Supporters Club | Page 45 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

Fair enough .....though you're making up your own interpretation of soft loan (or soft-loan), whereas I offered a "formal" definition ....from what I looked up.
The only interpretation I have is if someone says "soft-loan" vs soft-loan that means the standard definition may not apply.

The only interpretation I have is if someone says "soft-loan" vs soft-loan that means the standard definition may not apply.
Sorry, I don't get the differentiation. I thought the "-" (dash) was the issue.

Are you saying the quotation marks are the difference? I can't see why.

Not the dash, but someone using quotation marks around something generally indicates an area of "unknown" or none exactness.

Not the dash, but someone using quotation marks around something generally indicates an area of "unknown" or none exactness.
Is that how the SC described it to you. Maybe they were simply trying to distinguish it from a "normal" loan.

Those quotation marks mean nothing ... little reason to think they do with "soft" .... maybe.

FFS does all this really matter?
We donated money, whether it was used, loaned (soft, hard or just semi), given or whatever, who gives a fuck?
It has been returned to the SC and can now be used for other purposes and good causes related to this great club of ours.
No fucker was promised any money back and from what I can gather only 2 people expect or want it back.
Can someone please organise another crowdfunder on here to try to raise the 10 bob Wlatic donated and then he will hopefully let this go and move on.

I get your point JK, but I can vouch that Wlatic donated considerably more than ten bob in the 2nd crowdfunder ...not sure about the 1st.

Is that how the SC described it to you. Maybe they were simply trying to distinguish it from a "normal" loan.

Those quotation marks mean nothing ... little reason to think they do with "soft" .... maybe.

============
As has been well publicised, a large part of the money raised was advanced to the Administrators of the club to help with operating expenses. That money was advanced to the club on a ‘soft loan’ basis. It was never certain that this money would be returned, as it was not clear that a buyer would be found for the club. In the event, we were able to secure the promise of the Administrators to return these funds when a buyer was found, and the funds were returned to the Supporters Club.

The funds returned by the administrators do not represent all of the funds raised, as direct expenses have also been incurred, including legal costs and meeting expenditure on behalf of the club to ensure the players could honour fixtures.

In accordance with our original fundraiser, the Supporters Club is now carefully considering uses to which the remaining funds can be put. The Supporters Club has always been open and transparent about the funds raised and the uses to which they have been put, and support for the actions of the Supporters Club has been overwhelming.
============

This is contradicted by the administration legal documents.

I really don't get the point of putting quotations around "soft loan" if what was meant was simply... a soft loan, there shouldn't be any reason for any member of the supporters club or donator to be able to see the vehicle used for the donation.

Soft loan "soft loan" soft-loan "soft-loan"

all to the Average White Band song...'let's go round again'

I'm with what JS said post #890 altho minus the tongue in cheek bit about the 10 bob crowdfunder 😉

FFS does all this really matter?
We donated money, whether it was used, loaned (soft, hard or just semi), given or whatever, who gives a fuck?
It has been returned to the SC and can now be used for other purposes and good causes related to this great club of ours.
No fucker was promised any money back and from what I can gather only 2 people expect or want it back.
Can someone please organise another crowdfunder on here to try to raise the 10 bob Wlatic donated and then he will hopefully let this go and move on.
The main reason it matters to me is the same reason that the club went into administration. <--edited as to not upset people --> Things continued to happen which were not right and the bread crumbs were not followed.

What would happen if you did a fundraiser for me to get my 10 bob back and I agreed to shut up. But then I got the 10 bob and didn't shut up, what i did instead was setup wlatic2 and continued to spout the same! Would that be ok with you? If so what would be the point of the fundraiser in the first place?

I think you're trying to read in something that isn't there.

I'd imagine the quotation marks are simply to make a distinction from a normal loan.

I don't understand your final point.

