Swansea v Villa, Weds 26th December, 3pm - Match Thread | Vital Football

Swansea v Villa, Weds 26th December, 3pm - Match Thread

Swansea seem to have come into some form since we beat them in smiths 1st game. Still I think we'll beat them to kick off another unbeaten run.

Play a left back at left back and a centre half at centre half.

Do not play Hourihane and Whelan together.

Agree especially about the midfield , but Smith was left with one left back (injured) and 2 centre halves , one of who is now injured for ages.

Agree especially about the midfield , but Smith was left with one left back (injured) and 2 centre halves , one of who is now injured for ages.

That`s my problem though mate - if we do not have an under 23 player who can defend better than Elmohady or Hutton ( at left back ) or another centre half then what`s the point of it ?

They had young lads playing, why are we so scared of doing it ?

That`s my problem though mate - if we do not have an under 23 player who can defend better than Elmohady or Hutton ( at left back ) or another centre half then what`s the point of it ?

They had young lads playing, why are we so scared of doing it ?

Yes , it's a valid point. Mitch Clark was sent out on loan though , and he seems our next left back.

Some of Bruce's decisions in the latter months of his reign made no sense.

Where’s Jedinak? Injured? Thinking centre half until our new signing comes in ?. When will Taylor be fit again? O’Hare surely a possibility in Jack’s role with Bjarnason in for Whelan. Kodiga or El Ghazi? Or Albert? Could Whelan play centre half? I’m confident Deano will get it right and do the best out of the mess he inherited.

I've just seen it's on the Sky red button, so at least I can watch it instead of having to talk to the in-laws :lol:

Yep, I was informed of this being on the red button yesterday. I will be watching and it's just the time the mother in law comes round for the afternoon. It's so going to wind her up me sat there watching it while present opening is going on . Can't wait.
:toot: :wahey::party:

Yep, I was informed of this being on the red button yesterday. I will be watching and it's just the time the mother in law comes round for the afternoon. It's so going to wind her up me sat there watching it while present opening is going on . Can't wait.
:toot::wahey::party:

You can't beat a bit of Mother in Law winding up at any time.

I understand Elmo has been dodgy last couple of games but I dont think it matters who is playing full back with the non-existent protection in front of them. Hopefully Uncle Albert is ready to start as think we miss his tracking back. Probably the sort of game where you can risk throwing O'Hare in as well. Swansea are a footballing side who aren't likely to try and kick lumps out of him

4 - 1 - 4 - 1
Nyland
Elmo
Bree
Chester
Hutton
Hourihane
Barny
Albert
OHare
Bolaise
Abraham

Elmo,s defending Sunday was criminal but we have very few options at the moment. Roll on the transfer window. Buy a CB and move Bree to RB.

Albert in for better defensive discipline. Ideal match for trying OHare.

Well I'm going.....and now we always win when I travel so it's bound to be 3 points for the boys in claret n blue! Away form is excellent. Last three away....Derby stuffed, Middlesbrough stuffed and Albion...should have been stuffed. 23 game season starts on Weds.......next seven fixtures all very winnable....Swansea, Preston, QPR, Wigan, Hull, Ipswich and Reading........let's hope we can put yesterday behind us and start gaining a bit of momentum!