Summer Transfer Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

So in that case we should be starting Jamie McGrath. Jimmy rarely starts for Ireland but comes on as sub. Probably his best role for us or just as a left back. A regular at wing back is too much for him.
Fingers crossed Maloney doesnt even play five at the back. We cant play for nil nil bore draws this seseason.
McGrath probably should've been starting for us last season. It was madness that we had an Irish international out on loan while we were struggling.

Maloney apparently keen to keep him, but he wants to go. Hibs want him but only on a free. So hopefully Maloney can win him round to the idea if staying as no way we should let him go for nothing.

Then we need to be signing some wing backs then. Nobody on the right and Pearce is always injured and McClean isn't good enough.
Saying McClean isn’t good enough for League 1 is very disrespectful to a player who has always given his all for the club. We know you don’t like the guy but can you at least show some objectivity. We know he’s well past his best but can you not wait to see the quality of players that come in before writing him off as of no value to a League 1 club?

Saying McClean isn’t good enough for League 1 is very disrespectful to a player who has always given his all for the club. We know you don’t like the guy but can you at least show some objectivity. We know he’s well past his best but can you not wait to see the quality of players that come in before writing him off as of no value to a League 1 club?
I think McLean isn't good enough too. I thought he struggled last season and at the end of 2021/22. There is no sentiment in football, we need younger and better players.

WEP reporting Maloney said that he is hoping to have a new signing in today and another early next week.

My guess would be possibly some of the loan players coming back. Sinani, Kelly, Rekik maybe.

He also stated that there are a number of players who don't want to be here anymore that needs to be resolved. That is probably McGrath and Shinnie, but i'd hope we can try and keep McGrath after seeing a bit of him for Ireland the other night - or at least make Hib pay a decent fee for him.

They've started putting up photos of the players back in training on the official site but so far they've only had a handful of players on their own rather than any pics of the larger group, so i'm wondering if there may be some trialists there who we don't want to be seen.

With respect Emerald I partially agree with you. Nobody could say he doesn't give his all and I would say yes he is good enough for the level we are in but not for a full match at wing back. Ideally he could fit in nicely as a left back in a back four with a younger left winger to lay the ball off to or to make the occasional pitch long run or even to make impact appearances from the bench at either left back or as a left winger.

From the pictures that went up today on the website there were some notable absences of the contracted players who in theory should've been;

Pearce
Tilt
Robinson
Jordan Jones
Humphrys
Keane
Shinnie (No suprise on that one)

Maybe some or all of them were there but not captured on any photos for some reason. But when Maloney says some players want out I suspect they could be the ones he talked about.

From the pictures that went up today on the website there were some notable absences of the contracted players who in theory should've been;

Pearce
Tilt
Robinson
Jordan Jones
Humphrys
Keane

Maybe some or all of them were there but not captured on any photos for some reason. But when Maloney says some players want out I suspect they could be the ones he talked about.
I’ve seen Keane in a photo from training today

Pearce
Tilt
Robinson
Jordan Jones
Humphrys
Keane

Of those I’d like to keep Pearce, Humphrys and Keane. If they all don’t want to be at the club there’s no point keeping them though. Shinnies a good player but it’s clear he won’t be staying.

This year is all about rebuilding and staying in the division. We’ll need to throw in some youngsters to see if they’re good enough, a few impressed in the Rotherham game so could get their chance. If we can get 3 or 4 more involved in the first team squad every week then I can think it’d be great. For us to already have 3 as regular first team players is a credit to the staff that helped their development. I’d look out for Tickle and Sharif this year, I thought they both looked decent.

Pearce
Tilt
Robinson
Jordan Jones
Humphrys
Keane

Could be still on holiday.some of them. Is it the official day every one as to report back.