioritise the difficult game at Blackburn. I don't care who they rest. We need to give ourselves every advantage possible. If we were also playing on Tuesday I might think a bit differently, but we're playing on Wednesday which is a significant difference maker, especially with the Blackburn game being yet another early kick off.

Davies
Anel Egan Robinson
Basham Doyle Norwood Coulibaly Osborn
Jebbison Sharp

and use the bench fully. I hope we compete well and lose by one goal.

Then at Blackburn aim for...

Wes
Baldock Egan Robinson
Bogle Norwood Fleck Lowe
Berge Ndiaye
McBurnie

So we play Wed and Sat whilst Blackburn play Tue and Sat.

So what.
We have an extra day from Sat to wed whilst they had an away game on Sat and another on Tue.

This is just an excuse for being vvank at Millwall.
FFS these are profesional athletes having to run around at tops 270 minutes out of 7 fucking days. On top of that there are 5 fucking subs available.

Woody and TC etc had to play 42 games on fucking mudbaths with 1 sub allowed only if someone had a broken neck and had to come off.

Sick to death of the mincing c u nt s not able to do the simple job they get obscene anounts of money for whilst public sector workers are arse raped for less a year than these c u nt s get a week.

Against Tottenham I would go with this.

Davies

Clarke Egan Robbo

Baldock Doyle Norwood Coulibaly Osborn

Mcatee

Jebbo

I would not risk McBurnie, Berge, Bogle or Ndiaye (to start).

The team I expect to be played

Wes

Bash Egan Robbo

Bogle Berge Norwood Fleck Lowe

Ndiaye McBurnie
I'm sure i heard Hecky say Clark's been one of the players that's been poorly in his pre game interview so i wouldn't expect him to play v Spurs,unless of course Hecky's not speaking the truth.UTB

Looks like being who ever is fit on wed illness has ripped through the camp

How the fuck do we manage to screw up on every level. Not heard a thing about any other team in the fucking world decimated by some fuck knows what "illness"
If a player has the shits he phones up and says I'm staying in bed, dosen't go down and infect the rest. Only fucking united.

Get them out there playing! I'm not making a 300 mile round trip for nothing.
Being totally selfish - isn't there an obligation to entertain the fans....the FA Cup does actually mean something.

Get them out there playing! I'm not making a 300 mile round trip for nothing.
Being totally selfish - isn't there an obligation to entertain the fans....the FA Cup does actually mean something.
Obligation to entertain the fans?:giggle: Have you not read on here we have a terrible manager Germaine?:giggle: Makes you wonder what some would want to do with Hecky if we were not 2nd in the league and 7 points clear with a game in hand. Did you see the Spurs v Chelsea game? I didn't think it was a good game but i'm sure Spurs will be delighted by the win. UTB

I'm sure i heard Hecky say Clark's been one of the players that's been poorly in his pre game interview so i wouldn't expect him to play v Spurs,unless of course Hecky's not speaking the truth.UTB
I had not seen that. As has already been said these are professional athletes I just think that Hecky needs to use the squad more. This is one of the best squads we have had for some time.
Players like Coulibaly, McAtee, Baldock and Jebbo are more than capable and should play a large part on Wednesday.
Unless they all have ebola virus or man flu :ROFLMAO:

Am I missing something in all the team forecasts? I thought Egan was banned due to his 2 consecutive bookings v Wrexham??

Obligation to entertain the fans?:giggle: Have you not read on here we have a terrible manager Germaine?:giggle: Makes you wonder what some would want to do with Hecky if we were not 2nd in the league and 7 points clear with a game in hand. Did you see the Spurs v Chelsea game? I didn't think it was a good game but i'm sure Spurs will be delighted by the win. UTB

I think they're stunned that Skipp (who was they're equivalent of Osborne in terms of popularity) was capable of such a great goal.

They've got to be confident - but like us, their glass is always half full.

All an all its an interesting match-up which I'm looking forward to - but expecting nothing.

I think they're stunned that Skipp (who was they're equivalent of Osborne in terms of popularity) was capable of such a great goal.

All an all its an interesting match-up which I'm looking forward to - but expecting nothing.
Expecting nothing is THE BLADES way Germaine otherwise it would drive us all nuts.:yes: I think Spurs will probably just have too much for us but i do think we can cause them a few problems,i'm looking forward to being there at BDBL and hopefully enjoying a good game with a good atmosphere. UTB

Just to correct mines half empty like the majority