Summer transfer thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Marlon Fossey is set to sign for Rotherham United after a successful short spell with Bolton last season. Wigan showed early interest but Rotherham have won the race for the young wing backs signature. Bolton wanted him back but he chose Championship football. #RUFC #WAFC #BWFC

If it’s free transfers. And loans. Then let’s not grumble when we go back down.again.

It's going to be free transfers and loans for about 3 quarters of the division. Not many clubs will be paying a million fees plus at this level unless they are able to sell to raise funds.

But that doesn't mean you can't get good players in, last season the majority of our players were frees and loans.

Marlon Fossey is set to sign for Rotherham United after a successful short spell with Bolton last season. Wigan showed early interest but Rotherham have won the race for the young wing backs signature. Bolton wanted him back but he chose Championship football. #RUFC #WAFC #BWFC

He looked a promising player but it sounds like we didnt follow up on our initial interest, so we must have someone else in mind. Maybe we had concerns over his injury record.

Interesting to see who we bring in and how Fossey gets on at this level.

Who was the striker on loan from Tottenham who played well against us last season, can't remember for the life of me who it was, only he was a big coloured lad( apologies if that's term is no longer acceptable) ?

He looked a promising player but it sounds like we didnt follow up on our initial interest, so we must have someone else in mind. Maybe we had concerns over his injury record.

Interesting to see who we bring in and how Fossey gets on at this level.

Fossey might be out our price range, and I personally think we missed out but if he’s too expensive, not much we can do, I saw we was after that port vale right back, apparently he has a issue with his hamstrings though, but I imagine those are the types of players we will be going for this window.
Hopefully some frees and loans open up later in the window, still earlyish, but would be nice to have some loans in before pre season

If we can’t compete with Rotherham for players. We must not have a penny to spend. One thing for sure if Charlie not fit and we haven’t been told he is we’re are in trouble.

Fossey might be out our price range, and I personally think we missed out but if he’s too expensive, not much we can do, I saw we was after that port vale right back, apparently he has a issue with his hamstrings though, but I imagine those are the types of players we will be going for this window.
Hopefully some frees and loans open up later in the window, still earlyish, but would be nice to have some loans in before pre season

Rotherham will probably have a smaller budget than us, if Fossey has gone there it won't be because they are offering money we can't match. From the info available it seems like we were interested but never followed through on it for some reason.

I am a bit disappointed as I quite liked Fossey but I'm sure there's a reason we didn't go for him.

I'd never heard of Gibbons, the Port Vale fullback prior to this rumour so no idea what he's like. But big step up from L2 to the Championship.

I suspect Talal is waiting for supporters to show him the colour of their money before committing to any signings. Can’t blame him. We cannot be pissing money up the wall on transfer fees, salaries etc and remain financially stable if supporters don’t contribute to the cause. Been down that road before and don’t wish to see us racking up debt we can’t service again.

I suspect Talal is waiting for supporters to show him the colour of their money before committing to any signings. Can’t blame him. We cannot be pissing money up the wall on transfer fees, salaries etc and remain financially stable if supporters don’t contribute to the cause. Been down that road before and don’t wish to see us racking up debt we can’t service again.
I beg to differ talal will be working to get players in with help from his board of directors
They will know who they want and not guess just like we do on here
In talal we trust

Biggest load of crap you have ever come out with on here

Biggest load of crap you have ever come out with on here

Which bit?

Talal waiting for supporters to put their hands in their pocket before deciding on signings?

Not wanting us to piss money up the wall if the club can’t afford it due to lack of supporter commitment?

Not wanting us to rack up debt again that we can’t service?

Which bit?

Talal waiting for supporters to put their hands in their pocket before deciding on signings?

Not wanting us to piss money up the wall if the club can’t afford it due to lack of supporter commitment?

Not wanting us to rack up debt again that we can’t service?
Well there's not much to buy yet. Those who buy season tickets will have. The early prices were brilliant. Fans have also shown the colour of their money with the believe fund.

We still have 3 new strips to release as well which will generate plenty of income. I doubt that 1 year in and ahead of schedule Talal is shelfing plans to keep investing in his plan because things are a bit quiet this summer

Load of the usual pessimists on here Just sit back and ignore the rumours. I am confidrnt that Liam and his staff are already working with Tal and Mal. They will act when they are ready and not before. No one in here has a clue of their ideas and plans or how much wil be available to invest 😀 Trust them and look forward to another exciting season as a Latic

Apparently it was a Rotherham fan who tweeted about Fossey.
Someone on a wind up?

Free agents are weighing up their offers. With most clubs' pre seasons beginning within the next ten days, I'd expect a lot of them will be making their decisions across this coming week, including anyone whom we've offered a contract.

Just had a quick look at James Gibbons.

Right back / wing back who can also play on left side. 2 goals and 4 assists in 19 league starts last season in L2. Overall 3 goals and 17 assists in 138 games for Port Vale.

5'9, 24 years old, out of contract.

Apparently very intense and physical, aggressive in the tackle, likes to get forward and good at crossing. Port Vale fans seem to rate him very highly and say the only thing that has stopped him being a Championship player already is he's had some injury problems.

Whatmough had similar fitness issues at Pompey but started every league game for us, so if there is any truth in us looking at Gibbons we must believe our medical team can do a similar thing with him that they did for Whatmough.

Shinnie done an interview in Scottish press pouring cold water on the rumours he might be about to leave, saying he's looking forward to pre season and wants to break into the team after not playing as much as he wanted last season.

So it seems both Shinnie and McGrath will be with us next season. With that in mind it makes the Smallwood rumour seem far less likely to be true as our central midfield is fully stocked.