Swansea match thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Swansea match thread

It's just awful, I don't even know how were trying to play, no personality on the pitch, I laughed at those saying this is a relegation battle but I'm now starting to worry.

Figs is an utter liability, christie also wank, we can't form a midfield out of the players we have and as hard as taylor works it's pretty ineffective.

Marinakis out

I dont know from where our next goal is coming from, not to mention a win.
Worryingly I see players that donf give f##k. Any mistakes by the defence are made look even worse as our final third is hopeless. Only Taylor looks like can do something with thd ball, the other players upfront, nothing. Second half was even worse then the first; Knockhart a show pony, Ameobi was a shadow of himself and Lolley? What happen to the Lolley that we knew two seasons ago? He barely touched the ball. Central midfield as if it was non existent, and then offcourse the usuall mistake bh Figi to round things up.... what makes it annoying is that Swansea didnt look like anything special and in the second half were just strolling around...
Not looking good for CH .... hope he doesn't end up like Megson ...and Forest will be his last team ...

Another complete embarrassment> A proportion of these players do not look interested, and as for Figuredo how does he keep getting picked.
Someone needs to tell this lot some home truths some of them seem to think they are so good they can just coast through a game without any work rate & effort. I don't think I've seen Christie get out from a jog, and lost count of how times he's slipped / fallen over.
Usual lack of intensity, urgency, desire & even commitment from some. What is the manager saying to them, what are they doing in training, Either they are not carrying out the managers instructions or more worryingly if they are then there is a serious problem. I don't know how much longer EM will stand for it before intervening somehow.

3421 get Worral and soh in the back, 2 behind Taylor so he gets some support. CH rolls out the same shit next game he's clearly clueless, can't keep banging the same shite out every game and hope something works.

3421 get Worral and soh in the back, 2 behind Taylor so he gets some support. CH rolls out the same shit next game he's clearly clueless, can't keep banging the same shite out every game and hope something works.
I doubt we have the ability to play other formations with this lazy team

and to top it off we have to listen to sky moon
About how great Swansea were and continue to impress!

It's just awful, I don't even know how were trying to play, no personality on the pitch, I laughed at those saying this is a relegation battle but I'm now starting to worry.

Figs is an utter liability, christie also wank, we can't form a midfield out of the players we have and as hard as taylor works it's pretty ineffective.

Marinakis out

I have been saying it for a while and got lots of shit of some posters as I was probably one of 3 posters who have been saying it since the beginning of the season

But I have been through at least 4 relegations and this feels much worse at this stage of the season than any of those

There is nothing

Yates needs fucking off
Lolly has gone because he is having to do too much fucking defensive shite
Figs has gone
Fuck knows what to do with the midfield
Too much pressure on one player up front

I think Dawson needs to come back in hand out some bollockings

Non of this is CH fault

We absolutely cannot blame this manager

He is a recognised good manager

The best we have had in years

This is a systemic problem within our club

We make the possible impossible

Non of this is CH fault

We absolutely cannot blame this manager

He is a recognised good manager

The best we have had in years

This is a systemic problem within our club

We make the possible impossible

The manager should be able to fix systemic issues at the club.
If he can't he's not in charge.
If he's not in charge, we need to get rid of whoever is and give the manager control.

I have to hold my hands up and say I panicked too early. I thought I could see signs of our other relegation threatened seasons I've suffered through. A few back to back wins were perfectly possible and would've changed things completely.

Now we are legitimately in a spot of bother. Hughton needs to make changes asap.

The manager should be able to fix systemic issues at the club.
If he can't he's not in charge.
If he's not in charge, we need to get rid of whoever is and give the manager control.

He's not been in long enough to fix systemic issues and highly doubt it he will be given long enough or the range to influence those issues

Looked good early on - Ameobi danced past defenders, Taylor flicked the cross towards the far post but it went just wide.

As half time approached we were right on top, Knockaert making a great chance for himself but picking out the keeper with his shot. Swansea went down the other end, Ameobi didn't jump and we went behind. Never really looked like equalising as heads went down in the second half. Need to change our luck by making things happen.

As I and others have said for ages, we are in a relegation battle until proven otherwise.

It's now getting too late for that proof to come.

It's a confidence thing.

It's possible that we might luck through a few results, enough to bring confidence up and sustain us as a normal, competent team. We had a chance at that recently; two wins in a row and we play very well at Barnsley but chuck it away 2-0. Win that game and we might have had the confidence to do a bit more and pull clear.

It's likely to be four defeats in a row at least now and by Christmas, with our fixtures, we'll likely be in the bottom three.

Still plenty of time to pull clear, but this is what our season is about now; simple survival. Fantasies of playoff chasing are just that unless something remarkable happens. We have around 40 points we need to get, and we desperately need to work out where the fuck they are coming from.

I'm not resigned to relegation, but lets face it, on that showing, it's a distinct possibility. If the worst was to happen, and we end up in league 1, we should use the next couple of years to clear the decks whilst filling the team with as much youth as possible.
We should definitely not buy anybody in the Jan window, I can live with losing but as a club we just seem to be constantly buying players that don't live up to their reputation. I don't think people like Christie, Freeman, Blackett etc are bad players, but they're not what we needed. Why make these sort of signings when players like Johnson, Mighten and Swan would add so much more energy to the team.
Apologies for the rant, but unless we stop being a nice little earner, for players who are past their best, sack the recruitment team, and change club strategy, then we'll continue to struggle.

The professional greeks who talked a massive game will bring us down.

Terrible recruitment. No cohesive plan. Just because they can do it in a bum league doesnt mean fuck all in the championship.