Takeover to go ahead regardless | Page 5 | Vital Football

Takeover to go ahead regardless

da fuq - 9/5/2017 07:27

Pope John XXIII - 9/5/2017 07:15

da fuq - 9/5/2017 07:03

Jimmy Gordon - 9/5/2017 06:23

BlackGold - 8/5/2017 22:19

Hmm?

Evangelos Marinakis: "My love is Olympiacos. I will buy #NFFC but that doesn't mean anything. Olympiacos will get stronger with this deal".

He has to say that

Also refreshingly honest

It's his home town club

Lots of clubs are filled with people who have had no affinity with the club before and have become successful

Ever the apologist.

You've just done this for five years and been categorically wrong. Don't you ever learn?

And Jimmy, he doesn't have to say that. Let's face It- do you believe he doesn't really mean It?

I'm.not sure how many words I'll ever believe of Marinakis but these ones I think are 100% true and it's not good news for us.

Yes, we might still be successful. But making us successful in order to profit another club is going to be a lot hardee for us than if someone wanted us to be successful for our own sake.

What if Marinakis could help Olympicos without actually benefiting us? What if that was cheaper for him?

How would you all feel about Brereton being loaned/transfered to Olympiad is to get champions league experience?

Yes and you wanted ND out..you even went to the protests in the car park so don't start trying to take the high ground fella

Also owd hardee

I didn't go to any protests and wasn't even a member of this forum then.

Not that it's even relevant- Doughty was a very poor and certainly unsuccessful owner IMO

I genuinely don't care if EM hates Nottingham Forest provided he puts in place the nessesary structures and means of securing the required funding to first stabilize the club, and then take it forward, whilst ending the constant merry-go-round of managers and backroom staff.

Last think we need is another hands on owner, employ professional football people and let them get on with it.

We have just had a decade of being owned by 'life long' fans......look where that has got us.

Sniffer Dog - 9/5/2017 07:51

Jimmy Gordon - 9/5/2017 07:42

I'm not going to call him "refreshingly honest" quite yet as he might say one thing to Olympiakos fans and another thing to us!

I do hope he is refreshingly honest to us Forest fans though when he does speak to us

We certainly don't need any more BS

He won't be taking us over to fail

Your last line above Jimmy is a great point.
I was chatting with a few people whilst down at Olympiakos Stadium the other day.
They were adamant that Marinakis is not in this for the money, but he's in it for the 'glory',

Yes, opposite of the Americans, and much the same as Fawaz, let's hope he don't come out with "aiming for Champions League".

Also, like you say Sniffer, he has tendency not to put up with losers namely managers, and seeing has he apparently sacked one at Olympiacos for only being 7 points clear at top of the table, I suspect if Forest are not top six by Christmas MW will be gone.

Long John - 9/5/2017 07:40

It's fake news! I saw this on twitter. Ask yourself why would they hashtag nffc. So every fan could read it?

It's not fake news, whilst it was posted on twitter, the words used were taken from a Greek publication.
In fact, if you listen to the RN show Match Talk from yesterday 6pm, Sniffer's mate is featured and does, basically, say the same thing.

the Greek fella will:

Say how delighted he is to be involved with a massive club like Nottingham Forest

Say his intentions are to take Forest back to the Premier League where they belong

Say the fans of this great club are magnificent

Say there is a lot of work to do but he will but the people in place to achieve success

Say he is 100% behind the DOF, the manager and their staff.

He will not say anything we have not heard before. The proof of the Pantespani will be in the eating.

Jimmy Gordon - 9/5/2017 08:03

Now I've woken up properly and thought about it I do hope it is fake news as I don't want a new owner getting involved in talking to fans via social media full stop

Whatever he's saying

Just fund the club and put experts in place

Don't try and justify everything you do with tweets

I would be surprised if he would be someone who worries about what fans are saying or thinking about him tbh

Do you think that tweet was by Marinakis himself? It wasn't and he isn't on twitter at all, at least in a public way. it's a translation of an interview given in Greece.

