Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

I doubt either will be first choice next season. I would not be surprised to see Cash off loaded and a similar priced replacement in. Some one more suitable to what Unai expects from a RB. The LB position will be interesting dependant on if Digne goes or stays. He has been very good IMO this season.

I doubt either will be first choice next season. I would not be surprised to see Cash off loaded and a similar priced replacement in. Some one more suitable to what Unai expects from a RB. The LB position will be interesting dependant on if Digne goes or stays. He has been very good IMO this season.
I think Digne going would probably fund the wages of 4 or 5 Morgan Rogers , its where we are we can't be paying 31-year-olds 125k a week if that is what he is on.

I think Digne going would probably fund the wages of 4 or 5 Morgan Rogers , its where we are we can't be paying 31-year-olds 125k a week if that is what he is on.

He's one of our top earners apparently which is why I think we'll try to sell him. He's been excellent this season but he's one of the older heads on huge money that I think we'll try to offload. Carlos, Dendonkor and Coutinho being some of the others.

I could see villa renegotiating his contract and offering say a two year deal on less money? That way you keep a player that’s been decent and at the very least reliable. Wages can go elsewhere then and allow hopefully two big money signings if that’s what required - younger signings like Rogers won’t immediately make an impact like he has either. Dendonker - Lenglet - Zaniolo will fund wages or at the very least contribute to new signings IMO.

I have big concerns around Mings and Buendia. No updates on that front.
Pre season and hopefully ready to fire - Kamara is the one to be concerned about as he will miss all preseason and is not back until September apparently. Will be a bit part player next season sadly due to his nasty injury.

With Cucurella being a Chelsea player you can only assume he's on 850k per week so there's no way we'll be going for him.

I expect us to use this summer to trim the wage bill. Get out some big earners and bring in a few Morgan Rogers types to replace them.

Unai said a few weeks ago they're both training but won't feature this season.

My suspicion is they probably could if we were desperate but we're being overly cautious and rightly so.

I think both are in the Premier league and Conference league squads so you might be right there.

He's one of our top earners apparently which is why I think we'll try to sell him. He's been excellent this season but he's one of the older heads on huge money that I think we'll try to offload. Carlos, Dendonkor and Coutinho being some of the others.
all Gerrard signings on silly money, shift those and Unai will have us cooking on gas with a younger side, not that he's adverse to buying the odd older head

Why the fuck would we try and help Chelsea balance the books? Cucarella will be an expensive fee, expensive wages and he's looked wonky. Not the kind of player I'm expecting us to sign.
Exactly. I don't see us paying over the odds anymore, we don't need to.

I think both are in the Premier league and Conference league squads so you might be right there.

I'd be very happy if Mings particularly was put on the bench if we're in the Conference final, then brought on in the dying seconds if we're winning comfortably. Whatever his future is here, his commitment to the club deserves to be acknowledged.

I'd be very happy if Mings particularly was put on the bench if we're in the Conference final, then brought on in the dying seconds if we're winning comfortably. Whatever his future is here, his commitment to the club deserves to be acknowledged.
I agree but I just don't think Emery is the sentimental type. He's more likely to put 3 keepers on the bench than Mings and Buendia unless he thinks they can genuinely offer something.

Last edited:

That would be some incredible man management. I can't see it happening unfortunately but what a moment it would be.