Soft loan "soft loan" soft-loan "soft-loan"

all to the Average White Band song...'let's go round again'

I'm with what JS said post #890 altho minus the tongue in cheek bit about the 10 bob crowdfunder 😉
Erm .....JK ...... unless you think he's Jonny Sking.
😉

I'd imagine the quotation marks are simply to make a distinction from a normal loan.

Excuse me for butting in here but think you might be in for a long night as imo WLatic is as determined a poster as you in keeping the debate going into the wee small hours..😉...sadly I've work in the morning & will catch up with the Moonay / WLatic extended tennis rally tomorrow sometime...no doubt it'll be post #995 or thereabouts 😉....:box:

Off to bed too Jock. There's little else to add to be honest. ........then again, I thought that about 400 posts ago. 🥴

That's what you think and you are entitled to it.

I think there were terms in the loan agreement that defined exactly what the administration could/couldn't do with the money and as a result it sat inside a bank account, unused (probably earning zero interest for the supporters club), while the admin continued to asset strip us, sack staff (stories of players going to the FA for treatment) etc. I really see no issue of releasing the "soft loan" document for all to see as it was public money anyway.

I'd love to know who is right (its likely somewhere in the middle), I'd actually love to be COMPLETELY wrong, because it'd mean we had openness in the situation.

That's what you think and you are entitled to it.

I think there were terms in the loan agreement that defined exactly what the administration could/couldn't do with the money and as a result it sat inside a bank account, unused (probably earning zero interest for the supporters club), while the admin continued to asset strip us, sack staff (stories of players going to the FA for treatment) etc. I really see no issue of releasing the "soft loan" document for all to see as it was public money anyway.

I'd love to know who is right (its likely somewhere in the middle), I'd actually love to be COMPLETELY wrong, because it'd mean we had openness in the situation.

One simple question comes to mind in all this for me, who did you donate the money too?

If the answer is the football club then I believe you have a case, however I believe the money was donated to the SC and therefore whether they loaned it to the club or gifted it that was their decision.

I do believe that the initial intention was to gift the money and that subsequent advice was given that a loan would be a better option.

I still see nothing wrong in this .

I'm only stating what I have been told by the supporters club and what is in the legal documents from the admin. Have you had a read of the administration docs?

The admin appear to have taken money on a "soft-loan" basis and then come out and said they'd repay it if they could, I agree it makes no sense. It could be PR spin from the admin, maybe they had the money and gave it back? Who knows. I'd like to!

The Crowdfunder was setup to give money for specific reasons and purposes, a loan no matter how soft was not mentioned, if its found the money wasn't used as per the reason it was collected and refunds aren't provided? Not sure what that would mean at this point.

The reason i use "soft-loan" is because this is how it was presented by the supporters club, it could potentially mean anything. Therefore you putting a definition on something that isn't defined is misleading. I'd love for the supports club to define that, and its one of my aims!

"simply that the money wasn't collected with a view to it being loaned." here in lays the BIG question. If it wasn't collected for that purpose was a "Soft-loan" something WASC should have done?

Hopefully this explains why I don't believe what you are stating as facts were indeed facts.

Under the stated aims of the initial crowdfunder I am unable to remember anything that said whether the money was to be gifted to the club or loaned and therefore cannot see your point. The money donated was for the SC to use in whichever way they thought best to ensure the survival of the football club.

I’m sure it’s a good question to ask we’re the money is going to. I don’t want mine back. But also would like to be told what is being spent on or. Which charity it’s being donated to. Don’t think it is wrong to ask these questions.

It's not wrong to ask those questions, but it's very wrong to insinuate that the volunteers, who took it upon themselves to do something to keep the club afloat in the shittiest of time, have been underhand and dishonest. I know you haven't done that but one serious poster and 1 idiot has.

I’m sure it’s a good question to ask we’re the money is going to. I don’t want mine back. But also would like to be told what is being spent on or. Which charity it’s being donated to. Don’t think it is wrong to ask these questions.

I agree John, and I am sure that the SC have already stated that they will consult the supporters on where the money is used.