Takeover Bingo vol 888 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Takeover Bingo vol 888

“If you’re a burglar, it’s no good waiting about outside somebody’s house, looking good with your swag bag ready. Just get in there, burgle them and come out. I don’t advocate that obviously, it’s just an analogy.”

— Ian Holloway

Fritz24 - 16/5/2017 04:55

Marinakis is meeting the Football League again on Friday to finalise the transfer of ownership, according to a snippet on a Greek website.

The Greek fella has had so many meetings with the FL he has his own mug

I see Reading didn't have a problem getting takeover rubber stamped by EFL.

http://talksport.com/football/reading-fc-news-dai-yongge-and-dai-xiu-li-takeover-granted-efl-approval-170517239563#

Not take the many months the Greeks seem to be taking

We get another coming soon message

BBC Nottingham Sport understands that the planned meeting between prospective Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis and the Football League has now taken place, and that his takeover of the club is heading towards a conclusion.

Latest from Greece

T?µa ????? ?µe???, a? ??? ????, e??a? p?a ? ep?s?µ? a?a?????s? t?? e?a????? t?? ??t???aµ ap? t? ?a????? ?a??????. ?p?? µet?d?se t? BBC t? ?a?teß?? t?? ?????a ef?p??st? µe t?? ??es?a t?? Football League p??e a??et? ?a??, µe ap?t??esµa ?a a???e? t? p??s??? f?? ??a t?? ????????s? t?? µetaß?ßas?? t?? p?e????f???? pa??t?? µet???? t?? ??t???aµ st?? ?d???t?t? t?? ???µp?a???.

Sniffer can u translate mate?

Widdow - 17/5/2017 15:46

http://talksport.com/football/reading-fc-news-dai-yongge-and-dai-xiu-li-takeover-granted-efl-approval-170517239563#

The Chinese buyers that bought Reading met the football league in early December Reading is not a good example to use at all because if they are anything to go by we have a while to wait yet

Also worth pointing out they failed their first fit and proper persons when trying to buy Hull but have now passed with Reading, I guess they had to drop a couple of names from the consortium

Widdow - 17/5/2017 16:49

Latest from Greece

T?µa ????? ?µe???, a? ??? ????, e??a? p?a ? ep?s?µ? a?a?????s? t?? e?a????? t?? ??t???aµ ap? t? ?a????? ?a??????. ?p?? µet?d?se t? BBC t? ?a?teß?? t?? ?????a ef?p??st? µe t?? ??es?a t?? Football League p??e a??et? ?a??, µe ap?t??esµa ?a a???e? t? p??s??? f?? ??a t?? ????????s? t?? µetaß?ßas?? t?? p?e????f???? pa??t?? µet???? t?? ??t???aµ st?? ?d???t?t? t?? ???µp?a???.

:19:

Mark2310 - 17/5/2017 17:10

The Chinese buyers that bought Reading met the football league in early December Reading is not a good example to use at all because if they are anything to go by we have a while to wait yet

Also worth pointing out they failed their first fit and proper persons when trying to buy Hull but have now passed with Reading, I guess they had to drop a couple of names from the consortium

Yeah not a good example as they've been well run while their takeover has been going on.

Appointing a manger like Jaap Stam last summer, splashing the and brought in lots of players for fees (around £9m) and frees and of course now in the play off final.

Although not sure how as thought they were dreadful when we played them!!

And we were told the Greeks had met EFL this time last year and some at the time on here had us believe he passed then.

So not bad for Reading to turn it around in 5 months while we are 18 months plus in to takeover talk

Sniffer Dog - 17/5/2017 17:17

Widdow - 17/5/2017 16:49

Latest from Greece

:19:

To be fair something is on the SDNA website if you could check that,although imagine just a rehash of the BBC report I posted

Yeah it is nothing new

Antonis Oikonomidis @antoikonomidis
Its a reproduction of what @BBCRNS tweeted an hour ago

Widdow - 17/5/2017 17:20

Yeah not a good example as they've been well run while their takeover has been going on.

