Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 137 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Robson-Kanu is the only realistical-ish name there right?
Nope.
There's a reason why they're all free agents, and that's because their over inflated self worth is more than clubs are willing to pay.

Besic and Bony would struggle to get work permits over here now anyway.

Last edited:
Nope.
There's a reason why they're all free agents, and that's because their over inflated self worth is more than clubs are willing to pay.

Besic and Bony would struggle to get work permits over here now anyway.
Like, I imagine eg Wilshere, Sturridge, Carroll could easily find a place in the championship (and I'm being conservative) but no one is willing to match the worth in their talents due to injuries. Then, why would they take a paycut to play in L-1, love for the beautiful game? They would take it on the championship.

I think I would be willing to take a chance on Carroll as back up to Wyke if the wage package was right. He would give us the "battering ram" to use in games were opposition teams park the bus.

Wishful thinking though as there is no way we would want to pay the wages he would want for a player that would mainly be an impact sub.

Latest Free Agents some good players on there

✍️ FREE AGENTS ✍️ - Olivier Ntcham (Swansea ✅) - Robbie Brady - Jack Wilshere - Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - Daniel Sturridge - Kean Bryan - Andre Wisdom - Wilfried Bony - Ahmed Elmohamady - Kadeem Harris - Neil Taylor - Hal Robson-Kanu - Andy Carroll - Mo Bešić Any takers? 🤔 https://t.co/7aEtu5CoD0

Some decent player in there but i think if the club was interested in any of them we may have already made our move. Some of those players shouldn't have an issue finding a club if they wanted one, but i suspect a lot of them may not have one because they aren't willing to drop down and play for lesser money.

2 other out of contract players are Viv and Dodoo, i wonder if they regret not taking the deal at the time since they've not found anything else and gone months without pay.

Another player i half expect might turn up here is Conor McGloughlin, former Sunderland and Fleetwood right back. He is pretty decent, would probably not be expensive and willing to come and be a squad player. Since we haven't got a right back that could be one we consider.

Seems we can add Michael Appleton and Lincoln City to the growing list of piss boiled managers / clubs disgusted at our Man Cityesque spending.
Well it's a convenient excuse to mitigate any under achievement during the season 😉

Seems we can add Michael Appleton and Lincoln City to the growing list of piss boiled managers / clubs disgusted at our Man Cityesque spending.
Well it's a convenient excuse to mitigate any under achievement during the season 😉
The thing is, as PK tweeted the other day, we've made a net profit with transfer dealings in this window (allowing for follow-on income from previous deals).

Choi and Au Yeung must be the worst businessmen in the history of the world.

The thing is, as PK tweeted the other day, we've made a net profit with transfer dealings in this window (allowing for follow-on income from previous deals).

Or if you believe what Lisa Nandy said, it appears Choi is worst poker player on the planet...

Any players like a Stephen Warnock type would really help, methinks.
Calm head, great attitude and with plenty of experience to pass along to younger players.

Re the net profit .... from the last admin document I had.
Obviously though, those figures could be higher or lower now.

"In connection with the vast majority of player sales made in the period of administration, the sale contract provides for contingent transfer fees payable under various conditions, which could, at a maximum, realise £5m over a 5 year period. There is however no guarantee that any of these monies will be recovered and in the event of a successful sale, these will be received by the purchaser."

Plus this as a reminder ....
Agents Fees - Football
As outlined in the Proposals, Yatin Patel of Keith Harris and Partners (“the Agent”) was instructed by the Joint Administrators to provide advice and assistance in relation to the various player sales.
To date, £120,000 has been paid to the Agent. Any further payments to the Agent will be subject to the successful sale of the Football Club.

Yatin Patel - Fees as outlined above in relation to the sale of players - estimated- £250,000

Last edited:

Accrington Stanley signed 18 new players in this window we signed 15 I've not seen anyone criticising them

Any players like a Stephen Warnock type would really help, methinks.
Calm head, great attitude and with plenty of experience to pass along to younger players.

Re the net profit .... from the last admin document I had.
Obviously though, those figures could be higher or lower now.

