🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Apparently the club has provided Ndombele with his own personal dietician, chef and personal trainer.

We have done the same for numerous players and it's actually quite common, RM have done exactly the same for Hazard after he put on over a stone during the summer - lots of players sadly put lots on and then think they can work it off in pre-season and early season, in fact many players say they do it deliberately so that they don't peak too soon.

Can't say I agree with it, but it happens at lots of clubs. Manure did it for Fred in his first season with them and Liverpool did the same for two big named purchases...

So it's not a problem exclusive to us.

I understood he was being ‘looked after’ by Sissoko , . Does he have a wife and family with him or is he not married and living alone ?
We definitely have a footballer there , we just need someone to find it .

Proper intensive pre-season and some help and we will soon have the staggering player you can see in the video's that had every club in Europe trying to get their hands on him.

I can only assume you've never worked abroad and had to settle in?

HR dept can only help you look at area's, homes, sorting out local advisors etc etc - most overseas players won't rush to purchase for at least 6-12 months. Learning to get around and deal with anything in a foreign language isn't a breeze as I know some fans think it is - it just isn't like that - that 'unsettled' feeling can carry on for a year or more.

Is renting a pad not an option ?

Is renting a pad not an option ?

You settle the way you can/want to, you have to find your own path to it.

I've lived in many places in the World, most were alien to our culture and language; it's simple things i.e. food, travel, utilities, local customs, shopping, doctors, dentist, bank, etc etc that give you that unsettled feeling most days - of course you get local help, but eventually you just have to do it for yourself, some do it easily (and I generally did) and some just can't settle for ages - couldn't explain it you better than that, it just is what it is.

He did to some extent, but i lost count where he had to be pulled off or couldn't finish the game - but yes, he did incredibly well given how long he carried his issues for.

I still recall watching a closed training session and he was aside from the squad and doing almost nothing except light jogging with the physio (and was told this is usually the best they can do with him - he looked utterly crocked hardly able to move!) and then watching him play come the weekend - he was incredible, so yes you're right. he did it too.

Jesus H Christ. If that was the physios best idea on helping him the medical team was clearly run by idiots.

Jesus H Christ. If that was the physios best idea on helping him the medical team was clearly run by idiots.

I reported on it at the time, I'll try and dig it out - but seriously they said it was (as well as all the physio stuff) they could do with him; with Ledley all they could do was to get him walking across a pool and some bike work, in the end they wouldn't even let him jog! And then he'd go out and play, incredible really.

I can only assume you've never worked abroad and had to settle in?

HR dept can only help you look at area's, homes, sorting out local advisors etc etc - most overseas players won't rush to purchase for at least 6-12 months. Learning to get around and deal with anything in a foreign language isn't a breeze as I know some fans think it is - it just isn't like that - that 'unsettled' feeling can carry on for a year or more.

I have worked and lived abroad.
The company had a few property's they owned/had on long leases that they put overseas staff in if they were relocating. Its much more settling than a hotel room each night. You can have friends/family over to stay.
Maybe we should be doing the same.

Proper intensive pre-season and some help and we will soon have the staggering player you can see in the video's that had every club in Europe trying to get their hands on him.
Ex, edited Youtube highlight videos can make anyone look staggering. Even our other two N' flops from France looked good on Youtube. I'm sorry, but if the player showed half the passion on the pitch as you show defending and excusing him, this thread would have completely different tone and content.

Ex, edited Youtube highlight videos can make anyone look staggering. Even our other two N' flops from France looked good on Youtube. I'm sorry, but if the player showed half the passion on the pitch as you show defending and excusing him, this thread would have completely different tone and content.

maybe, I just have seen it all before, at the end of the day he either won't or will show his qualities, if he does, I was right again, and if he doesn't I'll accept all the abuse it warrants, but as of now, I have the insight to what he's had to deal with, so won't write him off.

maybe, I just have seen it all before, at the end of the day he either won't or will show his qualities, if he does, I was right again, and if he doesn't I'll accept all the abuse it warrants, but as of now, I have the insight to what he's had to deal with, so won't write him off.
It's better that you are right about the lad, as we badly need the player you think he is. You won't get any abuse from me if it doesn't work out. I'm not really into "I told you so's" especially as I've been wrong plenty of times myself.

For example, I was wrong twice about Dembele. First I stuck by him, defended him to the hilt while many wrote and slagged him off. I was wrong, because he hadn't kicked on like I said he would. Finally I gave up, told everyone I was done sticking up for the useless so and so only for him to discover that vein of form we all remember him most fondly for. Wrong again!

It's better that you are right about the lad, as we badly need the player you think he is. You won't get any abuse from me if it doesn't work out. I'm not really into "I told you so's" especially as I've been wrong plenty of times myself.

For example, I was wrong twice about Dembele. First I stuck by him, defended him to the hilt while many wrote and slagged him off. I was wrong, because he hadn't kicked on like I said he would. Finally I gave up, told everyone I was done sticking up for the useless so and so only for him to discover that vein of form we all remember him most fondly for. Wrong again!
Don’t beat yourself up...it’s just being a regular football supporter....👍👍

Don’t beat yourself up...it’s just being a regular football supporter....👍👍

My problem was I was judging Dembele for the wrong things like goals and assists. That's not what he did. Measuring his contribution was more complicated.
Having said that there are plenty of ex pros who couldn't understand him either. Sherwood and Les Ferdinand both said he should be playing for Real Madrid , he is so talented.