Summer transfer window thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Yup lots of fishing and 2+2 making 5. Will be interesting to see how close the media get. My guess is not very beyond the obvious existing loans and players.

Feels like the clough days in the sense that we always got excited at the latest little gem clough unearthed. Think we all have confidence in coopers coaching ability and ability to pick the personalities required.

Think our ceo needs to show he can close these deals favourably and quickly.
I.m not moaning Raddy about the excitement, it's so much more refreshing. We would normally be lamenting and moaning at this time of year, Quickly going on holiday and moving on to cricket.
I just take most of it with a pinch of salt and refuse to get wound up or overly excited, until it happens now.

Our CEO seems to know what he;'s doing, the manager has his shopping list and they will be quietly going about it.
If we are lucky, it all comes together. But we have to be realistic and patient.
After 2.3 decades of misery and pain, I'm still sucking in the feelings of Sunday and it's a high I don't want to go away.

whilst there is a lot to do (ins and outs), it is so refreshing to know that the people doing the deals, and Cooper coaching them, that the anxiety of entering a normal transfer window will be far lower. They earned our trust with the last 2 windows. It is over to them to give us a team we can get behind and be excited about again.
I have watched Sundays celebrations over and over. Seeing how jubilant the players where, and how all us Forest fans showed them our appreciation, still makes the hairs on my arms stand. Pure electric.

well they say Dane opens discussions with him ourselves today and he did do the badge thing :)

I.m not moaning Raddy about the excitement, it's so much more refreshing. We would normally be lamenting and moaning at this time of year, Quickly going on holiday and moving on to cricket.
I just take most of it with a pinch of salt and refuse to get wound up or overly excited, until it happens now.

Our CEO seems to know what he;'s doing, the manager has his shopping list and they will be quietly going about it.
If we are lucky, it all comes together. But we have to be realistic and patient.
After 2.3 decades of misery and pain, I'm still sucking in the feelings of Sunday and it's a high I don't want to go away.

Didnt think you were moaning, was agreeing with you really. Think realism and patience will stand us in good stead, even if mr cooper has created something of an expectation rod for his own back.

Yup lots of fishing and 2+2 making 5. Will be interesting to see how close the media get. My guess is not very beyond the obvious existing loans and players.

Feels like the clough days in the sense that we always got excited at the latest little gem clough unearthed. Think we all have confidence in coopers coaching ability and ability to pick the personalities required.

Think our ceo needs to show he can close these deals favourably and quickly.
think we got Surridge in 2 days after Grabban got injured, so hes kinda proven that to a degree already :)
I'd certainly talk to Grabban about what he wants to do.

He came to us for four years on a project of getting us up. He's done that. He deserves the chance to play at the top for one last time, even if it's primarily a role in the dressing room. His cleverness as a player can still be valuable
he averaged what one assist every 20 games? doesnt sound very clever to be fair
I'd certainly talk to Grabban about what he wants to do.

He came to us for four years on a project of getting us up. He's done that. He deserves the chance to play at the top for one last time, even if it's primarily a role in the dressing room. His cleverness as a player can still be valuable
cleverness? he averaged what? one assist every 20 games? doesnt sound that clever to be fair, Probably coaches Lolley on his finishing and how to take a penalty tho,fair play

Getting the balance right this season is going to be the biggest challenge. If we manage to stay up, then we’re looking at Bournemouth, Brentford, Fulham or Southampton going down. possibly Leeds if they can’t get their own recruitment right and Phillips amd Raphinha go.

a second year in the Prem will really set us up and I think we will become a team like Leicester last season, Villa, Wolves etc.

If we can’t get Spence we require 9 players through the door at least, with a similar number going out

(Arter, Taylor, Cafu, Figs, Ioannou, Da Costa, Silva, possibly Lolley and a loan for mighten ideally)

Who did he buy in season 1? Watkins for sure, who else? Was it Cash also?
This is a cautionary tale

Screenshot_20220603-140601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not sure any of these players are worth much of anything; this is exactly the sort of spending we have to avoid. This lot cost £150m; Wesley has managed 5 goals and 25 games.

Villa have spent a further £230m in the two subsequent seasons to stay in midtable. The sums are eyewatering.

Just shows how easy it is to accrue multiple £10m+ transfers and they all be shite

This is a cautionary tale

View attachment 58118

Not sure any of these players are worth much of anything; this is exactly the sort of spending we have to avoid. This lot cost £150m; Wesley has managed 5 goals and 25 games.

Villa have spent a further £230m in the two subsequent seasons to stay in midtable. The sums are eyewatering.

Just shows how easy it is to accrue multiple £10m+ transfers and they all be shite
Wow!! 16 players and about 3-4 of them worth anything only

I have a feeling if Spence goes to spurs it maybe not a good idea for him, sort of place young impressionable players can get distracted and end up drifting out of the first team picture. We might get him the season after at a decent discount if it doesn't work. Larreya isn't being mentioned as an option we've not seen a lot of him here so hard to say what he can do, maybe as first choice he might show the form he's shown for Canada.