Summer transfer window thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

This was my point earlier Pope. I know we are going to need to invest some numbers we haven't seen before at our club, likely in attracting a striker or two, a CM, Spence, and if rumours are somewhat accurate, Morgan Gibbs White.

But those we know who are cheap and free (Zinc, Lowe, Rothwell, Bowler, Wallace) are the squad fillers to make us deeper without breaking the back. Likely 6-7m for that lot if Forest choose to follow up their interest.

MGW, Spence, Davis, plus a Rodon, a CM, and 2xLWB you're looking at 80M+ and I can't see us spending that?
Sorry, 1 LWB and a permanent additional striker or a loan striker

With the benefit of hindsight, the policy of not loading the squad with championship standard players on permanents last year, would seem to have been proved a good one.

Except all of our loan players turned out to be at PL back up standard at least LOL.

This was my point earlier Pope. I know we are going to need to invest some numbers we haven't seen before at our club, likely in attracting a striker or two, a CM, Spence, and if rumours are somewhat accurate, Morgan Gibbs White.

But those we know who are cheap and free (Zinc, Lowe, Rothwell, Bowler, Wallace) are the squad fillers to make us deeper without breaking the back. Likely 6-7m for that lot if Forest choose to follow up their interest.

MGW, Spence, Davis, plus a Rodon, a CM, and 2xLWB you're looking at 80M+ and I can't see us spending that?
I can see us spending that but not on some of the players listed on this fred (pmsl).
We now have resource, ambition, intent and status. Bring it on!

Looks like dane Murphy wants to keep these players together and hope we stay up first year like Sheffield United and Brighton.

We will need to sign a good attacking midfielder. Zinc does not have enough goals to his game nor does Davis.

We need to be bringing in about 8 players who are better than what we already have and saying thanks and goodbye to a similar number. Have a look at the squads of the relegated teams and honestly compare what we have now against that. We need to invest heavily. I personally don't believe Davis cuts it in the Prem and we will lack goals. We need a quality proven goal scorer with Davis as an option off the bench.

I think it will be a blessing in our first year that we have the big break for the World Cup to review and regroup.

We need to be bringing in about 8 players who are better than what we already have and saying thanks and goodbye to a similar number. Have a look at the squads of the relegated teams and honestly compare what we have now against that. We need to invest heavily. I personally don't believe Davis cuts it in the Prem and we will lack goals. We need a quality proven goal scorer with Davis as an option off the bench.

I think it will be a blessing in our first year that we have the big break for the World Cup to review and regroup.
I think we need to invest heavily as well.
We sign or have to replace 5 loan players, sell a goodly portion of the existing squad as they're not good enough and then add to the squad.
That's a major overhaul which I don't think we will do.

That would be a stunning signing if we could get him. Would be surprised if sides further up the table like Wet Spam weren’t interested though…
I don't think he'll be sold so it comes down to who offers the best loan deal from Chelsea's point of view; many factors at play here.

Our success really shows how the loan market is a dead-end for serious squad building. While we’ve won promotion, the value of other club’s assets has appreciated considerably. We now need to pay over the odds just to retain the squad we have, and I very much doubt that would be good enough.

In terms of players we own that are under contract, I doubt we could put a side together to trouble the playoffs in the Championship. Success has come so quickly with Cooper that the work we’re gonna need just to compete is going to be immense. On the one hand, it’s exciting.

But I hope expectations aren’t too high, both above and below Cooper. We could do everything right this summer, and it still might not be enough.

Our success really shows how the loan market is a dead-end for serious squad building. While we’ve won promotion, the value of other club’s assets has appreciated considerably. We now need to pay over the odds just to retain the squad we have, and I very much doubt that would be good enough.

In terms of players we own that are under contract, I doubt we could put a side together to trouble the playoffs in the Championship. Success has come so quickly with Cooper that the work we’re gonna need just to compete is going to be immense. On the one hand, it’s exciting.

But I hope expectations aren’t too high, both above and below Cooper. We could do everything right this summer, and it still might not be enough.
I agree the work needed to be done before the season starts is immense. Getting one transfer over the line is difficult enough and we need at least 8 imo (getting most of the loan players signed and new signings). 5 subs next year also means we have to have a really strong bench so good luck Dane!

Agree 100%

May be a dead end as you say but was there a serious alternative to us as a championship club? Our loan players would have cost a fortune and may not have got us promotion, we have got promotion and are now presumably able to buy them, but even so are they good enough? Championship teams going up for the first time in a long time like us have a very difficult task, but at least getting rid of a load of deadwood is not one of our problems.

Looking at the squad, we have the following contracted for next season
Keepers - horvath, samba, smith
RB/RWB - laryea, drager
LB/LWB - ioannou
CB- worrall, soh, panzo, cook, mckenna
M - colback, cafu, ojeda, yates, arter, fornah
W - johnno, lolley, mighten, silva
F - surridge, dacosta, Taylor
Figs, Jenkinson, bong and Grabban are all out of contract.
There is lots of work to do in and out.