Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 131 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

I don't follow the bloke, and don't take much notice of what info he puts out, so I've no idea if he breaks it, or just hoovers it from elsewhere. However, whilst in the top division, I seem to remember lost of whinges about stories being leaked/planted released by agents.

I see little reason in a buying club leaking info re transfer targets to the press, as it's only likely to attract other bidders and possibly put up the price.

I only started following him after we got relegated from the Prem so i can't comment at all on what he was like in the Prem for reliability. But over the past 8 years or so he's been remarkably accurate overall, i used to think it must be a network of agents giving him bits but he got so much so much right for so long, including stuff agents wouldn't know i started to think it must a direct line from within the club (until recently when he's still getting bits but nowhere near what he previously got).

I agree that i don't think the club would've sanctioned any leaks though, but it seems the club couldn't work out who it was either to ever stop them.

When asked whether the Kerr rumour was true, Kendo said... "He is a player of interest"

Then he was asked are there any more players of interest, to which he replied... "maybe"

Interesting... 👀

Kendo used to be bang on the money with info, and I doubt any of it came from agents.
I mean, why would agents contact a local rag, when they can call Nixon and have it in the public domain in minutes?
Nixon works on contacts, be it thru agents, players, coaches or other club staff. Stuff doesn't stay secret very long in a football club. I used to get told about signings 3 or 4 days before they were announced when I worked with folk at the ground.

All it takes is one of them to drop Nixon a line. Whoever was doing that has definitely left the club now. It seems he's getting most of his info either second hand or from sources outside of the club (e.g. the selling club) now.

Saido Berahino signs for Wednesday, what a random signing that is, but a good signing that

Personally i'd say it was more a gamble than a good signing. We know the lad's got talent but for whatever reason he's never lived up to his potential and seems to have had issues everywhere he's been to some degree.

But no doubting if Moore could get his head right and get him back to his best they'd have a player for sure. But many have tried and none succeeded - intersting to see how it plays out.

Captain of a double winning, history making St Johnstone side. Only 24 years old. 500k is an absolute bargain. No doubt we'll be offering him big wages to persuade him to come here mind and the fee will probably rise above 500k if we get promoted, but unless he gets a serious injury then he's the sort of player we should be making a big profit on in two years time.

Most importantly, he'll improve our squad! We would have three really strong central defenders.

Kendo used to be bang on the money with info, and I doubt any of it came from agents.
I mean, why would agents contact a local rag, when they can call Nixon and have it in the public domain in minutes?

If Kendo got any info, then that may well have been from someone at the club. I meant that I couldn't really see the club feeding Nixon. His sources were morel likely to be agents ...... less of them to deal with for a start.

St Johnstone fans gutted they are losing Kerr and think 500k is ridiculously low.

Fans from other Scottish clubs like Hibs and Celtic both saying they should be in for him, especially at that price.

If we can get the deal over the line without another club pinching him all the signs point to the fact he could be an excellent bit of business.

Does that mean if he does not join Sunderland we won't be signing a cb today

No BickyM....if Kerr doesn't sign for Sunderland it's because he's shite & their fans will tell us so & if he signs for us then said Sunderland fans will again say he's shite & that we're getting their cast offs, duffers or players they deem aren't good enough...whilst also reminding us that they've won the FA Cup twice....😉.

IF (capital IF, deal's not done yet...) Kerr comes in, it's quite a coup for us as a L1 club. Excellent signing and alongside Whatmough would be one hell of a back line with Darikwa. Pearce is an excellent attacking LB but I'm not so sure defensively. Let's also not forget that Kell Watts has also been excellent so far and will only get better with more first team games. That definitely gives us the option to use wing backs with those three CBs, and it frees Pearce and Darikwa of some defensive responsibilities and so be more attack minded.

Having three CBs of their quality means either brilliant cover or more options attack wise. It'll be a big boon, that's for sure.

Hope it comes off, but until there's a formal announcement, I'm not going to get too carried away... no doubt now that's in the public forum, on deadline day, there will be others circling for a player of Kerr's quality at that sort of price.

I was hoping we would be in for Tilt, but Kerr is another upgrade if the deal comes off, that's for sure.

Will be keeping a very close eye out on full backs as well. I reckon we still need two of them, with at least one being able to operate on either side.

IF (capital IF, deal's not done yet...) Kerr comes in, it's quite a coup for us as a L1 club. Excellent signing and alongside Whatmough would be one hell of a back line with Darikwa. Pearce is an excellent attacking LB but I'm not so sure defensively. Let's also not forget that Kell Watts has also been excellent so far and will only get better with more first team games. That definitely gives us the option to use wing backs with those three CBs, and it frees Pearce and Darikwa of some defensive responsibilities and so be more attack minded.

Having three CBs of their quality means either brilliant cover or more options attack wise. It'll be a big boon, that's for sure.

Hope it comes off, but until there's a formal announcement, I'm not going to get too carried away... no doubt now that's in the public forum, on deadline day, there will be others circling for a player of Kerr's quality at that sort of price.

I was hoping we would be in for Tilt, but Kerr is another upgrade if the deal comes off, that's for sure.

Will be keeping a very close eye out on full backs as well. I reckon we still need two of them, with at least one being able to operate on either side.

I think 3 at the back might be the way to go

Might get Tilt as well yet, you never know at the rate we are going!

Looking at their squad he's probably quite far down the pecking order after coming back from injury so if we want 2 centre backs and Rotherham want to get him off the wage bill it's not at all out of the question.

I think Tilt is most likely 5th or 6th choice if everyone is fit.

Always thought as to why are not other clubs looking at Grigg, Doncaster cannot cover his wages which meant Sunderland having to fork out. Sunderland will welcome the other clubs.

I think Grigg is on so much whoever takes him Sunderland will be paying a decent percentage of his wages.

I bet Grigg is on more than we pay Charlie Wyke, which is ironic considering the stick we got from Sunderland for paying over the odds.