Summer transfer window thread | Page 144 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Shows us that Spence really isn’t interested in coming back as it’s round about the same fee that boro want for him so you’d think we would’ve rather had Spence ? Anyway if that’s the case BOLLOCKS to him and hopefully he sits on the bench doing sod all. We resurrected his career and before he came to us he would’ve had no chance of playing for Spurs ever. That’s loyalty for you I suppose.

Shows us that Spence really isn’t interested in coming back as it’s round about the same fee that boro want for him so you’d think we would’ve rather had Spence ? Anyway if that’s the case BOLLOCKS to him and hopefully he sits on the bench doing sod all. We resurrected his career and before he came to us he would’ve had no chance of playing for Spurs ever. That’s loyalty for you I suppose.

The rumour before the Peterborough game was that he wanted to go back to London, so it should come as no surprise.

There is a Twitter rumour that we are interested in signing Oscar who wants to return to Europe.

For a number of reasons I call bullshit on this one but I did find it funny…

There is a grain of truth in it because he does want a return to Europe but he is on a huge wage which, coupled with the fact that he has never lived up to his hype, has meant nobody has wanted to take a chance on him.

Just to hammer the point home how short we are right now, Paul Taylor had to choose a 5 a side Forest team for the Athletic and the line up is:
Samba
McKenna
Yates Cafu
Johnson

Shame. Spence alot better than Williams from what I have seen

Happy to be wrong
I agree, but at the same time Spence's form did start to teil off in the latter weeks, may have been due to fatigue like some of the others, but at the same time I thought at the time that there was an element of him starting to believe in his own publicity, and trying to overdo things a bit

In fairness he is a London boy and confident in his ability after his season with us. The Spuds offer him a return to his roots, higher wages and the possibility of Champions League football. We can’t compete with that unfortunately.
I'm not sure its a great decision on his part.
Conte's a great tactician but his style of man management seems more Warnock than Cooper to me.

I agree, but at the same time Spence's form did start to teil off in the latter weeks, may have been due to fatigue like some of the others, but at the same time I thought at the time that there was an element of him starting to believe in his own publicity, and trying to overdo things a bit

I am of the same opinion.
Was he tired or had the opposition worked him - the sign of a good player is to then find another level - I guess Spurs will find that out?

I remember we had a brilliant young RW going to the FA Cup Final against Spurs - Gary Crosby - he was brilliant for half a season - the opposition worked his stepover out and he ended back up in non-league.

PS - I am not saying Spence is another Crosby

I am of the same opinion.
Was he tired or had the opposition worked him - the sign of a good player is to then find another level - I guess Spurs will find that out?

I remember we had a brilliant young RW going to the FA Cup Final against Spurs - Gary Crosby - he was brilliant for half a season - the opposition worked his stepover out and he ended back up in non-league.

PS - I am not saying Spence is another Crosby

Spence couldn’t lace Crosby’s boots and he was much better for us than half a season !!! And in the top flight don’t forget when we were fighting on all fronts .

Spence couldn’t lace Crosby’s boots and he was much better for us than half a season !!! And in the top flight don’t forget when we were fighting on all fronts .

If he was that good - Why did he end up at Grimsby and back at Grantham before he was 30?

Gary Crosby jumped straight from non league to the top flight too - no league 1 or 2 bedding in or getting experience- from non league and straight into playing in massive games . That takes some balls and ability.
I cannot think of one other player maybe apart from Roy Keane since then who’s managed to do it ?