Sunderland | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland

Was that the woman in pink trousers with a child sat next to her ?

Yep. It was embarrassing. Pink tracksuit bottoms or something and hoop earrings. Just shrieked profanities at the players most of the game. I know we were bad but the abuse was uncalled for. It was both embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure. Made losing with such a poor performance even worse to be honest that we had to listen to her shrieking all the way through it.

Don't suppose you were the northern boys sitting behind me and my two kids? (Just a guess based on your mb name)

Last edited:
Yep. It was embarrassing. Pink tracksuit bottoms or something and hoop earrings. Just shrieked profanities at the players most of the game. I know we were bad but the abuse was uncalled for. It was both embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure. Made losing with such a poor performance even worse to be honest that we had to listen to her shrieking.

Don't suppose you were the northern boys sitting behind me and my two kids?

I was to the right of her and for someone relatively petite (if its the same one, towards the left of the goal near the front) she had a set of pipes on her FFS. Felt sorry for her old man if he came in late from the pub one night

I was to the right of her and for someone relatively petite (if its the same one, towards the left of the goal near the front) she had a set of pipes on her FFS. Felt sorry for her old man if he came in late from the pub one night

Think that's the same one. Didn't annoy me to the point of saying anything. Mostly didn't want to get involved in what might end up a slagging match in front of my young kids. I just felt sorry for her poor kid. God help him if he gets a bad school report!

Yep. It was embarrassing. Pink tracksuit bottoms or something and hoop earrings. Just shrieked profanities at the players most of the game. I know we were bad but the abuse was uncalled for. It was both embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure. Made losing with such a poor performance even worse to be honest that we had to listen to her shrieking all the way through it.

Don't suppose you were the northern boys sitting behind me and my two kids? (Just a guess based on your mb name)

Yep, I thought you were referring to my wife, Doreen. I promise i`ll have a word with her when she gets in from the dentist !

I`ll reply seriously, this time( ;) ). Yep that was the lady; don`t know who she is but her demeanor, along with similarly non-appealing males, is the reason I am currently reluctant to bring my 10 year old granddaughter to an away game. Was that me behind you ? Nope, I currently live in the north but I am as southern as can be, with a typical Kent/Estuary English accent.

As a matter of interest there was clearly a cluster of us "Boarders" sat in close proximity to the Lady In Pink, I feel a song coming on. Kettners and his friends were sitting a few rows back from (i shall call her) "Doreen" and apart from you and him, Bromley was nearby as was myself and Wayne Kerr.

Should just say, (being thread conscious) i`m looking forward to watching the Sunderland game on ifollow !

I`ll reply seriously, this time( ;) ). Yep that was the lady; don`t know who she is but her demeanor, along with similarly non-appealing males, is the reason I am currently reluctant to bring my 10 year old granddaughter to an away game. Was that me behind you ? Nope, I currently live in the north but I am as southern as can be, with a typical Kent/Estuary English accent.

As a matter of interest there was clearly a cluster of us "Boarders" sat in close proximity to the Lady In Pink, I feel a song coming on. Kettners and his friends were sitting a few rows back from (i shall call her) "Doreen" and apart from you and him, Bromley was nearby as was myself and Wayne Kerr.

Should just say, (being thread conscious) i`m looking forward to watching the Sunderland game on ifollow !

Yeh there were some behind us with a very non kent accent. I actually thought it was a Birmingham accent to be honest although when it looked like you were in the proximity I did wonder if I was mistaken and it was further north. They seemed to be gills fans which confused me a little given the comfortably non-kent accent. Who the hell grows up somewhere other than kent and supports gills!?!?! Morons ;)

Nice to see AK has compared my football opinion to Doreen :)

We are in div 1 not the champ or prem. just how many teams in div 1 or 2 over the years have been miles better than any one else and unbeatable (man city, Blackburn years ago maybe),
We have been able to beat most of the ‘bigger’ teams at home with organisation, attitude, effort and the crowd on the day.

Alex Ferguson said that to win any game you first have to win the right to compete. You cannot have a slow start and cannot believe your own skill will be enough. We did it a few times last season, nearly all away but at home Wigan, Blackburn and Plymouth come to mind.

Last edited:
I worked with a Sunderland supporter and he was telling me that they always get large away following in the south especially London as so many of them are either working in or have moved south.

If
Sunderland have now sold out all their tickets for Wednesdays game - amazing support.
if that is true we may as well give them a couple of blocks of the GRS as well, Gills Twitter says we’ve almost sold 7,000 tickets including the 2,000 Sunderland fans, so less than 5,000 Gills fans going currently. They could have the 2 blocks nearest the Town End.

I take it that’s 7k home tickets sold or 5k home and 2k away? If I was trying to encourage as many fans as possible I would’ve added all tickets sold and said “over 9k tickets sold, let’s go for the first complete sellout since ...!”

I take it that’s 7k home tickets sold or 5k home and 2k away? If I was trying to encourage as many fans as possible I would’ve added all tickets sold and said “over 9k tickets sold, let’s go for the first complete sellout since ...!”
5k home and 2k away. They are trying to get 8k.

Feel sad that I can`t be there, as there will be a good atmosphere. But feel ecstatic that I can watch this game live in HD, from up here in Lancs.
Progress, or is it ?

To be honest, I'll be disappointed with anything below 8,000, as they are undeniably the biggest fish in the pond that is League 1- especially in view of our history with them (Tony Cascarino, 1987 and all that). It doesn't seem that long ago they were in the Prem- which was just under two years ago.

On the other hand, they are still the biggest league team we have played since Wolves four years ago.

And we still beat them at home! :thumbup: