Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

Romano keeps talking about them looking at this and that player but as far as I know, they are in big FFP trouble. They must have some kind of plan to get around it.
They're postponing the inevitable, they cooked the books for this year which makes them safe for 24/25. As noted by a couple of posters Gallaghers contract ends in Jun '25 so they might cash in. Spurs and the Geordies being the most likely destination for him.

They're going to be chasing their tails every year for the foreseeable future I'd bet. They'll also probably sell Chalobah who is a player we should move for he'd be perfect at the RB/RCB role.

Have Arsenal put in a new bid for Luiz yet? £70 million and he can double his wages.

I miss the days when an Inside source at the club use to leak the "Robbie Keane gets his dream move to Villa" story.... Those were the days.

I think we're going to have to box clever next season. I still think a sale of some kind is inevitable to give Unai funds. I think it was going to be Ramsey but his injury has curtailed that now, so it'll be interesting to see who is sacrificed.

In terms of incomings I don't see that many. I'm hoping Gauci can step up to be Emi's backup. I'm happy with Moreno & Digne rotating in the left. I'm happy with the partnership of Pau and Konsa with the backups of Mings and Carlos.... Maybe need a 5th when Lenglet goes and hopefully Chambers..... Hermoso on a free?

We definitely need a right back unless Unai is thinking Ned is ready. I'd accept a silly offer for Cash but wouldnt force him out or sell him on the cheap... He'd be good backup.

We definitely need a new DM to come in for Kamara and free Dougie up again.

Up front I'm torn on Diaby. Part of me is hoping he does a Bailey and comes good eventually, but part of me would snap anyones hand off if we could get our money back and reinvest in Olise.

So a CB on a free, a right back a DM and potentially a forward player if Diaby goes (could be the one sacrificed).

Also I'd keep Archer around. We need a bigger squad next season.

Unai has now had a chance to properly analyse the "group". We've all seen who he rates highly and who he doesn't. Ollie Emi Doug etc never miss a minute when fit. That may also mean they don't have any serious competition.
Who knows what Unai thinks really, after seeing what Saunders did to the team of 76'77 to create the legends of 80/81 side perhaps Unai will do a similar job over the next two windows

Bailey and Diaby. To hit and miss. One should go to pay for another (olisse). Or play Buendia there.
Cash should go and get a cheaper back up to a new RB. Is the young un on loan ready or Kesler-Hayden?
Carlos can go if we get Hermosa.
Absolutely no way is Gauci ready to play when Emi doesn't. Another keeper needed.
Isn't Wilson leaving the bar codes. 1 year contract would be great if possible.

Midfield is an issue. Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Teilemans, Doug, Kamara, McGinn, Ibrabufen.
Is there room for another?

Interesting summer coming up.

Bailey and Diaby. To hit and miss. One should go to pay for another (olisse). Or play Buendia there.
Cash should go and get a cheaper back up to a new RB. Is the young un on loan ready or Kesler-Hayden?
Absolutely no way is Gauci ready to play when Emi doesn't. Another keeper needed.

Midfield is an issue. Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Teilemans, Doug, Kamara, McGinn, Ibrabufen.

Why has one of Bailey or Diaby have to go - keep em both - their record this season shows they should stay - simple

Raise cash.
Turkish press linking us to Saha.
Why would we need to raise cash? A player leaving for me will because he isn’t good enough or has reached a ceiling - any how the prices clubs are asking really is scandalous. Maybe one stellar signing incoming for me with free signings and the returning injuries making up the numbers next season. Mings and Buendia will be like new signings and haven’t been rushed back - both can have a full preseason aswell - less miles on the clock missing a season aswell.

Raise cash? We paid good money for them relatively recently - there's little profit to be made there. Not worth the loss of the players anyway.
What if someone paid £50m for Bailey or £70m for Diaby?

I think if serious offers were made for any of our players, we should at least look at it. I don't think there is a single outfield player that couldn't be improved upon if the price was right.

Obviously I don't think we'll get silly offers for either of them so it's moot, but due to amortisation, Diaby's net worth is now £40m, anything above that and we're in profit, Bailey's worth has reduced to £8m or thereabouts on the same basis. It's how we didn't take an FFP hit on Ings.

What if someone paid £50m for Bailey or £70m for Diaby?

I think if serious offers were made for any of our players, we should at least look at it. I don't think there is a single outfield player that couldn't be improved upon if the price was right.

Obviously I don't think we'll get silly offers for either of them so it's moot, but due to amortisation, Diaby's net worth is now £40m, anything above that and we're in profit, Bailey's worth has reduced to £8m or thereabouts on the same basis. It's how we didn't take an FFP hit on Ings.
If somebody offered £50m for Diaby I would take there hand off.

Yes, we all hope that Diaby will come good but there's no saying he will.

Some of these players will bring in good money and with Emery in charge they will be replaced by better at half the price.
That's the thing, I'm not worried either way. I know that we need to refresh the squad, don't really care who goes as I have total confidence in Unai's footballing opinions.

That's the thing, I'm not worried either way. I know that we need to refresh the squad, don't really care who goes as I have total confidence in Unai's footballing opinions.
Been a long time since that was said Merd. There are managers who try to buy success and a few that build it.

Fuck Wilson. He was very vocal on rejecting us.