Appointing a manger like Jaap Stam last summer, splashing the and brought in lots of players for fees (around £9m) and frees and of course now in the play off final.

And we were told the Greeks had met EFL this time last year and some at the time on here had us believe he passed then.

So not bad for Reading to turn it around in 5 months while we are 18 months plus in to takeover talk

Are you sure he met the FL last year?

It was reported that the FL would not even contemplate assessing him for Fit and Proper while charges were pending; that was last August not May.

Then the Americans were involved until January of this year.

mao tse tung - 17/5/2017 17:39

Widdow - 17/5/2017 17:20

Are you sure he met the FL last year?

It was reported that the FL would not even contemplate assessing him for Fit and Proper while charges were pending; that was last August not May.

Then the Americans were involved until January of this year.

No I'm not sure but the ITKs told us last year he had and all was good and just waiting for green light. Let's not forget he had Fawaz dangling on a string appointing shitty manager and even shitter DOF along with crap signings

Daniel Taylor @DTguardian playing takeover bingo.

Takeover announcement at #NFFC should just be days away now, possibly before end of week. EFL seems happy. Marinakis & Co already here

Someone asked

Are you impressed with their plans/ideas Dan?

Daniel Taylor @DTguardian replied
I haven't met them yet but everyone who has says it's a massive upgrade. Ambitious/serious people. It's going to be a lot better, I'm sure.

Widdow - 17/5/2017 21:05

Takeover announcement at #NFFC should just be days away now, possibly before end of week. EFL seems happy. Marinakis & Co already here

Someone asked

I haven't met them yet but everyone who has says it's a massive upgrade. Ambitious/serious people. It's going to be a lot better, I'm sure.

Let's be honest a Tesco value strawberry trifle in charge would be a massive upgrade on fookwaz.
He's not exactly set the bar high has he the useless tw@t ?
Come to think of it I think the trifle would be a lot better with it's hundreds and thousands.

orbitalforest - 17/5/2017 23:06

Someone asked

Let's be honest a Tesco value strawberry trifle in charge would be a massive upgrade on fookwaz.
Come to think of it I think the trifle would be a lot better with it's hundreds and thousands.

Olympiacos stadium stands out like a monument compared to the rest of Piraeus. This guy knows how to run a football club.
Fawaz couldn't run a tesco club card.

Fritz24 - 16/5/2017 10:06

Widdow - 16/5/2017 09:46

Hasn't a new company been formed on companies house?

That's usually a good sign. I say usually as it wasn't in the case of the Yanks.

If it has, it doesn't include 'Nottingham Forest' or 'NFFC' in its name.

Nor are there any records (bar an old, lapsed one) for either Marinakis or Kominakis there.

The Greeks are believed to have registered an English company at Companies House to make the deal transparent.

Can anyone confirm?

Paul Taylor @nottmtails having a few goes at takeover bingo

Expect official confirmation of #nffc takeover within next 48 hours. Strong possibility it will come today.

Bonzai Tree - 18/5/2017 00:50

orbitalforest - 17/5/2017 23:06

Someone asked

Olympiacos stadium stands out like a monument compared to the rest of Piraeus. This guy knows how to run a football club.
Fawaz couldn't run a tesco club card.

Don't get their footy ground be confused with the basketball stadium across the road. They have a big stadium tho

Widdow - 18/5/2017 07:41

Fritz24 - 16/5/2017 10:06

Widdow - 16/5/2017 09:46

Hasn't a new company been formed on companies house?

That's usually a good sign. I say usually as it wasn't in the case of the Yanks.

If it has, it doesn't include 'Nottingham Forest' or 'NFFC' in its name.

Nor are there any records (bar an old, lapsed one) for either Marinakis or Kominakis there.

The Greeks are believed to have registered an English company at Companies House to make the deal transparent.

Can anyone confirm?

Still nothing with either of the two major players' names on it. Nor anything new pertaining to Nottingham Forest or NFFC.