Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

CB, LB, RB and DM would be my guess, but could probably do with another midfielder and striker as well to cope with Champions League football. Most likely nearly all of them will be players we don’t know much about
That's it we don't know the mind of Unai, he has very different thoughts from any of us, and none of us would have given Moreno or Rodgers a thought not one of us.

That's it we don't know the mind of Unai, he has very different thoughts from any of us, and none of us would have given Moreno or Rodgers a thought not one of us.
We were all questioning his judgement for both those players. TBF, he was on a budget both winter windows and both have had important roles to fill. Think Moreno is yesterday's news and may be offloaded in the summer but I have no inkling as to Rogers ceiling, just don't think we've seen anything from him yet.

The best is still to come from this Villa team, I can see us speeding up general play and weaving patterns that will make the opposition dizzy.

We were all questioning his judgement for both those players. TBF, he was on a budget both winter windows and both have had important roles to fill. Think Moreno is yesterday's news and may be offloaded in the summer but I have no inkling as to Rogers ceiling, just don't think we've seen anything from him yet.

The best is still to come from this Villa team, I can see us speeding up general play and weaving patterns that will make the opposition dizzy.
Merd.....not seen 'anything' from Rogers. Surely the signs are very promising as opposed to 'a waste of space' which implies we have seen something of him?

Merd.....not seen 'anything' from Rogers. Surely the signs are very promising as opposed to 'a waste of space' which implies we have seen something of him?
I was talking about when we announced them both, it was a bit of a raised eyebrow for both Moreno and Rogers and us all wondering if Unai had finally lost the plot. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, we can all see why Unai bought both of them, Moreno instantly improved attacking options down the left and Rogers has plugged a Ramsey sized hole very effectively.

CB, LB, RB and DM would be my guess, but could probably do with another midfielder and striker as well to cope with Champions League football. Most likely nearly all of them will be players we don’t know much about
We bought a right back Kosta Nedeljkovic and a left back Lino Sousa in the January window.

Yes I think most think they are for the future but Unai may well have them down as starters for all we know
It'll be interesting because depending on how we handle them they could fall into the development budget, outside the reach of PSR. I am not sure either of these lads have even 3,000 minutes of senior football, Lino certainly doesn't.

Rogers had less than 5,000 before he signed, for context, a 38-game season is 3,400.

I couldn't imagine Unai is going to launch two fellas with barely any experience straight into the backline, he isn't Arsene Wenger. With that said both are 6ft+ so it follows the StokeCity-ization of the two leading teams in the league.

We bought a right back Kosta Nedeljkovic and a left back Lino Sousa in the January window.
I don’t think either will get much game time next season. Sousa likely to be loaned out again maybe. I’m not sure he’s done much at Plymouth unless he’s been injured

Yes I think most think they are for the future but Unai may well have them down as starters for all we know
Most thought the same about Rogers.

And albeit with an injury crisis, he's fitted right in and performed superbly so far.

"A full pre season" and who knows where these two could end up.

Young up and coming talent would be welcome, but 2/3 top players is a must in MHO for the next season, if we want to cement our place in the top 4/5.

Young up and coming talent would be welcome, but 2/3 top players is a must in MHO for the next season, if we want to cement our place in the top 4/5.
Yeah a few promising youngsters is ok, but its a fanciful idea if people think we'll be able to build an entire team of kids on the cheap. If we do qualify for the Champions league, that will be the carrot to attract top quality players. We probably need to be looking at a mixture of both