Taking the Knee | Page 9 | Vital Football

Taking the Knee

I must say Jerry , I was surprised at you liking anything from Sargon !

i support any telling of the truth inconvenient or not as do many others on this board. My criticism of Sargon Is that he is childish in the way he thinks he can talk to or abuse people. Remember his stupid rape statement - made him look thick and prejudiced whereas he is normally level headed on many issues.

i support any telling of the truth inconvenient or not as do many others on this board. My criticism of Sargon Is that he is childish in the way he thinks he can talk to or abuse people. Remember his stupid rape statement - made him look thick and prejudiced whereas he is normally level headed on many issues.
Agreed mate , there was no need to abuse Jess Phillip's like that. He is otherwise a great speaker, dissecting woke ideolgy with facts.

I'm going to boo, I can do what I want.

I will be at home

not loud or your neighbours may report you ala east germany or maybe there is a viewing screen as in 1984 in your house.
also do not make any remarks that can be recorded and held against you later if the political or legal climate changes lol.

not loud or your neighbours may report you ala east germany or maybe there is a viewing screen as in 1984 in your house.
also do not make any remarks that can be recorded and held against you later if the political or legal climate changes lol.
I should have clarified, I will be booing Croatia's players for not kneeling

Just noticed going to be all over big screens when England take the knee,Please don’t Boo our players,this is getting ridiculous now,maybe wrong but guessing only going to make matters worse,

I personally would never boo and am fully on the antiracism side of this - but exactly which law would be used to stop the booers.
Would one decide which of those is simply racist or those that may believe it is now divisive or just a token gesture weakening the actions that need to be taken. Many if the second type may be long term antiracists etc.

Will the booers be banned or their livelihoods taken away as with the cricketer who made silly remarks when under age. McCarthyism, witch hunts and stalin show trials come to mind.

The problem is that both sides cannot now be seen to back down and gesture politics rarely bring meaningful change.

Reminds me of the stupid Brexit arguments and name calling.

Comment was obviously tongue in cheek and ironic, especially as it was from LSB.

ST, chill out sometimes. Even I can take a joke and take the piss out of my own Meusli munching Guardian reader attitudes. Or was that a whoosh?

Fair point, but I’m still bitter about the McCammon thing (and I’m not Scally’s biggest fan but equally no hater). The club was rightly done for, in layman’s non-legal terms, not taking his claims of racism seriously and for unfair dismissal. The Tribunal made clear that his claims of race discrimination (ie the original claims) were unfounded. Because of McCammon and that tribunal lots of people at the time (thanks largely to press misreporting or spin) came to the conclusion that our club was racist and it’s a tag that hasn’t lessened over the years. Maybe I should chill out and Scally is guilty of many things, but people believing our club is racist is not funny. I’ll take a chill pill now.

Let's hope England see sense and follow suit.

I don’t know if anyone watched the cricket today but at the start both sides stood and embraced and had a moment of unity with anti-racism, homophobia, ageism, disability T-shirts and banners. A huge cheers and massive applause from the crowd. I have no doubt that if our players did that on Sunday and made a point of announcing it before, they’d get a similar huge cheer and rapturous applause from the crowd for celebrating anti-discrimination (and all sorts of discrimination not just the obsessive one area of discrimination).

Fair point, but I’m still bitter about the McCammon thing (and I’m not Scally’s biggest fan but equally no hater). The club was rightly done for, in layman’s non-legal terms, not taking his claims of racism seriously and for unfair dismissal. The Tribunal made clear that his claims of race discrimination (ie the original claims) were unfounded. Because of McCammon and that tribunal lots of people at the time (thanks largely to press misreporting or spin) came to the conclusion that our club was racist and it’s a tag that hasn’t lessened over the years. Maybe I should chill out and Scally is guilty of many things, but people believing our club is racist is not funny. I’ll take a chill pill now.
Agree with you about McCammon. Just teasing and saying chill out and have a laugh sometimes.