His tame journalist seems to think it's not implying using Forest as a feeder club.

It's worth pointing out that shared ownership hasn't harmed any of Watford, Udinese and Granada. They are just able to share certain resources and expertise.

ThePromisedLand - 9/5/2017 08:21

He's been talking to fans on Twitter for months - via Antonis Oikonomidis...

Which is fine but once the takeover goes through, he needs to speak directly and through the Nottingham and UK media.

Last time shared resources and expertise we ended up with Kasami, No Way Pedro and inspecter clueseau Monty.

After saying that, I am very hopeful and excited that this Greek has the experience, the business know how and will do his very best to make this venture a success. I mean why go through all this bother TWICE to get us? He will get off the pitch sorted with his businessman friend, a develop a winning culture from top to bottom. He wouldn't just go into this looking for a feeder club, in fact if we end up premier league it could end up the other way round, just no more Kasamis

One thing, he does go though his managers. He sacked latest guy after winning league with around 7 points.

It was all said at the Olympiakos title winning celebrations on Sunday evening.
Like someone else already said though, what is he supposed to say in front of 1000's of Olympiakos Gate 7 nutters?

Sniffer Dog - 9/5/2017 08:37

Like someone else already said though, what is he supposed to say in front of 1000's of Olympiakos Gate 7 nutters?

Cos those nutters will still be there and have long memories of him saying that - it could come back and bite him. Like I said, incredibly naïve, but understandable why he said he with those nutters lol!

Its a money deal, where else in the world of football can you buy a club get 1 promotion and be sat on a 400% uplift in value

Once there the increased turnover on top of the widened scouting network and the synergies that can be applied between the two clubs is obvious

The fact EM is anglicised both financially and culturally it would be a natural progression to want to expand into the UK the fact that the riches are compelling, his mate from school is selling a club and the name of the club would be a stand out for someone of his age and thats all the fuel on the fire you need

I am sure he can adapt to horses for courses and understands the difference in what Olympiacos need which is total league domination and a run in the CL which can be achieved by swapping and changing managers at will versus him witnessing first hand the mistakes made by Fawaz

His biggest challenge of course is this league is cooked now, at the minimum the 3 relegated clubs Reading Sheff Wed Fulham Reading Leeds Norwich Sheep Villa Wolves QPR and Birmingham all have the finances to support getting it right on the pitch

Even as a competent owner the odds are stacked against him and I hope that there is an appreciation for that, its most likely it will take a couple of 3 years to do anything and I still think this pre season must be about keeping the assets we have.

Now its all over you can look back and see the experience we put in the tanks of Cash Worrell Smith Brereton add Clough and Britt to that and there is the core for future success, seasoned pros should be built around getting the most out of that list of players

Good luck to EM he is going to need it

Sniffer Dog - 9/5/2017 08:37

Nothing?

Widdow - 9/5/2017 08:30

Last time shared resources and expertise we ended up with Kasami, No Way Pedro and inspecter clueseau Monty.

Hopefully that was the result of a half-arsed compromise between EM and FaH as the takeover hadn't gone through. Certainly FaH would have had to agree any expenditure and it all happened too late.

I believe this bloke fancies having a go, don't think anybody could wish for much more at this stage to be honest. The detail may not in some ways be perfect but lets just see how it pans out.

factchecker - 9/5/2017 08:29

ThePromisedLand - 9/5/2017 08:21

He's been talking to fans on Twitter for months - via Antonis Oikonomidis...

Which is fine but once the takeover goes through, he needs to speak directly and through the Nottingham and UK media.

Will be interesting how the national media will take to EM, whilst I can envisage Tails and NP portraying him in a favourable light i'm not so sure about the nationals, namely the Sun who EM once tried to sue for £300,000 claiming they wrote defamatory remarks before CL match with Arsenal that caused his reputation to be “seriously damaged”

The media are always out to get us though supposedly so that won't make any difference.

Not so sure, if English refs keep reading reports about burnt down bakeries and bribery they may well take a subconcious biased view against a EM owned team in England with a few penalty decisions may well go against the side.