Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 133 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Left-back Joe Bennet signs, what a signing for this level, if he is a replacement for Pearce, I am completely happy with that.

Welcome to Latics, Joe! 💙

We are pleased to confirm the signing of full back Joe Bennett on a two-year contract, subject to international clearance.

#wafc🔵⚪️ #BELIEVE

International clearance??

Championship side Bournemouth have signed forward Jamal Lowe from Swansea for an undisclosed fee on a two year deal.

Yorkshire media reporting that Pearce is not happening. Barnsley probably told us to fuck off when we quoted a 400k price. I can’t see I blame them because no way is he worth that much, I’d have taken 200k. They’ll probably wait it out and come back in January when he has six months left on his deal.

Pearce out, Bennett, Kerr, Tilt in would be an excellent deadline day. Morsy at Ipswich will sting though.

Left-back Joe Bennet signs, what a signing for this level, if he is a replacement for Pearce, I am completely happy with that.
Another top drawer signing for me. Been playing regularly in the C'ship until last season, so definitely got what it takes. He's 31, so not a kid, but definitely got a couple of years in him at least.

Be interesting to see what happens now though... we don't need 3 LBs, so is it Pearce being sold, or will Robinson go out on loan? Guessing Bennett won't have signed to keep the bench warm, so can't see both Pearce and Robinson being with us all year.

Absolutely delighted we're bringing Tilt back; was a titan for us under very difficult circumstances last year, and as experienced cover who knows the territory but who won't get stroppy when he's not in the starting XI, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have back. Suggests that we may be going three at the back, with Whatmough, Watts and Kerr starting and Tilt for cover. I know Naylor can play there but he's wasted at CB: we need him in midfield.

Another top drawer signing for me. Been playing regularly in the C'ship until last season, so definitely got what it takes. He's 31, so not a kid, but definitely got a couple of years in him at least.

Be interesting to see what happens now though... we don't need 3 LBs, so is it Pearce being sold, or will Robinson go out on loan? Guessing Bennett won't have signed to keep the bench warm, so can't see both Pearce and Robinson being with us all year.

Absolutely delighted we're bringing Tilt back; was a titan for us under very difficult circumstances last year, and as experienced cover who knows the territory but who won't get stroppy when he's not in the starting XI, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have back. Suggests that we may be going three at the back, with Whatmough, Watts and Kerr starting and Tilt for cover. I know Naylor can play there but he's wasted at CB: we need him in midfield.
I’m not convinced by Robinson at all. I think he could do with going out on loan and getting a run of games

To get regular game time Robinson would possibly have to drop down a level.
Are Sunderland, B**ton or Ipswich interested! (Tongue is in my cheek).

More than likely just shows a lack of ambition and favouring the most money. If he wanted to compete, he’d have gone to a smaller club and played every week. Strange move from both us and Tilt himself.

Not really. Can’t imagine him being on much money here at all, given his likely position in the squad and his injury history. Who else were we meant to sign as 4th choice?

Can’t imagine any Prem/Champ clubs loaning us anyone to sit on the bench in League One all season, and there’s no point spending a fee on someone who’s likely to play the bare minimum number of games.