Takeover to go ahead regardless | Vital Football

Takeover to go ahead regardless

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Says John Percy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/06/evangelos-marinakis-complete-nottingham-forest-takeover-regardless/

Some good news at least

I have massive scepticism about Marinakis and he starts on at least -30 points for me. But at this point he has to be better than Fawaz who is now openly hostile to our club and fans.

In other news, Warburton is talking more shit by criticising previous managers for doing exactly what he has done

Best Forest news for ages

Would have preferred the yanks but we need a new owner and they don't grow on trees

Agree with that Jimmy. New era, best for everyone. Director of football been in place for a while and a decent manager as well. Should be an interesting close season.

Pope - I don't read that as Warburton criticising previous managers. I read it as critical of the number of previous managers: the turnover.

If you've got a manager change every nine months (which often means different coaching, communication and style of play), often without a preseason, then that impacts the performance of the players. That's his point. And he's right. That's the primary reason we're in this mess.

Still I see people are already getting the knives out for Warburton - after eleven games in charge, mixed results but some incredibly encouraging performances too - so perhaps constant instability is the way they like to butter their bread.

trickygaribaldicat - 7/5/2017 08:29

Pope - I don't read that as Warburton criticising previous managers. I read it as critical of the number of previous managers: the turnover.

If you've got a manager change every nine months (which often means different coaching, communication and style of play), often without a preseason, then that impacts the performance of the players. That's his point. And he's right. That's the primary reason we're in this mess.

Still I see people are already getting the knives out for Warburton - after eleven games in charge, mixed results but some incredibly encouraging performances too - so perhaps constant instability is the way they like to butter their bread.

Not people, just me. Never wanted him and his performance as manager has been appalling- and today is the culmination of that.

Not fair Pope. He has taken over a shower of shite from previous people. He is trying to impose a playing style that will not only provide a bit more pleasure for the fans but improve players for the inevitable sales. Not his fault that he is not a fire fighting manager, that was a decision made by his employers. We just need to get through today hoping for the best and then look to the future.

jbacsta - 7/5/2017 08:52

Not fair Pope. He has taken over a shower of shite from previous people. He is trying to impose a playing style that will not only provide a bit more pleasure for the fans but improve players for the inevitable sales. Not his fault that he is not a fire fighting manager, that was a decision made by his employers. We just need to get through today hoping for the best and then look to the future.

He's tried to impose a style of play that the players aren't able to adapt to without a pre-season in the middle of a relegation battle where we desperately need to grind out results.

The result has been today.

You say he inherited a shower of shit, but he has created a new one all of his own. His points per game average is the worst of our three managers this season and he has scored fewer points over his 8 games than Mowbray and Clough in the same 8 games.

We've had 16 halves of football and he has got them performing well in about 6 of them.

If this isn't his type of job, then a simple 'no thank you' would have sufficed

Spot on, Pope is just on the blob and has been since DF was sacked. How he misses those heady days of 11 behind the ball, stifling the opposition and refusing to play any football of our own.

Managers have their way of playing by and large

And they have to back themselves and believe in their way of playing

It's true the style of play may not suit these players but let's be honest these players have lost matches all season in lots of different ways and styles!

We've also seen that sometimes the warburton approach has worked very well

Let's hope today is one of the days it works

Let's also hope Brentford have a good day as well

Maybe with a new owner and better recruitment decisions ongoing then warburton can get the players he needs long term to be a success

It's absolutely vital we stay up today though as relegation could set us back 2 or 3 seasons from where we are even now

If we do stay up I don't want to hear a word of smugness via Twitter from Fawaz as it will be entirely despite him that we managed to survive

We should never be in this pressure cooker situation to start with

Calvin Plummer - 7/5/2017 09:27

Spot on, Pope is just on the blob and has been since DF was sacked. How he misses those heady days of 11 behind the ball, stifling the opposition and refusing to play any football of our own.

By all means, suggest a measure by which Warburton has been a success. It isn't on points!

