Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 90 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

We can only use past information to form opinions on what his return will be. 41 appearances in 4 1/2 years for a lad who is 25 is shocking. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that his body isn’t suited to top level sport so it’s highly likely the anticipated return won’t be great.
Or you can give players a chance to kick a ball before you judge them. Historically you write many players off based on your study of Wikipedia or other such laziness.
You might even choose to support the people who know the game, whose actual job it is, rather complain about everything it is possible to complain about. For me, it is abundantly clear you know very little about running a football club, and even less about man management.

Or you can give players a chance to kick a ball before you judge them. Historically you write many players off based on your study of Wikipedia or other such laziness.
You might even choose to support the people who know the game, whose actual job it is, rather complain about everything it is possible to complain about. For me, it is abundantly clear you know very little about running a football club, and even less about man management.

Or perhaps I’ll judge them as I see fit, gathering information from a variety of sources to form a considered opinion instead of drooling at the mouth at every decision made because you are incapable of thinking for yourself.

Or perhaps I’ll judge them as I see fit, gathering information from a variety of sources to form a considered opinion instead of drooling at the mouth at every decision made because you are incapable of thinking for yourself.

But you judge in the negative at every opportunity. How are we supposed to take you seriously? It’s just incessantly boring I’m afraid.

I have yet to form an opinion on our new signings, I haven’t seen either in our shirt yet. Both may be great, both may not. But at the moment I am not wrong, you on the other hand may once again be wrong.

Totally agree but let's make them players that can actually step in for injured first choice players.
This lad is a crock and surely there must be players somewhere other than crocks. Roberts and Naismith and Windass may not be the quality for this level but were available to stand in (all be it in that piss poor run last season) Gibson likewise not the quality for this level and couldn't step up as he was injured himself and not available.
I sincerely hope this totally underwhelming first outfield signing manages to keep fit. Wish folk would stop comparing this bloke to Nick Powell to. Only thing in common was injuries but Nick's record wasn't on this lads scale and Nick was also one of the finest players we've had since 2013.
Who is next on the radar Alf-Inge Haaland?

But the difference is Macleod is seemingly a vastly superior player to those you mentioned and if he was fit all the time he wouldn't be available. He is available beacause of his injuries have stopped him reaching his potential - if anyone can keep him fit you've got a player with ability you otherwise likely wouldn't be able to get.

We can only use past information to form opinions on what his return will be. 41 appearances in 4 1/2 years for a lad who is 25 is shocking. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that his body isn’t suited to top level sport so it’s highly likely the anticipated return won’t be great.

As Vic already mentioned Powells record in the time he was away was horrendous - something like 11 apperances in 4 years. But after a disasterous first season where we kept rushing him back and playing him half fit, the physio team worked out a plan to keep Powell on the pitch and they somehow manged to get 45 games out of him in 1 season so they will be planning and trying to do the same with Macleod. It's a calculated risk and one i think is worth taking.

It’s the point that Powell is also a crock but occupies an enourmous wage.

Your entire argument is poor Frankly.

He replaces deadwood, big upside...shot to nothing. Why whinge

The point is Powell was the most talented player in our squad and whilst he had his injury problems they were nothing compared to Macleod so to compare their injury records to justify his signing is utterly ludicrous. We are not flush with options and so to waste a squad place, let alone a salary, on someone whose history suggests he won’t play much is not sensible business if the club believe he’s a realistic regular starter.

The point is Powell was the most talented player in our squad and whilst he had his injury problems they were nothing compared to Macleod so to compare their injury records to justify his signing is utterly ludicrous. We are not flush with options and so to waste a squad place, let alone a salary, on someone whose history suggests he won’t play much is not sensible business if the club believe he’s a realistic regular starter.
Yaawwn

Another day, another new signing written off hours after they’ve joined. ?

Macleod should probably pack his bags and look for a new team, there’s no coming back from being labelled ‘not good enough’ by the Vital Latics experts.

No. It’s the fact BOTH are crocks as you call it. One costs us the bulk of our money the other costs us absolutely peanuts. We wasted a squad place on way worse this lad is talented. We had Jonas olssen, Darron Gibson, Devante Cole ,Jamie Walker Alex Bruce leonardo da Silva Lopez all sapping funds and you choose to pick on a lad who you haven’t seen play yet and have no idea about his qualities. So the comparison to Powell was more financial. Look at the slice of the pie Powell took from us, look at the slice of the pie Macleod takes from us and you have your answer. Not to mention the fact it’s a 1 year deal, nonsense tbh

But you judge in the negative at every opportunity. How are we supposed to take you seriously? It’s just incessantly boring I’m afraid.

I have yet to form an opinion on our new signings, I haven’t seen either in our shirt yet. Both may be great, both may not. But at the moment I am not wrong, you on the other hand may once again be wrong.

So what you’re saying is you can’t find your balls to express an opinion in case your wrong. Yet I form an opinion that Marshall is decent and Macleod not that makes both opinions negative does it??? Do you practice humiliating yourself or does it come natural?

So what you’re saying is you can’t find your balls to express an opinion in case your wrong. Yet I form an opinion that Marshall is decent and Macleod not that makes both opinions negative does it??? Do you practice humiliating yourself or does it come natural?
Once I’ve seen them I’ll form an opinion. Both seem decent players, but you don’t know what the future holds for them at their new club.

Btw, you clearly need no practice at self humiliation, you are a master.

Just read on the website in his interview Macleod said he had signing for us in mind for some time as he nearly joined us on loan 18 months ago and the impression he got from speaking to the manger and coaching staff back then stuck with him.

Apparently after he rejected the Brentford contract and they knew he wanted a fresh start elsewhere they stopped using him so it sounds like he might not have been out injured as much as it appeared last season but was just sidelined due to them wanting to use other players who were sticking around.

In other news Millwall have signed 6'6 Smith from QPR and 6'2 Bodvarsson from Reading - think they are committing to going even more long ball this season!

No. It’s the fact BOTH are crocks as you call it. One costs us the bulk of our money the other costs us absolutely peanuts. We wasted a squad place on way worse this lad is talented. We had Jonas olssen, Darron Gibson, Devante Cole ,Jamie Walker Alex Bruce leonardo da Silva Lopez all sapping funds and you choose to pick on a lad who you haven’t seen play yet and have no idea about his qualities. So the comparison to Powell was more financial. Look at the slice of the pie Powell took from us, look at the slice of the pie Macleod takes from us and you have your answer. Not to mention the fact it’s a 1 year deal, nonsense tbh

Hang on earlier when challenged you said you compared him to Powell purely on an injury point of view now you’re saying it’s more financial. What is it?

Whilst they maybe injury prone, their records aren't even close. Powell would still be our best player, offer more gave time, more goals and assists. I suspect pound per pound he’d offer a better return. Plus you’ve no idea what we’re paying this new lad so how do you know what slice of the pie he’s taking?