Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 63 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Well if he goes there he couldn't anything more different than Cowley method could you, playing under tubby?
Maybe have a chat with Mr Angol first hey...

I was thinking there just might be an announcement today IF we had signed one or two over the last few days/weeks because some contracts expired on June 30th. I don't think with DC and the squad being in Spain it would make any difference to this because interviews and the like can all be done in advance of the official announcements. Doesn't sound as if the scarf is ready to make an appearance though.

Sure this has already been asked... but any idea why the team are in Spain training and not the UK?

Seems to me that with a small squad the last place you’d want to be is a location where the manager has less influence on the transfer market.

Sure this has already been asked... but any idea why the team are in Spain training and not the UK?

Seems to me that with a small squad the last place you’d want to be is a location where the manager has less influence on the transfer market.

Timing seems a little odd as well - straight after 30th June.

He has a phone I believe and normally it is raining in the summer.

It's this week or never with friendlies queued up I guess. Obviously you normally need to go abroad to guarantee a bit of warm weather training.

1st song on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album
(Second hand news)!
followed by(Dreams)

All will be revealed by the club as and when it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much negotiating does a manager do though. Other staff members are still in the UK to get deals finalised.

Also I am wondering if the World Cup is having an impact on announcements/deals being finalised. Big games today and tomorrow so possibly looking for a bit of newspaper space Wednesday and Thursday might be busier. This seems to be across the board with very few signings being announced today by any team

How much negotiating does a manager do though. Other staff members are still in the UK to get deals finalised.

Also I am wondering if the World Cup is having an impact on announcements/deals being finalised. Big games today and tomorrow so possibly looking for a bit of newspaper space Wednesday and Thursday might be busier. This seems to be across the board with very few signings being announced today by any team
If we had finalised signings, surely they would have gone to Spain for the team building

Seen a couple of articles saying yes the world cup is holding things up at the top of the chain hence stuff moving slower down here for us.
Patience guys.

Evening telegraph in Peterborough saying Junior Morias leaving posh today, won't say who to. Quite possibly just a coincidence but with us expecting to make an announcement today, wonder if this could be a surprise addition as well/instead of Akinde?

Well hints have been made and Peterborough in spite of the fat Scottish one doesn't get on with the Cowleys however the rest of them do seem to have a good relationship with us.
MacAntony seems to get on with our board it would appear.
Wouldn't surprise in the slightest if one or two posh lads turn up here again this summer for the new season.

Port Vale seem to be going down the Mansfield/Peterborough route just signing up loads of players and hoping they'll strike gold!

i wonder when we will start dipping into marc tracy's black book of recommendations.
in his three years at cambridge they didn't sign anyone from posh, which is odd considering location.

they did give first loans to wharton, aherne-grant and 'the ginger john terry' kennedy though. and ryan ledson from everton.