Swansea match thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Swansea match thread

I always think that any individual will be playing to their best when they are enjoying it and playing 'with a smile on their face'. Figz looks frightened, angry and panicky.

I tend to avoid posting when angry, but Figgy is a liability and I'd picked up on that mistake, when he was under no pressure at all.

His distribution has always been poor, but I can live with that, provided he is defensively sound - but, he's getting worse. Loses his man too often from set pieces, he dives in less than he used too but just not good enough in the air either.

Had there not been cover, when Figgy got robbed in possession by Lowe - McKenna had to tackle & that could have been even worse than a yellow!!

Christie is just not Matty Cash and CP mentioned that Lolley would struggle without Cash & he has - although, I just don't know whether Lolley is actually fit?
I thought Lolley and Colback both looked a lot better against Barnsley, and I assumed the improvement would continue as they played more minutes. Instead they've gone backwards (I know, Colback always goes backwards!)

Lolley was poor against Swansea. He and Christie both slipped at vital moments near the end instead of creating good chances - why do Forest players keep slipping over but our opponents don't?

If he's not up to two games a week I'd start with Swan or Mighten tomorrow.

I think we can sell Figs back to Portugal in January. Likely Grabban to the Far East towards the end of the window and hopefully ship off some of the players who are out of contract this summer (Darikwa, Hefe, Clough.

Send back Cafu. Sign Knockaert, and buy or loan a replacement for Grabban.

As for Figs, he's not been consistently bad this season. He looked back to something like his best early on, and for most of the first half against Swansea he played well.

But the number of unforced errors is piling up now. Once he sliced that backpass into touch (and why not keep the ball in their half when we had them under the cosh?), and it led to their goal, his game dropped. I'd hope Soh gets a game tomorrow.

Figs is shell shocked still from last season, he had an ok few games then when things went a bit sideways he fell to pieces. Why is he sticking with him when Soh is there, can't keep playing players who are totally rock bottom on confidence. Samba, colback, Christie and lolley all are seriously not performing all need benching.

Figs is shell shocked still from last season, he had an ok few games then when things went a bit sideways he fell to pieces. Why is he sticking with him when Soh is there, can't keep playing players who are totally rock bottom on confidence. Samba, colback, Christie and lolley all are seriously not performing all need benching.

Apart from McKenna and Taylor, is there anyone right now who deserves their place in the starting XI?

Apart from McKenna and Taylor, is there anyone right now who deserves their place in the starting XI?
Knockhaert, because he has a quality which none of our guys have. He does need to start showing it more often, but those are the 3 who should start.
Want to see more of Soh too

I thought I was the only that thought that as no one else has mentioned it, but it's absolutely right. It was an inexplicable decision to do what he did, and a reflection of where his game is at the moment, confidence shot to pieces and brain seems scrambled, he needs at least a break from the action.
So ameobi not at fault for a simple leap/header?

Samba is atrocious and gives defence zero confidence. He doesn’t control his area like he used to and is rooted to his line too often

our aimless punts from deep give any attack very little hope

So ameobi not at fault for a simple leap/header?
Yes of course he was at fault, very badly. It's like last year at Derby who's fault was it that they got the late equaliser. Worrall for committing silly foul when no danger at all, Samba for not taking the simple catch from the resultant free Kick, or others for rank bad marking, and remember there are still people on here castigating Worrall for the foul, the subsequent errors by others never get a mention.

Yes of course he was at fault, very badly. It's like last year at Derby who's fault was it that they got the late equaliser. Worrall for committing silly foul when no danger at all, Samba for not taking the simple catch from the resultant free Kick, or others for rank bad marking, and remember there are still people on here castigating Worrall for the foul, the subsequent errors by others never get a mention.

We still haven't recovered from that goal.

No we haven't you're right, but where would you apportion blame, Worrall, Samba, or generally poor collective defending.

I was widely castigated at the time, but I still hold the view that the lion's share of the blame has to go to Worrall.

What he did was idiotic. What the rest did was just shit.

I can excuse shit a bit more than I can excuse idiocy.

I agree the bulk of the blame lies with Worrall which as you say was just stupidity, and showed a lack of game awareness. Samba's part in it was a mistake, and the rest of it as you point out was just crap defending.
Really think it was those moments that caused the collapse of our season, it just knocked the stuffing out of everyone