Sunderland (A) - Ticket Details | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland (A) - Ticket Details

Got ours today, going to make a mini break out of the trip. A couple of days walking either on the coastal path or in the North Yorkshire Moors, and some exploring of the area's industrial past. Then City at Sunderland on the Saturday and Tottenham at Middlesbrough on the Sunday. Both new grounds to us.

Collect our second 3 points in a few days and it willl be a great start to the new year.
Sounds like a plan!

Hello all, long term Safc sufferer here...
We don't do home and away pubs, it's a free for all.
Most away fans go to the Colliery across the road from the stadium which is fine but please wander around. Most places are cheaper than you would expect too.
I recommend the Deaf centre which has bars on 3 levels and is ran by deaf staff but always welcoming.
If travelling from Newcastle I the temptation is to stay there but go to Sunderland pre match and join in, we love a moan but we are friendly to strangers.
The Stadium of light metro us closest to away end but st Peter's is better for a few bars including the deaf club. Or push on further into Sunderland and get off at Park Lane and do a bar crawl.
The centre of Sunderland is 15 minutes stroll over the bridge, just follow the crowds.
The stewards at the ground are not friendly often so dont push it with them and do not even pretend to chuck stuff over the top.
The away end is high but has an excellent view and also has the best bar area a flight to two down from the seating deck.
I am happy to answer any questions...and most of all you will not lose, we are crap.

Most away fans go to the Colliery across the road from the stadium which is fine but please wander around. Most places are cheaper than you would expect too.
I recommend the Deaf centre which has bars on 3 levels and is ran by deaf staff but always welcoming.
If travelling from Newcastle I the temptation is to stay there but go to Sunderland pre match and join in, we love a moan but we are friendly to strangers.
The Stadium of light metro us closest to away end but st Peter's is better for a few bars including the deaf club. Or push on further into Sunderland and get off at Park Lane and do a bar crawl.
The centre of Sunderland is 15 minutes stroll over the bridge, just follow the crowds.
The stewards at the ground are not friendly often so dont push it with them and do not even pretend to chuck stuff over the top.
The away end is high but has an excellent view and also has the best bar area a flight to two down from the seating deck.
I am happy to answer any questions...and most of all you will not lose, we are crap.

Thanks for that. I've been working up in Sunderland for 4 years now, off and on, and am really looking forward to seeing the Imps at the Stadium of Light.

What are the prices for food and drink in the ground please buddy? On the official coaches so won't be wandering far, ta,

Thanks for the info. Hope you lot turn it around soon - a proper club with brilliant fans. You deserve better.

More info...
If getting Metro from Newcastle station take the green line which terminates at South HYLTON, the other line goes to south Shields. The metro takes about 30 minutes.
Stadium of Light metro station is closest to away end and handy for Colliery Tavern and the Wheatsheaf ( where a shock jock is on who welcomes away fans).
St Peter's metro is slightly closer to the stadium as a whole and getting off there means you can drink in the fans museum, Deaf club and Victory club. Few cheap eateries there too.
Sunderland main station also has the Metro and us handy for Yates and Wetherspoons. If you can find your way to the Green Terrace area near the Empite theatre you will find over a dozen bars happy to have you.
As said the away end is high up, lots of steps and a steep rake in the seats. Leave time for this. Away coaches are 30 seconds amble from away end.
Programme used to be superb but now just adequate.
ALove Supreme fanzine is prominent in the area and easy to pick up.
Adajacent to the away end is a massive square building called
d the Foundation of Light which has the fanzone whereby you can eat and drink. The fanzone is inside in the winter months.
The Colliery Tavern is behind Hilton hotel at stadium, busy road so be careful crossing, and welcomes all. I have never seen a cross word in there and only Nufc fans are not welcome. There is an outside bar there too and a covered area and everyone mingles. Hopefully you'll be surprised by how many people will talk to you as an away fan.
Parking, extremely difficult unless you have a permit. However when coming in from A19 onto A1231 you will see park and ride signs. I believe if is still free and buses will ship you in and out quite rapidly and the pick up point post match is outside away end area.

More info...
If getting Metro from Newcastle station take the green line which terminates at South HYLTON, the other line goes to south Shields. The metro takes about 30 minutes.
Stadium of Light metro station is closest to away end and handy for Colliery Tavern and the Wheatsheaf ( where a shock jock is on who welcomes away fans).
St Peter's metro is slightly closer to the stadium as a whole and getting off there means you can drink in the fans museum, Deaf club and Victory club. Few cheap eateries there too.
Sunderland main station also has the Metro and us handy for Yates and Wetherspoons. If you can find your way to the Green Terrace area near the Empite theatre you will find over a dozen bars happy to have you.
As said the away end is high up, lots of steps and a steep rake in the seats. Leave time for this. Away coaches are 30 seconds amble from away end.
Programme used to be superb but now just adequate.
ALove Supreme fanzine is prominent in the area and easy to pick up.
Adajacent to the away end is a massive square building called
d the Foundation of Light which has the fanzone whereby you can eat and drink. The fanzone is inside in the winter months.
The Colliery Tavern is behind Hilton hotel at stadium, busy road so be careful crossing, and welcomes all. I have never seen a cross word in there and only Nufc fans are not welcome. There is an outside bar there too and a covered area and everyone mingles. Hopefully you'll be surprised by how many people will talk to you as an away fan.
Parking, extremely difficult unless you have a permit. However when coming in from A19 onto A1231 you will see park and ride signs. I believe if is still free and buses will ship you in and out quite rapidly and the pick up point post match is outside away end area.
Would you recommend the Halfway House for a drink, I will have my 11 year old son, so just looking at family friendly pubs with food?

Would you recommend the Halfway House for a drink, I will have my 11 year old son, so just looking at family friendly pubs with food?
The HH doesn't do food, it's a drinkers place only mate.
Maybe go to the seafront around Roker such as the Wolsey or the Queen Vic for foodie bars.

The foundation of light and fanzone ideal for families as I'm bringing my daughter with me?

I really, really need to start looking ahead at away fixtures again so I can start booking trains and hotels.

I've kicked myself quite a lot in the last few days because I really should be in Newcastle for a couple of nights for this match!

I used to work with someone who had access to a couple of Sunderland season tickets and I went to a few games with him. I can only echo what the Sunderland chap has said. I found it quite remarkable that pubs just let everyone in irrespective of home or away, or in my case neutral. People were brilliant, everyone and everywhere was really welcoming and all I found were people who wanted to have a beer and talk about football, football and then more about football. Thoroughly enjoyable and looking forward to my first trip there as a proper away supporter.