Summer transfer thread | Page 84 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

It might be similar to the SPL in Egypt in terms of having two big clubs (Zamalek and Al Ahly) compared to Celtic and Rangers in Scotland, however, whilst Rangers and Celtic can command several million transfer fees for their players, i suspect economically Egyptian Premier League clubs have nowhere near the same level of economic strength as the Old Firm duo. So 300k or slightly more (up to 500k maybe) for Zizo might not be unrealistic as it seems. Contract up in 2024 as well and Zamalek probably wont want to let that get to the final year

Hopefully if the Zizo deal is a success it might make us look beyond the UK market for players. Leagues like Belgium, Austria etc are certainly worth exploring in the future for new signings. They are higher ranked leagues than Egypt on the work permit application process too, so it would be easier to get someone who is a regular for a decent sized club at that level for a cheap fee.

Forget paying silly transfer fees in the English market long term. Good young loanees from PL clubs, good free Championship agents and a few signjngs from abroad are the way forward imo

I'm absolutely not against us doing scouting in different countries, but I just hope the recruitment team are sticking to the same principles they've used do far, assessing the character of players as well as pure ability.

Of course, they've not always got it right (Jordan Jones being the best example maybe) but when you go through the time, they've got it right far more times than they've got it wrong, and as James McClean has said, it's one of the best dressing rooms he's ever been in.

Not gonna lie, 300 grand sounds totally unrealistic for a regular international and top scorer of a top level domestic league in its respective country. 1.8 million sounds a lot more realistic, not cheap but in 2022 not massively expensive either.

Plus that info comes from Loudmouth Blue. Say no more...

That same Loudmouth blue who came up with the Broadhead story.

And for your information I was quoting someone who is actually fluent in many different dialects of Arabic and does it as a job.

Ask KDZ if he thinks my information source knows what he is talking about unlike a nomark like you.

if this Zizo is a regular starter for the national team then he will automatically pass for work permit, unlike the keeper.

Another load of your opinionated bullshit, try doing some research into the qualifying criteria before posting something you obviously know nothing about.

Just got this from my pal in Cairo

He's a top player Don scored 19 goals in the Egyptian league would really love to see him at Wigan but he's a premier league quality, if he gets an offer from a priemer league club, would be very difficult for Wigan to sign him.

He is probably the best player in Egypt, top goalscorer and a brilliant penalty taker!

Not gonna lie, 300 grand sounds totally unrealistic for a regular international and top scorer of a top level domestic league in its respective country. 1.8 million sounds a lot more realistic, not cheap but in 2022 not massively expensive either.

Plus that info comes from Loudmouth Blue. Say no more...

To be fair LMB he was noting an Arabic speaker he knew said one article / video originally stating the price was mistranslated into English. He didn't say it was any insider info.

The article I found saying 1.8m was a different article with a different price.

Richardson likes. Energy in his teams. Not players. Like McGrath Who can go missing for long periods.even though they could be a match winner. That’s why he won’t pick Theo. In the staring line up.
Always hard work bringing in these sort of players work permits language Scoring goals in Egyptian league be nothing like the championship ship. Would be better if he came with some one else

Correct Don know one does. But I can’t see these spending that sort of money. Don’t think that’s in the plan. For us. Hope I’m wrong but can’t see it

You may well be right John ... but just consider:

- they bought us with aspirations of (at least) getting us to the championship.
- they reportedly paid higher salaries last season to attract the players we did
- they've shown the EFL that they can fund us through their business plan
- they've deposited an additional £8.5m into the accounts this year.
- they've started on stadium improvements, just as they promised.
- they've already brought in 2 highly rated players in Nyambe and Broadhead

You may well have your doubts about their financial clout, but the evidence would suggest that your concern is unfounded.

I’m hoping we’ll make a move for Camara from Plymouth to improve our midfield, he was exceptional last season. He’s transfer listed and is due back from injury soon.

He'd be my no1 target for sure. Amazing player.

Just looking at who is still free there are still some suprising names.

Smithies (GK, Cardiff)
Clark (GK, St Johnstone)
Foster (GK, Watford)

Barbet (CB, QPR)
Balogun (CB, Rangers)
Mawson (CB, Fulham)
Hector (CB, Fulham)
Morrison (CB, Cardiff)
Christie (RB, Fulham)

Drinkwater (DM, Chelsea)
Delph (DM, Everton)
Gogic (Celtic, DM)
Luongo (DM, Sheff Wed)
Rogic (AM, Celtic)
Berhino (AM, Sheff Wed)

Grabban (Striker, Forest)

I'm not suggesting we should or could get any of them but some decent names still available.

Another player I really rate is Lyle Taylor who's available from Forest. Him on loan would be superb.

Another load of your opinionated bullshit, try doing some research into the qualifying criteria before posting something you obviously know nothing about.
If you start every game for Egypt currently ranked 34th in the world you automatically qualify for a permit. Get those glasses wiped and do the research yourself you fore eyed pleb.

If you start every game for Egypt currently ranked 34th in the world you automatically qualify for a permit. Get those glasses wiped and do the research yourself you fore eyed pleb.
You keep making those remarks, would you like to come and make them face to face you lowlife.