Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

Ange has already spent £250m. They have to be close to the line of FFP.
100m back for Kane tho and its pure profit, not sure what their books look like but I think they're healthy. Seems like they can go big again so might be a year 3 problem when they fail to secure UCL football again.

My feeling is they'll spend 200m just to stand still because they massively overperformed in the first 3 months with Ange. I think it was something like 36 points in the first 12 vs. 34 pts from 24 games since. My math isn't quite adding up but its in that vein overall.

So many stories to watch next year. Spurs stumbling, United not changing, Newcastle and Chelsea emerging as competitors again and then ourselves solidifying our spot and trying to close the gap on City and Arsenal.

Don't really give 2 shits about what other teams will or won't be spending. All about what we do and I think we'll be savvy. Pick up a few free/low fee transfers and maybe just maybe have enough in the coffers for 1-2 next level signings, especially if we get champions league

100m back for Kane tho and its pure profit, not sure what their books look like but I think they're healthy. Seems like they can go big again so might be a year 3 problem when they fail to secure UCL football again.

My feeling is they'll spend 200m just to stand still because they massively overperformed in the first 3 months with Ange. I think it was something like 36 points in the first 12 vs. 34 pts from 24 games since. My math isn't quite adding up but its in that vein overall.

So many stories to watch next year. Spurs stumbling, United not changing, Newcastle and Chelsea emerging as competitors again and then ourselves solidifying our spot and trying to close the gap on City and Arsenal.
United I think will get worse before they get better. Just looks a circus of a club.

Michael Olise is probably "in the mix" of potential signings, along with Nico Williams, Jonathan David and a host of others.

We'll have a full list of potentials, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier choices. Then we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly. No idea how much we'll invest and it's obvious that we won't be buying "all of the above". Nico Williams turns 22 in July, Michael Olise is 22, these are the profiles of players that I expect we'll be seriously looking at - young, talented with a potentially higher ceiling.

I can also see some of the 30yrs+ players being offloaded while they still have a resale value. If we sold SJM, Carlos and Digne, for example, does that really weaken us??

BTW Happy Birthday WCD :bday:

Michael Olise is probably "in the mix" of potential signings, along with Nico Williams, Jonathan David and a host of others.

We'll have a full list of potentials, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier choices. Then we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly. No idea how much we'll invest and it's obvious that we won't be buying "all of the above". Nico Williams turns 22 in July, Michael Olise is 22, these are the profiles of players that I expect we'll be seriously looking at - young, talented with a potentially higher ceiling.

I can also see some of the 30yrs+ players being offloaded while they still have a resale value. If we sold SJM, Carlos and Digne, for example, does that really weaken us??

Don that tin hat mate

carlos and digne wouldn't make much diff - could do with getting both their wages off the books.
sjm then yep - midfield is light as it is and hopefully an area strengthened with significant new starters (rather than hopeful turds for unai to polish or 'useful' squad bloat)

Williams seems to think he's a 300K p/w which has apparently put us off (if the various bs sources are to be believed)

carlos and digne wouldn't make much diff - could do with getting both their wages off the books.
sjm then yep - midfield is light as it is and hopefully an area strengthened with significant new starters (rather than hopeful turds for unai to polish or 'useful' squad bloat)

Williams seems to think he's a 300K p/w which has apparently put us off (if the various bs sources are to be believed)

Williams is apparently on 250k a week currently. That sounds impossible outside Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern and a few of our sky 6 lot but Bilbao only have Basque players at the club so virtually all of their squad is academy grads with a few signings sprinkled in. Due to them rarely buying they can put the important players there on huge wages.

Love that we apparently have to sell players and Chelsea can just spaff a billion up a wall and simply go again.

Romano keeps talking about them looking at this and that player but as far as I know, they are in big FFP trouble. They must have some kind of plan to get around it.