Sunday lunchtime - Norwich at the DW | Vital Football

Sunday lunchtime - Norwich at the DW

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
The Royles will be schmoozing with Delia in Rigallettoes.
Grant Holt will be tweeting about his upcoming wrestling match.
Norwich supporters will be discussing the pedestrianisation of their city centre.
The West Stand crowd will be leading the chanting.
Jonathan Jackson will be nudging Kevin Roberts not to use the words Synergy, Touch Base, Organic Growth or holistic approach.

Mr Cook pre match .... "Bigger fish can eat yer"

Reading fought for a draw .... our team can go one better.

A lot of football success is in the mind.
You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are
(Bill Shankly)

Last edited:
Nice quote. Sadly Cook takes the opposite approach and bigs up the opposition to the point labelling some teams as unplayable.

Anyway we can but hope.

Positivity today peeps !
The pitch should be lovely (hurrah!) .... no excuses there.
Lively crowd.
TV Cameras.

Otherwise, we might end up getting a version of this post match ....
"When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea,"

Norwich away was the turning point of the seaspn doohe both teams. After 9 games we were 3rd and a win at Norwich could have sent us top. Norwich in a relegation battle, pressure mounting on Farke and on the verge of the sack. They were there for the taking. We sat back created 0 shots on target and Norwich got a wrong penalty in the last minute.

That set the bench mark for future away games and we plummeted down the table whilst it inspired Norwich to go on a great run and surge up the table.

Let's hope today it changes our fortunes in the other direction.

I suppose we need balance so I understand the Naismith selection to a degree even though I question his ability. Dunkley or Kipre is probably a coin toss. However Leon fucking Clarke instead of garner??? Walton instead of Jones???

That first half actually surprised me, Clarke actually running and doing stuff, Robinson and Massey have been stand out though, second half is all about bottle, can we bottle a lead again for the umpteenth time or can they keep it, that's my biggest fear.

...Are we still going with the notion that Kal’s not a Championship player? Got worse again as soon as he went off. Don’t understand why he’s been missing in recent weeks.

Before driving home, quick comment on today's game.

Thought we played very well up to the point when we made subs and changed the shape.

Dunkley could of covered Pukki better for their goal, considering he was miles out of position pressing 10 yards ahead of Fox. Pukki is a very good player. Excellent touch, link up play and movement off the ball. Wasted quite a few chances but certainly showed his quality throughout the game.

Clarke had a very good game, seem's he's willing to put a shift in when others around him do as well. When he's alone with no press he doesn't look interested. But today he won the ball back quite a bit and helped setup counter attacks.

Lee Evans played well behind Clarke, held the ball using his frame throughout the game and put a good shift in covering the danger area of where Norwich wanted to play through to build their attacks.

Windass came on and was awful, wasted the ball and didn't work hard without it. Also the shape change gave them the space they wanted and it helped them create more openings. Still a very useful point for us and they worked hard against a team who play out very confidently from the back. Shame Clarke missed that 1v1. Good effort though all round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done lads,they all put in a shift and with a little more composure the three points would have been ours .
More of the same and we will stop up

Apart from not winning a lot of positives from the match...special mentions for Fox, Sam Morsy, Naismith and in particular Clarke. MOM though was young Reece. We were the better side with the better chances and with a bit of luck would have won. Thought Dunks should have cleared him out that led to their goal but all in all I'm happy with the intensity.

Also what a pleasure for me personally to watch the entire match for a change and not scuttle off to work on 70.

Was Clarke offside ?..really ?.. his arm maybe but those decisions get given against us unfortunately.

I thought we were excellent today and with a bit more composure in front of goal could easily have won the match. I was really impressed with the front four pressing high up the pitch pretty much all through the game. Lots of excellent performances, however a special word of praise for Reece James, Leon Clarke and Kal Naismith - I thought they were excellent. Such a shame to think that if we had played like that all season we would be comfortably mid table. Will a point today be enough? Time will tell

I'm more happy with the work rate of the players, showing some pride at last. Shame the goal we conceded was very poor again but for once that first goal didn't cause us to play even worse. Play like that till the end of the season and we will be fine. I honestly think 4 more points will seal staying up.

Its a very good point against an obviously decent side. Their quality is such they had Moritz Leitner on the bench who played in the Champions League final for Dortmund, when Klopp was manager. So all in all, a very good point. Interesting that they picked up Pukki for nothing as well. Farke obviously knew him from German football.

If we can get something at Leeds, and, or at least beat Preston next Monday, it will become an excellent point and could be just enough.
Had a nice chat with a Norwich fan beforehand, they didnt seem a bad bunch. Good luck to them in the Premier League.

Great performance. Some stand out points from me
Clarke onside.
Think it was Reece James?? Should have called for Evans to leave the long ball that led to their goal but the lad took his chance clinically.
Naismith brilliant, particularly that run out of defence.
Windass was beyond awful when he came on, he just doesn't have much ability. Their defenders literally let him run the ball out of play more than once.
Walton made a few excellent saves.
Cook - brave team selection which paid off. And positive substituions even if they perhaps didn't work as well as intended. Can't say he didn't 'go for it'.