I do hold out some optimism that going forward Warburton could be decent. But, in the short term view of survival this season I have to agree with Pope. Warburton has left a lot to be desired, and hasn't gone about getting Forest out of this mess in the most effective way. Let's hope we get away with it today, and build from there.

Onwards and upwards, as long as we don't go downwards first!

Blaming warburton for the situation we are in is laughable. The players failure to perform has been has been a constant throughout this season and those before. Apart from a few games under Pearce where teams couldn't live with britt and Antonio we have been ponderous and predictable.

As many on here have pointed out this day has been coming under fawaz and a succession of different managers with different approaches have failed to halt the slide. Let's hope we get some stability and leadership now and fingers crossed its in the championship and not league 1

The thing is whatever style we adopt ,with the current squad,we still have not got a defence capable of coping with high balls in the box. We need to get through today and sort out a reliable, likely to be fit, strong defence ,before next season starts ,as well as improving other areas of the pitch. The manager can only do his best with the resources he has been given.

apocalypse - 7/5/2017 10:20

Blaming warburton for the situation we are in is laughable. The players failure to perform has been has been a constant throughout this season and those before. Apart from a few games under Pearce where teams couldn't live with britt and Antonio we have been ponderous and predictable.

As many on here have pointed out this day has been coming under fawaz and a succession of different managers with different approaches have failed to halt the slide. Let's hope we get some stability and leadership now and fingers crossed its in the championship and not league 1

Our squad is better than Blackburn, Burton and Bristol's.

Yes it's been coming but this squad is more than good enough to not go down.

They have underperformed all season and not only has Warburton failed to change that he has made it worse in terms of results.

Gary Megson inherited a poor side that was 6 points from safety. He lost his two best players early on and ended up finishing 6 points from safety.

Warburton inherited a much better squad with three-fiur competent goalscorers. He has lost no one and has been far luckier with injuries than any other manager of the last few years.

He inherited a position two points clear of the relegation zone and we are now two points worse off in relation to that

If it's more than good enough why have we been slipping down the table consistently under fawaz tenure irrespective of who the manager is. You dont like warburton fair enough and yes results haven't been great under him but that not unique to him. We were sliding well before he joined and he's not been able to add one player of his own choosing yet.

If the players are good enough why are we where we are? Maybe they aren't good enough or maybe the constant changes are actually unsettling the players.

Pope John XXIII - 7/5/2017 09:04

He's tried to impose a style of play that the players aren't able to adapt to without a pre-season in the middle of a relegation battle where we desperately need to grind out results.

You say he inherited a shower of shit, but he has created a new one all of his own. His points per game average is the worst of our three managers this season and he has scored fewer points over his 8 games than Mowbray and Clough in the same 8 games.

We've had 16 halves of football and he has got them performing well in about 6 of them.

He can't win with you though Pope! Like me, you criticised PM for rotation and call for the manager to pick his best 11. MW does this and brings some much needed stability and yet you criticise him for that as well? You might not agree with his 11, but he is clearly settled on them.
Under BC you always knew the team, within one player on average. I think that's a good thing personally.
Results haven't always been there, but performance wise it's been the best all season, easily. Which I find encouraging.
Who would you rather we had brought in with a track record of relegation survival?

Hardy Forest - 7/5/2017 11:14

Pope John XXIII - 7/5/2017 09:04

He can't win with you though Pope! Like me, you criticised PM for rotation and call for the manager to pick his best 11. MW does this and brings some much needed stability and yet you criticise him for that as well? You might not agree with his 11, but he is clearly settled on them.
Under BC you always knew the team, within one player on average. I think that's a good thing personally.
Results haven't always been there, but performance wise it's been the best all season, easily. Which I find encouraging.
Who would you rather we had brought in with a track record of relegation survival?

Hardy, he can win with me because He's now done his job.

I haven't changed my mind yet but that's me shut up about Warburton until He's had a summer and shown what he can build.

All I wanted was to stay in the Championship. Mission accomplished. Don't care that it was too close; it's done