"In connection with the vast majority of player sales made in the period of administration, the sale contract provides for contingent transfer fees payable under various conditions, which could, at a maximum, realise £5m over a 5 year period. There is however no guarantee that any of these monies will be recovered and in the event of a successful sale, these will be received by the purchaser."

Plus this as a reminder ....
Agents Fees - Football
As outlined in the Proposals, Yatin Patel of Keith Harris and Partners (“the Agent”) was instructed by the Joint Administrators to provide advice and assistance in relation to the various player sales.
To date, £120,000 has been paid to the Agent. Any further payments to the Agent will be subject to the successful sale of the Football Club.

Yatin Patel - Fees as outlined above in relation to the sale of players - estimated- £250,000
Haven't the fa been holding a emergency covid fund till we where out of administration plus other things ?

I couldn't give a monkeys about what anyone thinks about our recruitment. The only concern for me is can we afford it, and the answer to that seems to be a resounding YES.

All these managers going on about our spending are using it to deflect attention from their own fans because they either suspect or know that they are going to have a tough season given the strength of the teams in the division this season.

If we gain promotion at the end of this season I will happily take the accusations of buying the league as we look back on an " annus horibilis" for both the club and fans last year. I will also be thinking to myself "what a load of moaning gets" as I grin like a Cheshire Cat and look forward to more of the same next season.

The other thing all of these opposition managers are failing to mention is Richardson is spending virtually 100% of his wage budget this summer, while most other managers probably have 60-70% of theirs tied up on existing players contracts, so of course we are spending more as we have to completely rebuild while they are just improving.

It's a bit like if someone who already owns a house comparing how much they spent on adding an extension to how much a neighbor spent buying the full house. It's not a like for like comparison.

I bet we have a lower debt than every club in the league (zero), i bet we raised more money in player sales and add on's that nearly everyone (about 2m) and those factor have shaped our budget. As Talal said we aren't even in the top 3 or 4 for budgets, so if opposition managers want to moan then there are another few clubs who aren't getting the same criticism.

One thing is for sure, if any of those clubs fans were in our position they would want to spend like we have and if any of those moaning managers were appointed instead of Richardson in the summer they'd have had no issue spending it. None of them would say they shouldn't spend it, so it's all jealousy and getting their excuses in early for losing to us.

It doesn't bother me, i just think it's funny to see how rattled they all our. The more jealous they are it shows how threatened they are by us.

Haven't the fa been holding a emergency covid fund till we where out of administration plus other things ?

I believe so. Transfer funds are also held by the EFL.

Re Player salaries ... most clubs will know what players are looking for and the salary demands.
The Peterborough Chairman has prised open the tin lid a bit
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...t-loud-at-league-two-strikers-demands-3368606

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-a-great-transfer-window-for-his-club-3368072

Wrexham have been spending Hollywood style too.
A reputed £200,000 for Ben Tozer who dropped down two leagues to join
Phil Parkinson and 9 other signings.

It feels a bit like the current housing market reading the transfers news

Last edited:
Some decent player in there but i think if the club was interested in any of them we may have already made our move. Some of those players shouldn't have an issue finding a club if they wanted one, but i suspect a lot of them may not have one because they aren't willing to drop down and play for lesser money.

2 other out of contract players are Viv and Dodoo, i wonder if they regret not taking the deal at the time since they've not found anything else and gone months without pay.

Another player i half expect might turn up here is Conor McGloughlin, former Sunderland and Fleetwood right back. He is pretty decent, would probably not be expensive and willing to come and be a squad player. Since we haven't got a right back that could be one we consider.
At present they are probably all asking for unrealistic wages for the teams interested in them. They'll start to drop their asking prices soon enough.

But it does take some one taking a risk on them. Darikwa is the case in point, two serious injuries and no one would touch him. It took us giving him a chance because we couldn't afford not to for him to begin to find fitness.

There are some teams out there that may take those chances. Rovers recruited poorly this summer, might take a stab on Robson-Kanu or even Viv. Derby and Reading have had issues and might be able to persuade players to come in on short term contracts to prove fitness and potentially get better contracts elsewhere

Not sure what's happening with Joe Dodoo, but I think VSO has had an injury setback.
He posted something on Twitter a couple weeks ago, sounded like he was fed up and frustrated with his recovery.